European Championship 2011

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I think we should name this the Guybrush and Crackerz thread!

I guess other can't find a team or player that they like, or something that will draw them towards watching the tournament. I have my team, you like Spain...

Too bad, this is the best European tournament when it comes to squads, all of the NBA players are here...it hasn't been like that in a while

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 am
Guybrush wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I think we should name this the Guybrush and Crackerz thread!

I guess other can't find a team or player that they like, or something that will draw them towards watching the tournament. I have my team, you like Spain...

Too bad, this is the best European tournament when it comes to squads, all of the NBA players are here...it hasn't been like that in a while

Well i am spanish, thus my reason for rooting for spain.

and Serbia/Israel is a close game. I switched over to that game, as Spain has wrapped up this game over England.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:11 am
I figured as much, though I thought you just have Spanish blood.

We won in the end, but we were having some troubles. Teodosic didn't have a good game when it comes to shooting, and it seems that bothered him as well, so our offense looked a quite worse than before. But Keselj stepped up, he shot 5 from 5 from the 3 point range. Savanovic had a great game as well. And our captain, Krstic, stepped up in the end as well.

I lost all of my nerves on this one. :) Glad we got the W in the end.

I watched the result in Spain vs. Britain game, and after a while in the second half I realized you guys had it wrapped up.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:14 am
I need to get up earlier so I can watch some of these games.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:35 am
hobbes wrote:I need to get up earlier so I can watch some of these games.

Yeah, definitely... lot of NBA stars are playing. there are a lot of teams in this tournament, most of them aren't too good. The subsequent rounds should be more competitive.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 am
They decided to let more teams compete, because of Italy. Otherwise, they wouldn't play at the tournament, but also there wouldn't be teams like Finland, Belgium, etc.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:08 am
I watched some of the Greece/Macedonia game this morning, that was a bit of an upset.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:31 am
great championship so far. we lost our second center just now, so it will be time for jonas valanciunas (nr5 pick for toronto) to step into big man shoes.
gonna be tough match against spain, but hopefully with the crowd and physicality of our team can prevail against more talented spain.

in next round we'll meet serbia, so, guybrush, we're into it again :mrgreen:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:55 am
I was wondering when you're gonna show up. :mrgreen:

We'll see what will happen...we still have two toughest matches in the group to play. Today against Germany (which after that defeat against France is gonna play probably the best so far), and then France tomorrow. Now is the real test for my team.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:58 am
hobbes wrote:I watched some of the Greece/Macedonia game this morning, that was a bit of an upset.

I watched some highlights of Greece's first match, and then I was sure that they are nothing special at this tournament at least. Still, I wasn't expecting that they are that bad that Macedonia would beat them. Still, that is the weakest group if you ask me. Group B is hell, group A is also tough...but that group is definitely the weakest.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:41 pm
Watched some of the Spain/Lithuania game, man Spain is stacked. They look tough to beat.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:13 pm
Yes... and Lithuania is one of the better teams. When it comes to basketball, USA is by far number one.... then there is a gap.... Then Spain... and then another gap, and then everyone else.

Though Serbia has played great thus far.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:49 pm
Yeah, Spain looks good so far. Though, I thought we would have more trouble with Germany with Nowitzki, but we played amazing game. This is definitely a good team who can play with everyone.

Will see, seems like it will be a really good finish of the tournament, not that things started to develop a bit.

Too bad Serbia, Lithuania and Spain are going after this part in the same group, when on the other side of the draw there are so many bad teams...almost all of them.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:04 pm
And also, despite his not so good shooting tournament so far, Teodosic was 1 rebound and 1 assist away from triple-double. Which is quite harder to achieve than in the NBA.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 am
tough luck for lithuania yesterday, getting stacked spain shooting lights out from 3 point land (before this match spain was like 25 percent from there). sluggish start (somehow usual to us, no matter who we play), and having no good sf/pf (linas kleiza with injury) who could bring some fire in the play. glad for jonas doing great and starring down reyes. though, if we manage to meet spain once more, we have a chance. just need to bite first and forget nice manners.

it wouldn't be strange if all four teams from next tournament grouping (group of: espana, lietuva, srbia, polska/turkiye, francaise og deutschland) advanced to semis - that's how our draw is much stronger, in my opinion.

i say we beat germany and france from favourite role, and have a tough match against serbs, possibly losing.

good luck for serbs against france today, though i think you'll have advantage - france still can't play disciplined basketball, so dispatching them through mechanism of serbian defense (aggressive) should be very likely achievable.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board