Warriors 1990s Trivia

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:21 pm
migya wrote:
Kovach wrote:Hill perhaps?

No, he was 2nd. It was Billy Owens with 8 rebounds a game.

Next question is -
For how many seasons did Chris Mullin average over 50% FG% while with the Warriors?

What is 8 with Golden State?
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 pm
Sorry guys, been on vacation most of last week. Only checking the fantasy thread for the most part so I don't miss my FB picks. =)

I can't remember if they lost in five or six that year. I want to say five, but could be wrong. I remember I had got up during a commercial in the first half of one of the games in LA, and ended up cutting my hand open on a piece of glass in the kitchen. I remember talking my parents into waiting until after the game to take me to the hospital to get stitches. While in one of the holding rooms one of the nurses saw my hand bandaged up and asked how I was doing, and I said "Not well, the Warriors lost."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:20 am
hobbes wrote:Sorry guys, been on vacation most of last week. Only checking the fantasy thread for the most part so I don't miss my FB picks. =)

I can't remember if they lost in five or six that year. I want to say five, but could be wrong. I remember I had got up during a commercial in the first half of one of the games in LA, and ended up cutting my hand open on a piece of glass in the kitchen. I remember talking my parents into waiting until after the game to take me to the hospital to get stitches. While in one of the holding rooms one of the nurses saw my hand bandaged up and asked how I was doing, and I said "Not well, the Warriors lost."

Ouch, nice little story :-o

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:23 am
Knightofoceans wrote:
migya wrote:
Kovach wrote:Hill perhaps?

No, he was 2nd. It was Billy Owens with 8 rebounds a game.

Next question is -
For how many seasons did Chris Mullin average over 50% FG% while with the Warriors?

What is 8 with Golden State?

Correctand that was including seven straight seasons. Mullin, predominantly a jumpshooter, averaged 51FG% for his career :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am
Knightofoceans wrote:On Saturday (I forgot what channel) they were playing the 1990 semi-finals when the Warriors played the Lakers. What was the final series score for that particular series?

It was the 1991 semies, Lakers won 4-1 with only Warriors win being that classic game 2 in which both Mullin and Magic went over 40.
My collection of vintage NBA games

http://nba-collector.webs.com/
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:04 pm
Kovach wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:On Saturday (I forgot what channel) they were playing the 1990 semi-finals when the Warriors played the Lakers. What was the final series score for that particular series?

It was the 1991 semies, Lakers won 4-1 with only Warriors win being that classic game 2 in which both Mullin and Magic went over 40.

That's right, so my trip to the hospital was after Game 1. Mullin was insane in Game 2.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:34 am
Anybody remember the Chris and Tim Burger??

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:44 pm
hobbes wrote:Anybody remember the Chris and Tim Burger??

LOL..I don't remember that..but it seems like an awfully small burger (?).
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:06 pm
If I remember correctly (and I consumed many of these) it was just a regular McD's cheesburger with BBQ sauce and a slice of bacon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:57 pm
Haha that's funny..I think the last "specialty" burger I remember McDonalds having is the monster mac..was that only in NoCal?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 pm
hobbes wrote:Sorry guys, been on vacation most of last week. Only checking the fantasy thread for the most part so I don't miss my FB picks. =)

True fan! Did you bleed gold and blue?
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:Haha that's funny..I think the last "specialty" burger I remember McDonalds having is the monster mac..was that only in NoCal?

I think they had them in other markets, and just used their best two NBA players as the name. We used to always joke that Portland's version was probably the Clyde and Alaa Burger (for Drexler and Alaa Abdelnaby)
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball