The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:08 pm
Yeah, Moss better not be coming to the raiders... Cmon, the dude didnt try at all with our team. ESPN clearly has short term memory. Al Davis doesnt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Yeah, Moss better not be coming to the raiders... Cmon, the dude didnt try at all with our team. ESPN clearly has short term memory. Al Davis doesnt

Too easy, I'll pass on this low-hanging fruit :wink: ...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 pm
what about the whole bay area funding for a shared stadium? I think the Niners might of wasted a fair bit of coin on their santa clara proposal only because the NFL seems to want those 2 teams to share a stadium.

York yesterday confirmed they'd been in discussions with the Raiders & the Raiders F.O whom never confirm nothing mentioned that the discussion had also had discussions about the site & the wording from Amy Trask has always been the venue is best suited in the GhettOakland.

i think both franchises are 2 proud to go and play in the others area... As a international raider fan with no direct ties to Oakland.. I really want the Raiders to move back to Los Angeles.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:54 pm
Yeah, as a Niner fan and STH, I can't imagine going to Oakland, and I am sure Raider fans feel the same way about either Santa Clara or SF.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 am
I think the best thing for the Raiders would be to swallow some pride and make good with the city (or county) of LA - that's the best place for them. They have plenty of fans there, no competing NFL team (Chargers I guess), 2nd biggest Market in the US. LA just offered hundreds of millions to lure the 9ers down there - you gotta think that at some point there is an offer for the Raiders, unfortunately it might have to wait until Big Al D. is off the throne.

The Yorks are desperate to find money right now for that billion dollar stadium - they hired a facebook exec to pander to the rich Silicon Valley crowd, selling lux suites that don't exsist yet, etc... I personally don't have a problem with it, but I think the Raiders don't want to:

1 - move into the 9er's "turf"
2 - pay the crap load of extra cash that it will take to rent that place out
3 - maybe they fear some embarrassment for not being able to avoid blackouts in a much larger stadium.

Seriously no. 3 isn't a knock and if that's the case than it's a smart move - Raiders can't avoid being blacked out in the relatively small stadium they have now, how will they sell an extra 20,000 or more tickets in the much larger ballpark?

No way the 9ers move to a smaller stadium - they never get blacked out even in the horrible years, Yorks want this to be a frugal investment which means more ticket sales for the next 20+ years.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:57 am
The Nnamdi sweepstakes is now over, the Eagles emerge to be the unlikely winners with suberbowl aspirations. Can't believe that he went for 5 years $60 mil. There has been a lot of movement as predicted - Mcnabb to Minn, Kolb to AZ, Ochocinco to NE, to name a few. Plus a lot of head scratches - WTF is Settle doing? Im not pleased with what the 9ers have done (of lack there of), but I can name a few teams that just had horrible off-seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:31 am
I thought NNAmdi would have accepted more... wow, the Eagles must have gave him an amazing sales pitch. Plus, they got Vince Young, who is the most underrated QB, as their backup (he wins over 60% of his games). And traded their former backup (Kolb) for ANOTHER cornerback in Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie... Andy Reid and their GM Staff is doing a wonderful job yet again.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I thought NNAmdi would have accepted more... wow, the Eagles must have gave him an amazing sales pitch. Plus, they got Vince Young, who is the most underrated QB, as their backup (he wins over 60% of his games). And traded their former backup (Kolb) for ANOTHER cornerback in Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie... Andy Reid and their GM Staff is doing a wonderful job yet again.

They also scooped in and got Cullen Jenkins for their DLINE.

Eagles team to beat in NFC

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:26 pm
they also got Johny lee higgins
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:34 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I thought NNAmdi would have accepted more... wow, the Eagles must have gave him an amazing sales pitch. Plus, they got Vince Young, who is the most underrated QB, as their backup (he wins over 60% of his games). And traded their former backup (Kolb) for ANOTHER cornerback in Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie... Andy Reid and their GM Staff is doing a wonderful job yet again.

I disagree with the bold. The Titan's stellar D and running game won those game despite of Young - his numbers in the winning seasons aren't good - it wasn't until last season that his numbers could be considered decent or not bad and they went 4-4 with him under center (QB record). He should be a solid if not great backup, but he will never be anything above that. Overall the Eagles have to of had the best off season, that is if Desean Jackson doesn't hold out into the season, they need to do whatever they can to get him on the field.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:05 am
NFL KICKOFF TONIGHT!
So STFU if you aren't talkin football!

Saints VS Packers - Could there be a higher octane offensive show down... that is less interesting? I mean comon, these two teams are just the cue-card opener that will grab the attention of all of the bandwagonneers of the past 2 season - I'd much rather see a divisional match up, but whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:53 pm
Nnamdi > Revis
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:40 am
How 'bout them Bills - WTF!?!
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 am
Amazing. Their offense is unstoppable. Who knew.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:03 am
Besides the raiders (of course), I see myself rooting for the Lions and Bills (two franchises, like the raiders, that have been notorious losers for the past decade). I enjoy seeing Stafford finally healthy and going strong.

BTW, Ron Ryan is the biggest idiot. He said Calvin Johnson was the third best WR in the Detriot-Dallas game (he believes Dez Bryant and Miles Austin are superior). Moron.

And to rant on Rob Ryan, who the press gives him more attention then Jason Garrett (their actual head coach), he sucks at his job. He was overrated when he was with the Raiders, didn't do much in Cleveland, and now that he is in Dallas, he is feeding off his famous football name.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board