*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:07 am
migya wrote:The Jazz's play so far has been bad by their standards and hopefully for them they'll start playing properly

Milsap was solid last year and already stepping up in Boozer absence and in my opinion playing better than Jefferson for the first 2 games at least. At least that's a bright spot so far.
Australian Fan

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 pm
I'm finally over the We Believe team's loss to the Jazz in the playoffs, which I realized as I thoroughly enjoyed watching the last seven minutes of their humiliation of the HEAT tonight. They friggin beat James & Wade in OT, without DWill, in Miami! That was fun. Only bad part is that we will be competing with the Jazz for a playoff spot (dare I say, for playoff positioning?). So, not good in the standings, but great for comic relief.

Edit: just realized that Millsap tied Monta for points in a game this season. Not bad for a couple of guys drafted in the 40s.
I Believe - that Curry and Monta are gonna have a lot of fun playing together for many years to come.
I Believe - we will be the most improved team in the league next year.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:30 am
Yeah, although i am not a jazz fan, them thrashing the Heat was fun to see... and them beating the Magic last night was a bit of a surprise as well. The Jazz always seem to have quality players, but recently they have never been able to mesh well together. Maybe they're finding their stride.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:25 pm
Big Ben is beasting tonight. I forgot that he can play offense as well...and he's doing it real good. Pistons bench is enjoying themselves every time he scores, and he's doing it with style. 18 points, 10 in third quarter, and the fourth is yet to start.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:01 am
Guybrush wrote:Big Ben is beasting tonight. I forgot that he can play offense as well...and he's doing it real good. Pistons bench is enjoying themselves every time he scores, and he's doing it with style. 18 points, 10 in third quarter, and the fourth is yet to start.

Ben Wallace is a beautiful story of a guy that works hard and does the little things most of these millionaire athletes won't do

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:20 pm
Just read that the Nets are trying to get both Carmelo and AMiller. That would give them a true PG replacement for Devin Harris, who'd be going in such deals, but that would still make them a thin team, with only Carmelo, AMiller and BLopez. To keep Carmelo that'd have to add at least one more good player and/or at least two very good role players.

If I was the Nuggets, I'd be looking for a straight up trade with the Knicks for a package like WChandler and AR, also add one more good player, like Galinari

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:56 am
Al Jefferson has come on real strong the last month. He was above average this season up until then, but not anywhere as good as he was before he had his surgery a couple of years ago. He has recently been as good as he used to be if not better and he is looking like a superstar again

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:34 pm

...the hell?
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:53 am
migya wrote:Al Jefferson has come on real strong the last month. He was above average this season up until then, but not anywhere as good as he was before he had his surgery a couple of years ago. He has recently been as good as he used to be if not better and he is looking like a superstar again

I reiterate, what a season AJefferson has had, especially the last month or so. He looks like a superstar again, by the pieces of footage I've seen, but I want to ask those that have seen a fair bit of him this season, how does he look most of the time, is he like he was before? He is certainly producing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm
migya wrote:
migya wrote:Al Jefferson has come on real strong the last month. He was above average this season up until then, but not anywhere as good as he was before he had his surgery a couple of years ago. He has recently been as good as he used to be if not better and he is looking like a superstar again

I reiterate, what a season AJefferson has had, especially the last month or so. He looks like a superstar again, by the pieces of footage I've seen, but I want to ask those that have seen a fair bit of him this season, how does he look most of the time, is he like he was before? He is certainly producing

in Feb and March, he's been averaging 23.8 points, 11 boards, and 2 blocks per game... thats pretty darn good.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 pm
Marcin Gortat of the Suns has been a very good big since being traded there, moreso since starting and getting big minutes. I had my doubts of what sort of contributor he would be when he was in the Magic, but he has been a very good starting big for Phoenix. What that does do is make RLopez expendable there and I always liked him, but now he looks like he doesn't care, as he has been awful most of this season

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 am
Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. It's not like he forgot how to play basketball altogether suddenly. Probably he lost a bit of his confidence, which is not something you like to see from a player, but it does happen, and it's normal. Still, I wouldn't mind to see him in Warriors' jersey.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:56 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:Image

...the hell?

LOL...this is worth a thread by itself.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:34 am
Ray Allen is one of a handful of veterans to have been in the NBA during the lockout of 1998.

He expressed disappointment with the current situation to the Boston Globe.

“I think of Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Dr. J, and I almost feel just . . . the money we make, not only as players but as owners, the money that’s in the loop is so outstanding, it’s almost embarrassing we can make this type of money and then we can haggle over what we haggle over,’’ Allen said. “It’s important that the game is at an all-time high and I believe that those players in the ’70s and ’80s, they built us to this point to where we can afford the salaries that we all afford, and we just have to remember that. We’ve got to take this game to the next level and know that this is bigger than us.’’

Well said Ray Allen and totally true

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:35 am
migya wrote:
Ray Allen is one of a handful of veterans to have been in the NBA during the lockout of 1998.

He expressed disappointment with the current situation to the Boston Globe.

“I think of Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Dr. J, and I almost feel just . . . the money we make, not only as players but as owners, the money that’s in the loop is so outstanding, it’s almost embarrassing we can make this type of money and then we can haggle over what we haggle over,’’ Allen said. “It’s important that the game is at an all-time high and I believe that those players in the ’70s and ’80s, they built us to this point to where we can afford the salaries that we all afford, and we just have to remember that. We’ve got to take this game to the next level and know that this is bigger than us.’’

Well said Ray Allen and totally true

agreed. Salaries are ridiculus in the nba. Too many mediocre players getting paid like superstars. Maybe making contracts not fully guarenteed will make more teams competitive... though the players union will never go for that.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum