Which FA would you want in our team?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:58 pm
I'd rather throw mid level money at DeAndre than max money at Nene.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:44 am
Beast Mode wrote:I'd rather throw mid level money at DeAndre than max money at Nene.

Basically, that's what it comes down to. I don't think that difference between the two is that big. They are both going to be overpaid, but DeAndre's money is still quite less than Nene's.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:41 am
I would sign Nene if we could involve Lee in a sign and trade w/ Denver. Could be possible as Martin is probably not going back and Faried will mostly be a rebound and energy guy this year. Plus they still have some depth at C with Mosgov and Birdman. Nene is a much better 2 way player than Lee, and he could play both C and PF allowing for some versatile lineups. Kind of like how Atlanta uses Horford.

PG - Curry/ Jenkins/ Reggie
SG - Ellis/ Thompson/ Reggie
SF - Wright/ FA/ Thompson
PF - Udoh/ Nene/ Lou
C - Nene/ Andris/ Tyler

So, I like Nene, but only if we can shed Beans (unlikely) or Lee (possible) in a S&T with Denver. Do not want to give up one of Monta or Curry in a deal to get him though. Not sure how much better it makes us either. Not too much more than a lateral move.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:03 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:PG - Curry/ Jenkins/ Reggie
SG - Ellis/ Thompson/ Reggie
SF - Wright/ FA/ Thompson
PF - Udoh/ Nene/ Lou
C - Nene/ Andris/ Tyler

I don't like that line up - mainly because Wright is a starter and Nene isn't really a defensive upgrade. But if you swap Lee in at 4/3, we have a much better rebounding line up and that will make up for some of the D that we don't have now anyways. This is more likely since I don't think there is much of a chance that Lee goes anywhere anytime soon and he is Lacob's boy.

Seems like everyone i ruling out moving Beans because we wont get any value back for him, but we may be able to get creative and alleviate some of his cap figure. Plus we need to consider that the current salary match up rules in place are unpopular with teams/players/fans/everyone so there is a strong likelihood that rule will become null after these negotiations. If the cap doesn't lower too much, we'll only need to shed about 60-65% of Bean's current salary to accommodate what Nene will likely be asking for.

Think outside the box.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:19 pm
im prepared if we don't get jordan or nene... i'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if we did....

realistically, im looking at samuel dalembert although i read that miami would be willing to offer him the full mid-level exception next year if the new cba does indeed have an MLE.... i dont see that happening though, unless they were looking for someone to spell joel anthony... if that's the case i'd be willing to throw dalembert a little over MLE, something like 6 mil a year over 3 years... that might not be popular with some people on the board, but really all i want is for someone to compete with jeremy tyler and andris biedrins for the starting spot.... also, it would add alot of depth at the 5 position
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:41 pm
When players get to that 30 year age, they tend to start looking for something to validate their career and thats getting a ring. If Miami offered him the MLE, I think he'd do it. The Heat aren't looking for scorers, but a defender and rebounder. Dalembert fits that bill. This could very well be Dalembert's last contract so why would he spend the remainder of his career for a non-playoff team like the Warriors when he could make nearly the same amount while competing for a championship? Same goes for Nene who is 29 years old.

The Warriors best bet is to get a young player with something to prove like a DeAndre Jordan, but the Warriors may need to overpay a guy like that and it would be a gamble.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 am
Beast Mode wrote:I'd rather throw mid level money at DeAndre than max money at Nene.

Couldn't agree more. I like Nene has a player but he has had injury/health issues in the past, is now in his 30's and we would have to royally overpay him to come here. We're probably going to have to overpay DeAndre as well, but it would be a lot less and he is still on the upswing. If we give Nene a five or six-year deal, I hate to see what he is like at 35.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Just a couple of things:

1) Yes there are probably a decent amount of C's who would sign in Miami for half the money. I talked to one a few weeks ago who is gonna be a RFA amd he said he'd sign for about half to play for the Heat.

2) Jordan is gonna probably get more than the MLE and he's not worth more than that. It's not like the Clippers were a lot better on defense than we were. And Jordan is very limited, and about as much of an offensive threat as Biedrins (terrible FT shoorter). I would throw MLE or possibly a bit more money at him to drive up the price on a division rival. But I don't see LAC letting Blake's best friend on the team walk.

3) Nene is much better than Jordan. The Nuggets (post Melo) were a pretty good defensive team (only gave up .9 PPG more on avg the whole season despite playing at one of the fastest paces) as well as the best offensive team. Nene is a two way player who was a big part of that. Would I sign him for the max? No. But is he worth 2-3 million more per year than Jordan? Yes
Get Money. Get Paid.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:41 pm
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214618/Tyson_Chandler_Keeping_Free_Agent_Options_Open

Looks like Chandler could be a possibility. He would be better than Jordan and Nene, but will probably demand a lot of money. Especially after he just helped put Dallas over the hump. Why we did not try get him from Charlotte in one of those trades we made (esp. when Beans had more value) I don't know.
Get Money. Get Paid.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:11 pm
david lee will not get traded.. lee is good frd of the owner. if anyone gonna get traded for FA its gonna be ellis.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214618/Tyson_Chandler_Keeping_Free_Agent_Options_Open

Looks like Chandler could be a possibility. He would be better than Jordan and Nene, but will probably demand a lot of money. Especially after he just helped put Dallas over the hump. Why we did not try get him from Charlotte in one of those trades we made (esp. when Beans had more value) I don't know.

TChandler will stay in Dallas, where he won a championship and brought his career back to pretty good. His last two seasons were not good and his value was dropping. Dallas was a perfect fit for him and now he may well think that he deserves the type of money he was on.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball