Which FA would you want in our team?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:13 am
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:56 pm
Deandre Jordan
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Los Anyeles, CA
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:55 pm
TRON wrote:I believe the most realistic scenario is that we get a sf. Why? I don't think that any team will offer us the players that our FO have in mind that they should take to trade Monta or AB. Our roster will most probably be:

PG Curry, Jenkins
SG Monta, Thompson
SF FA, Whright
PF Lee, Udoh
C Bienrish, Tyler

So which SF is possible?


Here's a list of FA wings

Dominique McGuire
Rasual Butler
Caron Butler
Deshawn Stevenson
Peja
Aaron Afflalo
Wilson Chandler
Teyshaun Prince
Shane Battier
Mbah Moute
Jared Jeffries
Shawne Williams
Thadeaus young
Grant Hill
Kirilenko
CJ Miles
Josh Howard

If we want a solid wing defender we can make an offer to Battier or Prince, but I like Mbah Amoute due to being younger and cheaper. His size and defensive ability would help make some nice versatile lineups. Afflalo and Kirilenko are also options, but I think Afflalo is more of an SG and will get paid, and Kirileinko is only a shell of himself. Stephenson is also an option, but I'm not sure he is a good fit on this team.

Other options who would help but aren't needed (due to scoring being their strength) are Wilson Chandler or Josh Howard (could be cheap coming off injury)
Get Money. Get Paid.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 am
If JHoward could get back to what he was in Dallas, he'd be an awesome pickup, likely at cheap, but doubt he'll ever get back to that level. CButler will likely get resigned. A few of the other SFs there on that list would be good, but whether worth spending money on is the question
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Moderator
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:37 am
I would love to have AK47 on this squad... I think he was limited to Sloan's super slow offense for so many years. I think he would improve in a quicker pace team, not to mention he brings much needed defense.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 930
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Rock Island, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:21 pm
Yeah, AK47 may be a shadow of his former self but I see him getting resurrected if moved to another team (much like I think will happen to Biedrins if he's moved)..may likely just need a change of scenery.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I would love to have AK47 on this squad... I think he was limited to Sloan's super slow offense for so many years. I think he would improve in a quicker pace team, not to mention he brings much needed defense.




For no more than the MLE type money, Kirilenko would be a real good signing, but I do think he'll go to another team or stay in Utah
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1036
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Look behind you
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:33 pm
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I would love to have AK47 on this squad... I think he was limited to Sloan's super slow offense for so many years. I think he would improve in a quicker pace team, not to mention he brings much needed defense.




For no more than the MLE type money, Kirilenko would be a real good signing, but I do think he'll go to another team or stay in Utah



He would never come to Oakland. Not after what The Baron did in his house way back when. :D
~LilBallerx~

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:12 pm
Nene opted out of his contract....

this is good news, but the bad news is that if the cap is more or less the same next year that it was this year, we only have enough wiggle room to start him off at 8 mil dollars a year... this definitely isn't enough to sign him... and given that him and gason are the biggest names in this year's free agency, they'll probably request max offers.... i dunno tho... we'll see...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

Rookie
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 pm
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:18 pm
8th ave wrote:Nene opted out of his contract....

this is good news, but the bad news is that if the cap is more or less the same next year that it was this year, we only have enough wiggle room to start him off at 8 mil dollars a year... this definitely isn't enough to sign him... and given that him and gason are the biggest names in this year's free agency, they'll probably request max offers.... i dunno tho... we'll see...

Warriors don't have enough cap space for Nene with AB, Ellis, and Lee. Also heard Nene wants to play PF not center and we have David lee and Udoh occupying that spot. Warriors gonna have to move one of the main pieces to get Nene because 10 mill is starting point and it going to go up.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 pm
Agreed. He had around 11 millions guaranteed for the next season, and he opted out of that contract. So, he would at least want that amount of money, and more likely even more. We can't afford that, cause we have around 7 millions available now.

They say that they won't move key players, but otherwise, they can't sign Nene. So, we would have to trade someone. I would be thrilled if we would deal somehow Lee and Biedrins away, and get something good, but cheaper in return. Of course, it would leave us a bit weaker, but we will have some money for FAs, and would keep Curry and Ellis.

Personally, I don't want Nene. He isn't the real center, and he's not a defensive presence. He's coming of his career year, and he averaged less than 15 points per game, and a little bit over 7 rebounds a game. That's not a player that I want to pay that amount of money. Especially when you take his not so good defense into consideration.

On the other hand, DeAndre Jordan is restricted FA, and he could be an option, but I believe that some team will overpay for him. He doesn't have almost any offensive game, his only points usually come from the dunks. Though, he is a bit better defender that Nene, but still, not great. Still, I would take him over Nene.

Oh, we waived Jeff Adrien.
Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 pm
I think a Nene acquisition is much more likely than many of you think...

-Our FO was pretty much the only ones that predicted that he would opt out - or at least believed that there was a good chance that it would/

-Nene and his agent had to of been in some sort of contact (one way or another) with a team making promises. Especially when you consider the financial uncertainty that he'll face after the lockout - the cap will either be hard or go down.

-It's been reported that the potential acquisition of Nene has been used to convince Ellis that we can win with him (Tim K.).

-Also from Tim K - he appears to be interested in the Warriors + West Coast

-We have expressed interest in him from the gate.

-It wouldn't be the first time a NBA team didn't let silly things like money, salary caps or rules get in their way...
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 930
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Rock Island, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:06 pm
Was just watching Pardon the Interruption and heard mention of Nene being a good fit for Golden State..just speculation but thought I'd bring that up. Also, one dude predicts a 75% chance of there not being a season of basketball this year. I hope he's wrong..
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:43 pm
Guybrush wrote:Agreed. He had around 11 millions guaranteed for the next season, and he opted out of that contract. So, he would at least want that amount of money, and more likely even more. We can't afford that, cause we have around 7 millions available now.

They say that they won't move key players, but otherwise, they can't sign Nene. So, we would have to trade someone. I would be thrilled if we would deal somehow Lee and Biedrins away, and get something good, but cheaper in return. Of course, it would leave us a bit weaker, but we will have some money for FAs, and would keep Curry and Ellis.

Personally, I don't want Nene. He isn't the real center, and he's not a defensive presence. He's coming of his career year, and he averaged less than 15 points per game, and a little bit over 7 rebounds a game. That's not a player that I want to pay that amount of money. Especially when you take his not so good defense into consideration.

On the other hand, DeAndre Jordan is restricted FA, and he could be an option, but I believe that some team will overpay for him. He doesn't have almost any offensive game, his only points usually come from the dunks. Though, he is a bit better defender that Nene, but still, not great. Still, I would take him over Nene.

Oh, we waived Jeff Adrien.




Well said. I also don't think what Nene's done is really amazing to say the least, it's just that he can be counted on to make a difference. DJordan is much better and that he is a real Center, rebounds real well, plays the defense and can score inside without being someone who demands the ball or needs it much at all
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:45 pm
JREED wrote:I think a Nene acquisition is much more likely than many of you think...

-Our FO was pretty much the only ones that predicted that he would opt out - or at least believed that there was a good chance that it would/

-Nene and his agent had to of been in some sort of contact (one way or another) with a team making promises. Especially when you consider the financial uncertainty that he'll face after the lockout - the cap will either be hard or go down.

-It's been reported that the potential acquisition of Nene has been used to convince Ellis that we can win with him (Tim K.).

-Also from Tim K - he appears to be interested in the Warriors + West Coast

-We have expressed interest in him from the gate.

-It wouldn't be the first time a NBA team didn't let silly things like money, salary caps or rules get in their way...




Looks like it doesn't it. Nene might well be a real good chance of coming here, it's for how much money that is the thing.

I also think the salary cap will go down, as most of the current issue is about money and how the owners are losing a ton of it. Things look like they will change and go backwards money wise and if it has to be that way so be it
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:54 pm
i see the clippers matching ANY offers on deandre jordan... the only money they have tied up is mo williams and chris kaman which ties up about 20 mil... besides those two contracts, the rest of the team is a steal...

blake griffin - 5 mil
eric gordan - 4 mil
al-farouq aminu - 3 mil

you guys can check it out here
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_clippers.htm

after they bring back deandre jordan this oncoming year, kaman comes off the books the year after that and they can match any offers on eric gordan.... i hate to say it but the clippers are brewing up something pretty damn good, and on top of that, they're in a GREAT situation financially....

and liek someone said earlier, the only way we can offer nene enough money is if we find a team with a significant amount of trade exception so that we can ship a player out without taking anything back.... we have to be very careful tho because we can ship someone like andris or udoh out to have enough money to offer nene, and we could still end up with nothing if nene decided to sign somewhere else.... this is some risky business... not sure if its the same risky business jerry west was talking about when he said that we have to be able to take risks....

im gettin nervous just talking about it
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron