32%
no
68%

Total votes : 22

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:26 pm
#32 wrote:
BY wrote:I will say this, J-Rich is more deserving than BD.

Why? A lot of people are making this argument... but I don't understand it. Baron Davis has put up more consistent, all-around, superstar numbers than JRich... is it because Jason scores a couple points more per game with a better %...?

I totally think JR aces out Ray Allen for an All-Star spot, but I also think Baron's better than either of them. Can somebody please draw out a reason for me...?

As much as I like Rich, Allen has pretty much the same averages. One difference is he's done it year after year for nearly a decade. J-Rich is a rising star, but people recognize the players they've seen over and over. Jason will get his due soon.

J-Rich has done more for this team than BD has. Richardson has taken it personal when he hasn't performed well or when the team is down, BD on the other hand seems to disappear at times if things are already bleak. I'm not ragging on BD, but to me J-Rich has more of the killer instinct and attitude. If he had a horrible first half you can almost expect a 20 point second half to make up for it. He is scoring more, with a higher percentage. At times I'd almost rather have BD sit instead of his constant dribbling and propensity to keep the ball to himself a bit.
Here we go again...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:54 pm
I agree, Jason Richardson has more of a "Leader of the Warriors" attitude than Baron and he plays with 100% effort every game... but Baron's results are undeniable. As a single's player (which is what an "all-star" is supposed to be), Baron has an advantage in nearly every category that matters...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:43 pm
How did Baron not get selected to the all-star team. I mean, he's much more deserving than Shawn Marion, Elton Brand, and Dirk. All those guys do is show how good they are by winning games. I mean c'mon, since when does playing really well and leading your team to victory mean you are an all-star. What really matters is statistics. Baron is dominating the league with his sub 40% fg pct. and his incredible 65% free throw pct. Plus nobody is as good as he is at dribbling the shot clock down to 5 seconds and jacking up a contested 25 footer, or helping his team blow a 20 point 2nd half lead and forgetting how legs work on the last possession of the game after waiting too long to start the play (Yes, I am still bitter about the Clippers game).

Seriously though, Baron is a great player, and the Warriors would be even worse without him. He has come in clutch a couple times at the end of the game, but he has been horrible in the 4th quarter way more often than not, and he is definately not an all-star. Not that Ray Allen deserves to be either, because Carmelo, J-Rich, and Chris Paul have done better than both of them. If Baron and the Warriors were playing like they did the last 25 games of last year, Baron is a no brainer all-star, because he was dominating opposing teams and helping the Warriors win. But the Warriors have been playing like the Blazers since that 12-6 start (which isn't supposed to happen with 2 supposed all-stars), and I'm sure that was a factor in the selections.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:10 am
woogie wrote:How did Baron not get selected to the all-star team. I mean, he's much more deserving than Shawn Marion, Elton Brand, and Dirk. All those guys do is show how good they are by winning games. I mean c'mon, since when does playing really well and leading your team to victory mean you are an all-star. What really matters is statistics. Baron is dominating the league with his sub 40% fg pct. and his incredible 65% free throw pct. Plus nobody is as good as he is at dribbling the shot clock down to 5 seconds and jacking up a contested 25 footer, or helping his team blow a 20 point 2nd half lead and forgetting how legs work on the last possession of the game after waiting too long to start the play (Yes, I am still bitter about the Clippers game)

This part is classic. Too long to have it as a sig, tho...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:55 am
Maybe he's a critic.... :mrgreen:

Pretty right though

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:22 am
DAMMIT, TMC's right...

I actually DID try to make that paragraph my sig. Too true, indeed. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD