Which FA would you want in our team?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:47 am
Presume that we can clear about 15mil. That means we let go all our FA and get AB contract of our back. Who would you want above anyone else.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 am
Nene :D

Sorry, I don't know if it's possible. I have no idea how the FA and budget things work, I never cared to learn, hehe.
My collection of vintage NBA games

http://nba-collector.webs.com/
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am
Kovach wrote:Nene :D

Sorry, I don't know if it's possible. I have no idea how the FA and budget things work, I never cared to learn, hehe.

I would give the quick and dirty and post links, but all of that is going to change soon so I don't know if there would be much point.

First I'd like to see us bring back Al Thornton and maybe Louis Amundson (he looked better down the stretch last year and I know he is capable of playing good D). Tyson Chandler, would be a dream if we could acquire him but I'm not sure the cap will allow it. Shane Battier, is a guy that I think we could get for a decent number that could help defensively subbing in for Monta and Curry - assuming they are both still around.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:56 pm
DAVID WEST
CHRIS MULLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 pm
chrismullin17gs wrote:DAVID WEST

A shooting power forward coming off knee surgery

next.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 pm
paul millsap
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:32 pm
I think PF positon is the least of our worries, yet you guys want players that play that position. I know that names are tempting, but we have Lee and Udoh (and Amundson as well) to play that position. Not many room for more players, especially if you take in consideration Lee's contract. It would be different story if we managed to trade Lee somehow.

So, basically this is the order of positions by needs, in my opinion:
1. Center
2. Small forward
3. Shooting guard
4. Point guard
5. Power forward

The first two choices are obvious enough. I have shooting guard as 3rd need, because of possibility of trading Monta. Point guard is still not locked, Curry could be traded, so that would leave us with Law and Jenkins, or Monta playing PG. So, PF is the least of our worries, even if we do trade Lee, we still have Udoh there.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:06 pm
Nene!!!!!
Play some D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:19 pm
A good Center

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:35 pm
DeAndre Jordan without question
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:03 pm
any Center like Gasol, Nene, or D Jordan would be an upgrade to what we have now and center should be are all-in target. I, also hope we can get Al Thornton back for cheap. the guy has some skills and there's something about his game I really like.... just think it hasn't all come together and "clicked" yet for him. think it could with the right team backing him and knowing he'd be getting consistent minutes.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 am
If we had made that Biedrins trade it's possible we could have signed a C. Maybe Toronto would like him w/ Jonas being in Europe for a year and being cheap. I see us going more the route of a cheap big man over a Gasol Dalembert Nene or Jordan. Maybe a Jeff Foster or possibly Aaron Gray with his ties to Malone in NO (hopefully not though cause he sucks).

I think it would be wise to also get a solid wing defender like Mbah Amoute from Milwaukee. He can play SF to shut down wings and give us a big lineup, as well as allow Dorrell to come off the bench.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:28 am
Alexis Ajinca. 7'2, 235 lbs. Not the quickest guy in the world, not the greatest defender either [average] but he's a big body that can rebound and be had for cheap.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 pm
we're royally fuked if we have people considering alexis ajinca...

its realistic tho... people who are screaming nene, gasol, and chandler don't realize that it's very unlikely.... people who are within reach are people like nazr mohammed, joel pryzbella, jeff foster, etc. etc.

i don't think we're going to improve that much through free agency... it probably has to be through trade if we were to acquire a more than serviceable big man, and i know how some of you love brewing crazy trade ideas.......

this just hit me... im prepared to have another losing season... sigh*

hope im wrong tho...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:51 pm
I believe the most realistic scenario is that we get a sf. Why? I don't think that any team will offer us the players that our FO have in mind that they should take to trade Monta or AB. Our roster will most probably be:

PG Curry, Jenkins
SG Monta, Thompson
SF FA, Whright
PF Lee, Udoh
C Bienrish, Tyler

So which SF is possible?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball