The official KLAY THOMPSON thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hopefully i am wrong, but this draft pick will only make us eligable for the Jared Sullinger sweepstakes.

and Jared Sullinger is no longer near the top 3 of the mock drafts. He's nice in college but the NBA isn't very eager for a 6'8, 290 lb unathletic bulldozer.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:59 am
PAWNO wrote:
facue420 wrote:i woudnt mind give monta another chance, since he got that w logo tattoo on his back. if he can reset himself into a pass 1st player hes going to be good since he can draw 2 defenders on him. hopefully jerry or the coach can make him more mature.

i was thinking the same thing in regards to the tattoo.. How can we trade him and imagine what its going to be like when that swety body steps naked into a Phila 76'ers shower for a post game cleansing.

In saying that Rob Rowell probably had "property of Chris Cohan" inked up on his ass cheeks and thats why Rowell ended up hanging around.

I'd get a tattoo of a donkeys ass on my face if it represented me getting paid $66 million. "Lets keep him, he has a tattoo of our logo".... Now that is sound logic... Wake up Warriors fans, lets stop the love fest with fan favorites and start winning basketball games..
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:14 pm
Oh Klay, you are a train wreck. You look like you know what you're doing, but you keep screwing things up. Why Klay? Klay?

To be fair, when was the last time the Warriors had a high draft pick get this kind of playing-time as a rookie? The past few years the picks have been buried on the bench because they weren't ready for NBA basketball. I guess we should thank those past coaches for shielding us from the horrid play.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:34 pm
f1n3 wrote:Oh Klay, you are a train wreck. You look like you know what you're doing, but you keep screwing things up. Why Klay? Klay?

To be fair, when was the last time the Warriors had a high draft pick get this kind of playing-time as a rookie? The past few years the picks have been buried on the bench because they weren't ready for NBA basketball. I guess we should thank those past coaches for shielding us from the horrid play.

?? Can you be more specific. I realize the guy's not gonna come in and be Kobe right away, but I'd say he's far from 'screwing up.' His shot hasn't exactly been there, but he lit it up in the Spurs game. I like what I'm seeing from the guy as far as having an overall game and nose for the game. If you're talking about that pass (vs Jazz tonight) to Monta being a 'screw up,' I would say it's more Monta's fault. Why the hell is Monta anticipating an ally oop with less than 2min to go ,when a simple pass (which is what Klay made) would've been the better play. I'm impressed with Klay so far. Once his shot starts falling, he'll be a big asset.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:45 pm
f1n3 wrote:Oh Klay, you are a train wreck. You look like you know what you're doing, but you keep screwing things up. Why Klay? Klay?

I'd prefer to give the 1st round draft pick a real good chance and playing time rather than what happened the last few years. Give the guy a couple of months at least, if not more now since the season looks already lost and see what he can really do. If he looks promising, that opens up trade possibilities with either Monta or Curry or both

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:05 am
migya wrote:

I'd prefer to give the 1st round draft pick a real good chance and playing time rather than what happened the last few years. Give the guy a couple of months at least, if not more now since the season looks already lost and see what he can really do. If he looks promising, that opens up trade possibilities with either Monta or Curry or both

Completely agree but it is tough to watch. The lack of a proper off season and training camp has hurt him a lot. He is over compensating for the speed and strength of the nba game.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 am
The skill is there, but is he playing like a rookie who has had no off-season and a two-week training camp. He will get a lot better, but we'll have to deal with the growing pains as he plays through it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:07 pm
for what its worth, he looked a lot better then Enes Kanter...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:16 pm
I was pist off al those years with the rookies sitting on the bench. We were auful as a team, we had no excuse for that. No one can get better just by watching and practicing.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 am
f1n3 wrote:
migya wrote:

Completely agree but it is tough to watch. The lack of a proper off season and training camp has hurt him a lot. He is over compensating for the speed and strength of the nba game.

The team looks awful anyway and the more playing time the rooks get, the more developed they'll get and the better it is to see how good they really are. That's what's important right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 am
Vs Rockets Mark Jackson kept him in to finish the game. Don't know if you saw it, but that lineup of
Curry / Ellis / Klay / D Lee / Udoh looked pretty good. I like having KT instead of Dorrell because he gives them another guy who can handle the rock and make plays, while still being able to stretch the floor. Also Klay's defense is underrated. Would like to see that lineup experimentation for a few games just to see if it's an improvement.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:53 am
rockyBeli wrote:Vs Rockets Mark Jackson kept him in to finish the game. Don't know if you saw it, but that lineup of
Curry / Ellis / Klay / D Lee / Udoh looked pretty good. I like having KT instead of Dorrell because he gives them another guy who can handle the rock and make plays, while still being able to stretch the floor. Also Klay's defense is underrated. Would like to see that lineup experimentation for a few games just to see if it's an improvement.

Agree 100%.

Is anyone against Biedrins-Udoh front courts, at least in small doses? I like the sound of those two smash mouths throwing arms around in the paint.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:16 pm
I seriously think it's time for Thompson or Rush to take Wright's starting spot. I've been thinking about this for about a week or two now. You can make a case for Rush because he's shooting way better than Wright is, plus he plays way better defense, can rebound better, and give you an occasional electrifying block. Right now, I think Wright should be the 3rd option at the 3 after Rush and Thompson respectively.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:13 pm
32 wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:Vs Rockets Mark Jackson kept him in to finish the game. Don't know if you saw it, but that lineup of

Agree 100%.

Is anyone against Biedrins-Udoh front courts, at least in small doses? I like the sound of those two smash mouths throwing arms around in the paint.

I would like to see this in small douse, but I think the fact that if one of them gets in foul trouble, or both of them do, you are seriously risking having to play ultra small. Also wouldn't mind seeing Udoh start at Center, and bring beans off the bench. I know coach won't go for it, but I think it would be better to get Udoh's hustle in the beggining of the games, and throw Beans in against their non starting centers.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:15 pm
8th ave wrote:I seriously think it's time for Thompson or Rush to take Wright's starting spot. I've been thinking about this for about a week or two now. You can make a case for Rush because he's shooting way better than Wright is, plus he plays way better defense, can rebound better, and give you an occasional electrifying block. Right now, I think Wright should be the 3rd option at the 3 after Rush and Thompson respectively.

I would actually like to see McGuire Start, bring in his defense to start the game, and then play Rush, then Wright... with Klay backing up Monta and maybe getting some minutes at the 3 twoards the end of games.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball