The official JEREMY TYLER thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:21 pm
Tyler sounds a little like the Warriors first round pick in the 1986 NBA draft.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:52 am
He may be the biggest steal in drafts history.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:44 am
Here's a bit more about Tyler:

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:34 pm
After watching Tyler's Draft Combine interview, I have a feeling that Tyler might just melt down if MJ makes him sit on the bench to watch and learn or even to the D-League.

His response in not being able to play right away:
"I just don't see how that can happen. The talent and the athleticism, it's all there. I just don't see how it would be possible for me to not play right away..."

Here's the Draft Combine Interview link below:
At the 6:35 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjMSNSlyyBQ

Oh my first post =)
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:03 pm
Well, like Myers said before they made a choice to get Tyler, Jackson will have to work with him. And I don't think of this 'I just don't see how it would be possible for me to not play right away" as a bad thing. It shows he has desire to play and love for the game. There's a bunch of players every year that come out to the NBA with the attitude like:"OK, I just got here, I'll take my time, watch and learn, for now...", and they perish from the league soon after. Not all of them, of course, but some number does.
I know if I went to the NBA, that I would want to play, I wouldn't go if it meant that I would sit on the sidelines. The best way to learn, is to play, in my opinion.

Oh, yeah, 23 Warrior4Life...welcome to the board.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:29 pm
Guybrush wrote:Well, like Myers said before they made a choice to get Tyler, Jackson will have to work with him. And I don't think of this 'I just don't see how it would be possible for me to not play right away" as a bad thing. It shows he has desire to play and love for the game. There's a bunch of players every year that come out to the NBA with the attitude like:"OK, I just got here, I'll take my time, watch and learn, for now...", and they perish from the league soon after. Not all of them, of course, but some number does.
I know if I went to the NBA, that I would want to play, I wouldn't go if it meant that I would sit on the sidelines. The best way to learn, is to play, in my opinion.

Oh, yeah, 23 Warrior4Life...welcome to the board.

Good take :) I guess my initial reaction to Tyler's statement was his immaturity and never thought about what you mentioned. If he has the desire to play and love for the game then now with a chip on his shoulder, he is out to prove everyone wrong. This does sound like what Monta Ellis was like when he was drafted. Let's hope for the best!

Thanks for the welcome ::lol: I usually only lurk around Warriorsworld.net and excited to find this site today.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball