The official KLAY THOMPSON thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:56 am
facue420 wrote:i woudnt mind give monta another chance, since he got that w logo tattoo on his back. if he can reset himself into a pass 1st player hes going to be good since he can draw 2 defenders on him. hopefully jerry or the coach can make him more mature.

i was thinking the same thing in regards to the tattoo.. How can we trade him and imagine what its going to be like when that swety body steps naked into a Phila 76'ers shower for a post game cleansing.

In saying that Rob Rowell probably had "property of Chris Cohan" inked up on his ass cheeks and thats why Rowell ended up hanging around.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:18 am
hopefully i am wrong, but this draft pick will only make us eligable for the Jared Sullinger sweepstakes.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 am
migya wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
migya wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:I think this pick solidifies Monta being traded ... hopefully for Iggy.

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF Iguodala
PF Lee
C Udoh

go from having one of the shortest back courts to one of the tallest ... defense would be improved and we could bring D-Wright off the bench as our 6th man. **** would be lovely.

Weak as hell with the bigs. Monta must be traded for a good Center

You keep saying this but no team is going to trade a good Center for a undersized 2 guard so get over it. And don't mention Gasol, he is far more valuable than Ellis.

Monta is not just an average 2 guard now is he. Pretty good the last year I think

It doesn't matter. He's not worth an elite big because there are only about 5 legit C's in this league... undersized scoring guards are much more replaceable.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 am
trading monta for "Iggy" would be a huge mistake, I love Klay playing with Monta I'm excited to see what they can do.
Steinmetz says he can't play defense and the Jeremy Lin was a better defender. This kid can play some D, he's not Gary Payton but he is very good, especially at playing team defense.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:24 pm
To me it would make much more sense to not make a trade and move the roster around.
A roster with Curry and Ellis starting, with Williams and Thompson compeating for backup mins doesn't excit me.
But, with some creativity and moving some pieces around, this roster would excit me:

PG: Ellis, Curry, Lin
SG: Thompson, Williams, Jenkins, Bell
SF: Wright, FA PICK
PF: Lee, Udoh, Amoundson
C: Beans, Tyler, FA PICK

You solve your back court size, problem, even though curry and ellis will probably still see time on the court together, specially 4th quarter. Some people question having Curry coming off the bench, but as much as he is toutted for being our future PG, because of his subpar defense and qiuckness, I think he is better served coming in off the bench as a 6th man.

and if Lee can ever develope a post up game (or maybe tyler down the line can), then you could have at times a lineup like:
Curry, Ellis, Thompson, Wright, Lee

that would be an awesome offensive lineup for when you need to score in a hurry.

And when you need defense:
Ellis, Wright, FA (Battier or Prince), Udoh, Beans or FA(Dalembert).

That is a playoff team.... and a young one with room to get better.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:32 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:To me it would make much more sense to not make a trade and move the roster around.
A roster with Curry and Ellis starting, with Williams and Thompson compeating for backup mins doesn't excit me.
But, with some creativity and moving some pieces around, this roster would excit me:

PG: Ellis, Curry, Lin
SG: Thompson, Williams, Jenkins, Bell
SF: Wright, FA PICK
PF: Lee, Udoh, Amoundson
C: Beans, Tyler, FA PICK

You solve your back court size, problem, even though curry and ellis will probably still see time on the court together, specially 4th quarter. Some people question having Curry coming off the bench, but as much as he is toutted for being our future PG, because of his subpar defense and qiuckness, I think he is better served coming in off the bench as a 6th ma
n.

and if Lee can ever develope a post up game (or maybe tyler down the line can), then you could have at times a lineup like:
Curry, Ellis, Thompson, Wright, Lee

that would be an awesome offensive lineup for when you need to score in a hurry.

And when you need defense:
Ellis, Wright, FA (Battier or Prince), Udoh, Beans or FA(Dalembert).

That is a playoff team.... and a young one with room to get better.

wow curry coming off the bench... How long has marc jackson been abusing crack?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
migya wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
migya wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:I think this pick solidifies Monta being traded ... hopefully for Iggy.

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF Iguodala
PF Lee
C Udoh

go from having one of the shortest back courts to one of the tallest ... defense would be improved and we could bring D-Wright off the bench as our 6th man. **** would be lovely.

Weak as hell with the bigs. Monta must be traded for a good Center

You keep saying this but no team is going to trade a good Center for a undersized 2 guard so get over it. And don't mention Gasol, he is far more valuable than Ellis.

Monta is not just an average 2 guard now is he. Pretty good the last year I think

It doesn't matter. He's not worth an elite big because there are only about 5 legit C's in this league... undersized scoring guards are much more replaceable.

You are right about guards being far easier to replace than bigs, but MGasol, before the playoffs that is, was pretty average and most on here ripped me a fair bit for still wanting to trade Monta for him. This trade could be possible and now with this Tyler character on the team, adding him with Monta might well get it done

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:28 am
The Warriors are starting to show a pattern of drafting PEDIGREE!!!

I say that cause we had Mike Dunleavy Jr with the 3rd pick in the YAO Ming draft. (son of former coach Mike Dunleavy)

We drafter Steph Curry in 2009 and he is the son of Dell Curry!!!

& After watching this recent NBA Draft i see Klay is son of former Trailblazer no.1 Pick Thompson.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:26 am
stop migs... just stop... we're never going to get gasol... PERIOD
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:04 pm
This pick has "Monta's replacement" written all over it, which is good. Any one of the guys I've seen mentioned in Monta deals would be an improvement towards defense and rebounding.

What I don't get is why we haven't traded Monta by now. Even if Klay got snatched early, you know you could've gotten at least Alec Burks or Chris Singleton, both of whom would be able to slot in decently in some role. So why not trade Monta before tipping your hand to everybody at the poker table?

Do they honestly believe that a semi-contender will cave in during the post-season push next February (optimistic)? Who would that be? Dallas (has Terry), Los Angeles (can't/won't get rid of Kobe), San Antonio (would never touch Monta), Memphis (has Rudy Gay, remember?), Miami (HAH!) and the Knicks (HAHAHAHA!) all have a pretty good reason to hang up the phone.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:19 pm
what a freakin horrible pick. This guy is JJ Reddick at best and even that's pushing it. All he is is a spot up shooter.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:40 pm
biggumt wrote:what a freakin horrible pick. This guy is JJ Reddick at best and even that's pushing it. All he is is a spot up shooter.

I'm thinking Michael Redd in his prime potential
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:09 pm
biggumt wrote:what a freakin horrible pick. This guy is JJ Reddick at best and even that's pushing it. All he is is a spot up shooter.

JJ Redick is undersized scoring guard in a point guards body

Least Klay Thompson has a bit of length to him & Jay Bilas scouting report said "Amazing feet, if he has the desire will be a great defender"
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:43 pm
A pretty good breakdown of Klay Thompson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plJG2gjZVWY

Seems to have pretty quick feet to stay in front of his man just like what Bilas said in the draft about his defense.
At the 5:40 mark
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 pm
23Warrior4Life wrote:A pretty good breakdown of Klay Thompson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plJG2gjZVWY

Seems to have pretty quick feet to stay in front of his man just like what Bilas said in the draft about his defense.
At the 5:40 mark

Welcome to the forum 23Warrior4Life. Hopefully Klay will be all the good things being said about him

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball