West hinting that Monta's on his way out?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 pm
He is boosting Monta's value. The more they say "we don't trade him" the more sure i am they will.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 pm
The Warriors are running out of options. The Sixers have pretty much passed on a trade with Ellis for Iguodala and will more than likely get Chris Kaman from the Clippers for Iggy. The Magic probably laughed their asses off when they offered Ellis, Biedrins and Udoh for Dwight Howard. But Orlando does remain a trade partner, although they have little assets aside from bench players. One of the Warriors main problems last season was a lack of depth so it wouldn't be a horrible idea.

If the Warriors can get Brandon Bass, Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson for Ellis, I'd do it. Bass gives them some toughness on the boards off the bench and Duhon is an excellent backup point guard that Curry doesn't play 40+ minutes a game. Duhon is also a solid defender and distributor.

Not sure how bad the Knicks want Jimmer Fredette, but it seems like its pretty bad. They're looking to move up ahead of the Jazz's 12th pick to get Fredette, but would they be willing to let go of Landry Fields? I'd offer the 11th pick for Landry Fields and the 17th pick. At #17, they have a chance at either Chris Singleton, Tyler Honeycutt or Jordan Hamilton to play the SF position. I prefer Singleton because of his defensive skills..

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Chris Duhon - Jeremy Lin
SG Landry Fields - Quentin Richardson
SF Chris Singleton - Dorell Wright
PF David Lee - Brandon Bass
C Ekpe Udoh - Andris Biedrins - Lou Amundson
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:32 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:If the Warriors can get Brandon Bass, Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson for Ellis, I'd do it.

Even Migya would laugh at this bullshit.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
BayAreaHoopz wrote:If the Warriors can get Brandon Bass, Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson for Ellis, I'd do it.

Lol. But seriously though, 3 backups for a starter? I know we need depth but you don't trade starters to fill up your bench.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:24 am
warchief wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

Lol. But seriously though, 3 backups for a starter? I know we need depth but you don't trade starters to fill up your bench.

I won't be so rather harsh, but yea, don't trade your biggest star for relative nothings.

Monta can definately be used to get a very good player or two. I'm still for making a trade with the Grizz for MGasol and Mayo, as Monta is from near Memphis

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:20 am
The only options that seams to be good for us , is trade him to Chicago for Deng + bench player (SG OR PG). We can then draft Thompson or Burks and a SG or PG in the second round. That lives about 8 - 9 milion in FA for a center.

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 pm
Chicago giving up Deng for Eliis doesn't make sense - this has been mentioned by some of the pundits, but it's been quickly rejected by everyone as well. IMO, no way this happens. Ellis for Iggy is the only move that make sense for both parties, but I still think that move unlikely... I think we keep Ellis, but we'll see what happens shortly.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 pm
Ellis for Iggy on Draft Day!

Book it!! haha

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:The Warriors are running out of options. The Sixers have pretty much passed on a trade with Ellis for Iguodala and will more than likely get Chris Kaman from the Clippers for Iggy. The Magic probably laughed their asses off when they offered Ellis, Biedrins and Udoh for Dwight Howard. But Orlando does remain a trade partner, although they have little assets aside from bench players. One of the Warriors main problems last season was a lack of depth so it wouldn't be a horrible idea.

If the Warriors can get Brandon Bass, Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson for Ellis, I'd do it. Bass gives them some toughness on the boards off the bench and Duhon is an excellent backup point guard that Curry doesn't play 40+ minutes a game. Duhon is also a solid defender and distributor.

Not sure how bad the Knicks want Jimmer Fredette, but it seems like its pretty bad. They're looking to move up ahead of the Jazz's 12th pick to get Fredette, but would they be willing to let go of Landry Fields? I'd offer the 11th pick for Landry Fields and the 17th pick. At #17, they have a chance at either Chris Singleton, Tyler Honeycutt or Jordan Hamilton to play the SF position. I prefer Singleton because of his defensive skills..

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Chris Duhon - Jeremy Lin
SG Landry Fields - Quentin Richardson
SF Chris Singleton - Dorell Wright
PF David Lee - Brandon Bass
C Ekpe Udoh - Andris Biedrins - Lou Amundson

Wow. There are (many) too-good-to be-true trade proposals. There are (few) realistic trade proposals. But then there is this proposal. It's sub-realist. You partially went Orlando fan on us.

But you sold it well. It's grounded in reality but imo not good enough for the warriors. More talent hopefully.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:12 am
I read that Curry draws much more interest for trades. Then i find this:

http://danielkamenetzky.blogspot.com/20 ... lysis.html

This is rather worrying. Means that all of the last season he was hurt more or less and that he will probably keeps hurting throwout his career until he looses much of his athleticism. How would you consider trading Curry and swift Monta inPG??.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:42 pm
TRON wrote:I read that Curry draws much more interest for trades. Then i find this:

http://danielkamenetzky.blogspot.com/20 ... lysis.html

This is rather worrying. Means that all of the last season he was hurt more or less and that he will probably keeps hurting throwout his career until he looses much of his athleticism. How would you consider trading Curry and swift Monta inPG??.

If this stuff is legit the Warriors need to pay this guy off to keep his mouth shut.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 pm
We keep hearing ideas on how to possibly move Ellis. I would rather see the team look to package and move David Lee. Is this even possible or is his contract just too prohibitive where no other team would pay him the remaining money on his inflated contract?

I like David Lee's offensive game; however, Lee provides no interior defense nor is much of an offensive nor defensive rebounder.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 pm
uptempo wrote:We keep hearing ideas on how to possibly move Ellis. I would rather see the team look to package and move David Lee. Is this even possible or is his contract just too prohibitive where no other team would pay him the remaining money on his inflated contract?

I like David Lee's offensive game; however, Lee provides no interior defense nor is much of an offensive nor defensive rebounder.

I want to move both Monta and Lee and think that the team could do so successfully while getting back much more complete players

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:38 am
IT started again... it was inevitable after that draft pick i guess, but the rumors are starting to go around that now Monta wants out and is demanding a Trade.

One possible destination i read was Lakers, trading him for Odom and Shannon Brown..... we'll see what happens.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:53 am
the morning of the day after the draft...

so i've slept on it, and the only way the klay thompson pick would make sense to me is if we traded stephen curry, who some believe has more stock value than monta ellis... here are my reasons...

1. my biggest concern is that if we trade ellis, we won't have the ability to get into the lane... one thing that monta can do that both thompson and curry isn't capable of is getting to the rim with ease and finishing in spectacular fashion...

2. if we kept curry and traded monta, i would assume that our scorers, in no particular scoring option order, would be curry, thompson, wright, and lee... ALL of those guys are jump shooters, and the days that the shots arent falling, we'd be doomed... i think we can all agree that points in the paint is one of the important keys/stat to winning a game outside of rebounding and opponent ppg

3. we should trade curry because it will solve the small backcourt issue of size because thompson is basically a taller stephen curry! we could slide monta to the 1, insert klay at the 2, and tadao.... no more small backcourt issue and we still have a lightsout shooter in thompson

4. i've already stated this earlier, but curry probably has more trade value than ellis.... if we could package andris with curry to make salaries work, maybe we could acquire a legitimate big man like andrew bynum or pau gasol with recent rumors suggesting they are available... would make sense to both sides since the lakers are crazily over the cap and have a big need at the pg position...

lineup?

monta
thompson
wright
lee
bynum

lakers:

curry
bryant
artest
gasol
whocares