Pos: PF/C
High cchool: San Diego High (San Diego)
Pro team: Tokyo (Japanese League)
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1QA28LIw4

He's no BIYUMMMMMMMBO

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 pm
At an absolute worse, this guy is a big body that can be used to boost Andris Biedrins' confidence. When was the last time Beans has had a big body to bang against in practice?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:39 pm
fine wrote:At an absolute worse, this guy is a big body that can be used to boost Andris Biedrins' confidence. When was the last time Beans has had a big body to bang against in practice?

I sure hope so! But I cringe when AB goes to the foul line...

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 pm
Still don't know what we gave up for this guy but I hope it is just someone like Monta Ellis and not a future draft pick.
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:00 pm
Sonic wrote:Still don't know what we gave up for this guy but I hope it is just someone like Monta Ellis and not a future draft pick.

I read that we bought this pick... so im assuming this will be one of those cash consideration deals
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:02 pm
Sonic wrote:Still don't know what we gave up for this guy but I hope it is just someone like Monta Ellis and not a future draft pick.

Couldn't be for Monta surely. A low 1st round pick would only be traded for using a bench player likely or another pick

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 pm
Watching some of the combine video on youtube and you can see this kid is overweight. In a drill with other bigs he was huffing and puffing the most. His fat% was measured at 15% at the combine so I def don't see this as a good sign. He has been working towards getting drafted for years (the hard way) and he can't show up to the combine in shape? Hopefully the coaching staff can work miracles.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:12 pm
This is low risk high reward pick. This kid seems like he already ruined his amatuer career, so maybe he has learned something at the young age of twenty. He has a prototypical NBA body. He can trim some fat but a 7'5 winspan at 6'11 260 is a great place to start.

We hired a rah-rah type of coach, so maybe this will be his strength... motivating guys who have potential.

If not we cut his ass? no big deal.
Play some D
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:01 pm
BigTron wrote:This is low risk high reward pick. This kid seems like he already ruined his amatuer career, so maybe he has learned something at the young age of twenty. He has a prototypical NBA body. He can trim some fat but a 7'5 winspan at 6'11 260 is a great place to start.

We hired a rah-rah type of coach, so maybe this will be his strength... motivating guys who have potential.

On ESPN they were saying that he has turned a corner with his attitude and approach to the game. That his failed attempt abroad in Israel and Japan have made him a bit more mature and humble. He was a highly recruited kid out of highschool, so he has potential to be a decent bench player. If not.. oh well. Not our money.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:12 am
We bought him for 2 mil. Great talent once, made bad decisions with his carrier. Had many problems with his mentality. He had a great idea for himself and couldn't accept that someone else could be just as talented as he was or better. That led him in unprofessional behaviors. Had the tendency not to turn back on defense if someone defended him successfully in the offense or when he believed he was fouled. Hopefully the big failures in Israel and Japan for crying out loud did make him mature. Everybody say that he was a top five draft pick in his time. Lot of talent. Could be the surprise of next year "whenever that will be" or we may never know why we gave 2 mil in the first place.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:21 am
BigTron wrote:This is low risk high reward pick. This kid seems like he already ruined his amatuer career, so maybe he has learned something at the young age of twenty. He has a prototypical NBA body. He can trim some fat but a 7'5 winspan at 6'11 260 is a great place to start.

Or trade him after any good preseason performances (if there is a preseason) in a package for a real good center. Safer that way if it is possible

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:40 am
demarcus cousins 2.0...

in mark jackon we trust *shrugs*
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:34 am
8th ave wrote:demarcus cousins 2.0...

in mark jackon we trust *shrugs*

We bought the damn pick. This was a great draft all around, don't understand the complaints.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:51 am
What to me is the BEST sign of our future is the outright purchase of Jeremy Tyler, the young head case, from Charlotte. Whether he pans out or not, the BIG DEAL about this move is the willingness of Lacob to $PEND DOLLAR$ for players. THAT’S very encouraging.

This was an interesting- if not exciting- draft for us in that we now have a decent depth in the backcourt. I think we can win ten games more just by improving our bench and these picks should help.

Now all we need is to get much better at the 3,4 and 5.

:-)

Yeah, I know it sounds familiar, but….

FREE AGENCY: here we come!!!
Aiming for a Warriors team as good as their fans.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:09 pm
Here is a good article on Tyler:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_18348123

From the sounds of it, he is different from Cousins in that he appears to have learned his leason.
Only time will tell, but he is still young, and he seems to have determination to prove his worth.
That alone is enough to have hope.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball