The official KLAY THOMPSON thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 pm
So we taken the guard out of Washington State with our first round pick.

Thoughts?
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:39 pm
jesus... where do i begin...

my big thing is drafting needs... if we have trouble keeping opponents from scoring, why not draft a defender? if we give up offensive rebounds and barely getting any at the same time, why not draft a rebounder? we're coming back with the same team next year + klay thompson; that's not going to help us win more games...

these are the players i would've preferred

chris singleton - just simply because he plays defense!

kawhi leonard - plays defense and rebounds really well at his position

vucevic - because we have andris biedrins

kenneth faried - because we need rebounding

i just dont understand what our plan is.......
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 pm
and yes i understand some of you feel like some of those picks might be reaches, but it really doesn't matter to me... those were the picks that would've helped, but instead, we got someone in the 1 area we're set at... SCORING
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:53 pm
Hopefully we got him so we can package him in with Monta for someone who will make a difference..
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 pm
well it's possible we LOSE scoring if Monta is traded. so that would need to be replaced somewhat.

what I see going down is a Monta for Iggy deal, which means you'll lose a little bit of scoring but gain in everything else.

Curry
Iggy
D Wright
D Lee
Udoh / Biedrins

...and if Klay Thompson turns into something special, you could move him to the 2 and Iggy to 3 and D Wright 6th man. I like the pick first cuz I think Klay will be in the rotation, and second because it gives us some options and flexibility in dealing with Monta.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:10 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:Hopefully we got him so we can package him in with Monta for someone who will make a difference..

By drafting the best player available or close to it, you can get more trading him, which might be the best thing to do now, either in a package or not. This draft pick has value. just not so much to our team, but others he could be

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:26 pm
I think this pick solidifies Monta being traded ... hopefully for Iggy.

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF Iguodala
PF Lee
C Udoh

go from having one of the shortest back courts to one of the tallest ... defense would be improved and we could bring D-Wright off the bench as our 6th man. **** would be lovely.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:45 pm
Beast Mode wrote:I think this pick solidifies Monta being traded ... hopefully for Iggy.

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF Iguodala
PF Lee
C Udoh

go from having one of the shortest back courts to one of the tallest ... defense would be improved and we could bring D-Wright off the bench as our 6th man. **** would be lovely.

Weak as hell with the bigs. Monta must be traded for a good Center

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:05 pm
migya wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:I think this pick solidifies Monta being traded ... hopefully for Iggy.

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF Iguodala
PF Lee
C Udoh

You keep saying this but no team is going to trade a good Center for a undersized 2 guard so get over it. And don't mention Gasol, he is far more valuable than Ellis.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:42 pm
Would of prefer Leonard but if the Logo signed off on the pick who am I to say otherwise. Plus, call it a gut feeling but I do believe that our roster will go through some changes and that either Monta or Curry will be gone.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
migya wrote:

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF Iguodala
PF Lee
C Udoh

You keep saying this but no team is going to trade a good Center for a undersized 2 guard so get over it. And don't mention Gasol, he is far more valuable than Ellis.

Monta is not just an average 2 guard now is he. Pretty good the last year I think

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 pm
I think the Warriors did great. They added size and depth to the small SG/PG positions. And im thinking Klay could also play SF with the right matchup if he can throw on just a few pounds of muscle. We have much more flexibility everywhere but PF/C now.

Yes we had bigger needs but I think we went with the best players on the board. I didnt see a low post player that was going to realistically play as much as these guys can. Both are NBA ready too. Klay especially... just my two cents.
Play some D
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:03 am
Passing on Leonard means a trade is imminent. Thompson is West's pick and he is really hi on him so don't expect to be traded. I hope that we trade Monta for Deng. That would make sense then. Otherwise i don't know.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:18 am
TRON wrote:Passing on Leonard means a trade is imminent. Thompson is West's pick and he is really hi on him so don't expect to be traded. I hope that we trade Monta for Deng. That would make sense then. Otherwise i don't know.

Dend isn't worth Monta. Would make some sense as Deng is a SF, but they have to use Monta to get a good center

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:43 am
i like the pick, hes prob the best player in the draft this year, is there a way that we keep monta and just sign a free angent center? like Samuel Dalembert, or nene.

i woudnt mind give monta another chance, since he got that gsw logo tattoo on his back. if he can reset himself into a pass 1st player hes going to be good since he can draw 2 defenders on him. hopefully jerry or the coach can make him more mature.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball