Warriors to draft #11 - OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 pm
There are no legit anythings in this draft, let alone many drafts. I was never saying that there is a pro-ready center in this draft, but you can't ever have a pro-like center if you never take the time to develop one in the first place. Does everyone forget that we were probably the worst rebounding team in the league last year?
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Annapoilis, MD
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm
WarriorHawk87 wrote:There are no legit anythings in this draft, let alone many drafts. I was never saying that there is a pro-ready center in this draft, but you can't ever have a pro-like center if you never take the time to develop one in the first place. Does everyone forget that we were probably the worst rebounding team in the league last year?


Jeremy Tyler 6'11 260 with a 7'5 wingspan with a hand at the end of it waving at you says hello, I was drafted today. I am a developmental Center...

I think we played it safe and drafted Value over need to a degree. But maybe we liked the guy we got from the Bobcats rather than the 1st round C's that were not all that impressive.

Dickey V said the Warriors got a steal and the most NBA ready guy in Klay.
Play some D

Rookie
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 pm
BigTron wrote:
WarriorHawk87 wrote:There are no legit anythings in this draft, let alone many drafts. I was never saying that there is a pro-ready center in this draft, but you can't ever have a pro-like center if you never take the time to develop one in the first place. Does everyone forget that we were probably the worst rebounding team in the league last year?


Jeremy Tyler 6'11 260 with a 7'5 wingspan with a hand at the end of it waving at you says hello, I was drafted today. I am a developmental Center...

I think we played it safe and drafted Value over need to a degree. But maybe we liked the guy we got from the Bobcats rather than the 1st round C's that were not all that impressive.

Dickey V said the Warriors got a steal and the most NBA ready guy in Klay.


I was talking in reference to an earlier post before the Warriors went after Tyler, but still, I think this guy is still a couple years away from contributing a lot.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 am
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:46 am
richtek9 wrote:This draft from the Warriors is making way too much sense to me. Who are these mysterious people running the show.


hahahaha, these mysterious and mystical people are people who actually have a clue of how to run a basketball team. a concept so foreign to us in warriorland after witnessing an inept FO for so long. basketball decisions that actually make sense? what is this crazy shi* you speak of?! lol

I think this is one of the the best GSW drafts in recent memory (landing S. Curry @ #7 was a no-brainer so it didn't take a lot of skill to make that pick). I think Klay Thompson was a solid pick, but also the 2nd rounders were good. both Jenkins and Tyler were projected several spots higher.

compared Jeremy Tyler's draft profile w/Dwight Howard's. on an athletic/physical level, a lot of similarities...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dwight-Howard-2888/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeremy-Tyler-1327/
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 am
rockyBeli wrote:
richtek9 wrote:This draft from the Warriors is making way too much sense to me. Who are these mysterious people running the show.


hahahaha, these mysterious and mystical people are people who actually have a clue of how to run a basketball team. a concept so foreign to us in warriorland after witnessing an inept FO for so long. basketball decisions that actually make sense? what is this crazy shi* you speak of?! lol

I think this is one of the the best GSW drafts in recent memory (landing S. Curry @ #7 was a no-brainer so it didn't take a lot of skill to make that pick). I think Klay Thompson was a solid pick, but also the 2nd rounders were good. both Jenkins and Tyler were projected several spots higher.

compared Jeremy Tyler's draft profile w/Dwight Howard's. on an athletic/physical level, a lot of similarities...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dwight-Howard-2888/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeremy-Tyler-1327/


if don nelson and riley ran this draft we would've torched them... we'd be baffled, wondering why the hell we need more combo guards and iffy big men.... not me though... im equally critical of jerry west and the rest of the front office... we're not done yet, but as of now and only considering the draft, i'm very skeptical to say the least... so here i am, waiting for us to trade monta or curry... if we go into the 2011 season with all 3, i'd be fukken pissed
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Annapoilis, MD
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:51 am
Apparently San Antonio was really high on Klay too. Thats a good sign. They nail the draft usually.
Play some D
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 am
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:42 am
8th ave wrote:
if don nelson and riley ran this draft we would've torched them... we'd be baffled, wondering why the hell we need more combo guards and iffy big men.... not me though... im equally critical of jerry west and the rest of the front office... we're not done yet, but as of now and only considering the draft, i'm very skeptical to say the least... so here i am, waiting for us to trade monta or curry... if we go into the 2011 season with all 3, i'd be fukken pissed



right you are, but don't you think West deserves some benefit of the doubt. it's good overall draft imo. Cohan Nelson and Co. would've never spent the $2mil for J.Tyler or taken that chance, they would've been the ones selling the pick.
Klay Thompson was a solid pick, they got depth, flexibility, and the best player available. who should they have gone for, if not Klay? the one position in desperate need is center, but the next best C - Donatas Motiejunas - wasn't drafted til #20. that would've been a stretch, even though I think he'll have a decent career.

Rookie
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:28 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:57 am
BigTron wrote:I really liked what the Warriors did today.

Added some size in Klay to back-up Monte and maybe even play some SF. Most talking heads say he is one of the two or three most NBA ready guys. Just needs to add some bulk and learn the ropes.

They added a back-up PG/SG who all the analysts said should have been a 1st rounder. He also has some decent size at 222Lbs and a little over 6'3". As much as Curry hurt his ankes last year, this might look better down the road if he works out.

Then they took a gamble on a guy who has a legit NBA bigmans frame. He is young, naive, raw, but he isnt a 1st round pick. He is a low risk high reward type of gamble. Mark Jackson go earn your money.

Complaining about not landing a big man is pointless? Who did land a legit center? Anyone?

There are like 5 in NBA and none in this draft...


AMEN! I couldn't agree with you more I'm lovin the way this is turning out, just don't trade Monta !

8th ave wrote:if don nelson and riley ran this draft we would've torched them... we'd be baffled, wondering why the hell we need more combo guards and iffy big men.... not me though... im equally critical of jerry west and the rest of the front office... we're not done yet, but as of now and only considering the draft, i'm very skeptical to say the least... so here i am, waiting for us to trade monta or curry... if we go into the 2011 season with all 3, i'd be fukken pissed


I hope the opposite, I hope they keep all three. one of our biggest problems was that we didn't have any depth out of the Guard position. giving Monta some help will only increase his effectiveness especially on the defensive side of the ball, Matt Steinmetz is going to eat his words when he finds out Klay Thompson can play defense.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 pm
Here's a Draft Review of Warriors, from NBA.com:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/draft ... w_gsw.nba/
Image
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:25 pm
Ordered the new draft day t-shirt..looks sweet!

Image
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:37 pm
It looks amazing! Well, white and blue look a lot better than blue and yellow. Especially when they show that blue as a lot lighter, and yellow look occasionally as a lime yellow, or something like that. Dark blue and darker yellow, closer to orange, look a lot better in my opinion.
Image
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:24 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:46 pm
Yes it does! Although I was thinking it looks a little Mavs'ish..but still cool in my opinion!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21443
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:56 pm
Sweet looking shirt!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:28 am
When I already mentioned my dislike of some color patterns, I just wanna show an example, cause I wasn't really clear in my previous post. :)

So, this is the logo how it should be, with colors that look great, in my opinion:
Image


And this is the lighter version, I think that sometimes it looks even lighter than on this picture I found:
Image
In NBA 2K11 they use this color pattern, even on jerseys, and I really don't like that. I don't know how hard it can be to use the real blue and yellow combinations, it's obvious on the Warriors' site and on the jerseys that it's not this light. I know I shouldn't be pissed about it, but still...
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:12 am
Guybrush wrote:It looks amazing! Well, white and blue look a lot better than blue and yellow. Especially when they show that blue as a lot lighter, and yellow look occasionally as a lime yellow, or something like that. Dark blue and darker yellow, closer to orange, look a lot better in my opinion.


can't be jacking the Grizzlies swag
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron