Some troubling news in Warriors land

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 am
JREED wrote: ...I know that's it's waaaaaay too early to judge Marc, but as a 9er fan, I'm worried that the Warriors made the same mistake - they fell in love with the guy as a personality instead of a HC that will help the team win games.

I see your analogy; it makes sense. I do give Lacob, Guber and Co. more credit in making coaching decisions than I give to the Yorks.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:56 am
uptempo wrote:
JREED wrote: ...I know that's it's waaaaaay too early to judge Marc, but as a 9er fan, I'm worried that the Warriors made the same mistake - they fell in love with the guy as a personality instead of a HC that will help the team win games.

I see your analogy; it makes sense. I do give Lacob, Guber and Co. more credit in making coaching decisions than I give to the Yorks.

I do as well, but it is still early for both, 9er and dub owners, and I can see them both trending in reverse directions - now and in the near future; Jed and Co. impressed a lot of people (9er fans and throughout the league) with the Harbaugh hire and some other recent dealings to change the downward-trending image that people have of him. While Lacob and Co. started out strong by firing all of the right people and bringing in highly regarded NBA personalities (West + Myers), but at least plateaued in the eyes of many with the hiring of Jackson and now the hiring of his son is certainly going to cause a decline in faith that the fans have for this group.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 pm
JREED wrote:
uptempo wrote:

I do as well, but it is still early for both, 9er and dub owners, and I can see them both trending in reverse directions - now and in the near future; Jed and Co. impressed a lot of people (9er fans and throughout the league) with the Harbaugh hire and some other recent dealings to change the downward-trending image that people have of him. While Lacob and Co. started out strong by firing all of the right people and bringing in highly regarded NBA personalities (West + Myers), but at least plateaued in the eyes of many with the hiring of Jackson and now the hiring of his son is certainly going to cause a decline in faith that the fans have for this group.

I was actually quite disappointed at the very beginning of their tenure with how the new Warrior ownership group did not come in and immediately make sweeping changes (front office, coach, roster); however, from their perspective, they might have wanted 1 season to fully evaluate the franchise.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Go Warriors!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:28 pm
JREED wrote:
uptempo wrote:

The niners will be lucky to win 5 games this season with Alex Smith at qb and their subpar secondary. Yes, Jim Harbaugh may, indeed, be a good hire, we should remember that it is organizations, not coaches, which win championships, and that niner organization is possibly the worst if professional football.

The Warrior ownership group has put together a better front office, brought in possibly the best NBA front office person (minority owner/consultant: Jerry West) since Red Auerbach; a very wired soon-to-become-GM; and a fresh face to coach this team. Now the big question mark for this team will be how this group will attempt to upgrade the roster and fill it with guys who can play defense, rebound, and don't turn the ball over on offense (anti-Nelson/Mullin players).
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball