BIYOMBOOOOO!!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:52 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:I think that if he is available at our pick, we need to pick him....too much to let pass by

Don't forget Patrick O'bryant :wink: :oops:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:13 pm
migya wrote:
LilBallerx8 wrote:I think that if he is available at our pick, we need to pick him....too much to let pass by

interesting.... are you saying that o'bryant is a similar player to biyombo?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:42 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:

Very big, a Center, reeks of bust - YES

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:46 pm
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:

lol.. wow... okay... so whoevers "very big" and a "center" is gonna be a bust? c'mon dude...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:16 am
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:

lol.. wow... okay... so whoevers "very big" and a "center" is gonna be a bust? c'mon dude...

No, whoever is big, a Center (just big really) and doesn't have much basketball skill, as this guy doesn't as he just blocks some shots and can't play offesively = BUST and DON'T DRAFT

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:19 am
TRON wrote:1. PF with Lee and Udoh is the only position we don't need a player
2. With him on the floor we will always be 4 against 5 on offense. I have seen it in a couple of teams and it s not pretty. The pressure on the 4 players is unbelievable and is really stupid to see a guy that no one bothers to guard standing there all alone until he get's in dunking range.
3. No more Foyle players for this team.
4. To many needs in other positions with real issues to draft a PF.
5. No need to quit on Udoh. Same defense with Biyambboooo with a lot greater Offensive skills.
6. We already have a big mouth giving promises in Jackson.
7. Too many reason's not to bother with this great question mark that is called Biyambo or whatever.

+1 for most of this...

what's funny about players like Biyombo is that if he were 5'11 or 6'2 or something, he'd probably be a scrub lol. just makes me more in awe of Dirk Nowitzki for the stuff that guy is able to do at 7ft. I think there's some quality SG / SF that will be available at the 11 spot, wouldn't mind seeing the W's go that route. someone like Alec Burks or Marshon Brooks. going for one of these guys at best makes Ellis very expendable or at worst probably decent SG / SF bench depth.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:27 pm
Biyombo isn't gonna happen. We have so many needs and this guy wont be ready to play any meaningful minutes for at least a year or two or three.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:33 pm
Biyombo is not going to be on the Warriors roster because he is a major project. Lacob and Mark Jackson made bold statements they are going to the playoffs so they will draft player who can contribute to the team in a positive way ASAP( by asap I mean the player with the best chance to help Warriors to the playoffs next season that they are going to play B ball). I just don't see Lacob and Jackson having the patients to develop projects nor do they have the coaches to do it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 am
fullmetalx wrote:Biyombo is not going to be on the Warriors roster because he is a major project. Lacob and Mark Jackson made bold statements they are going to the playoffs so they will draft player who can contribute to the team in a positive way ASAP( by asap I mean the player with the best chance to help Warriors to the playoffs next season that they are going to play B ball). I just don't see Lacob and Jackson having the patients to develop projects nor do they have the coaches to do it.

Agreed, no more projects in order for any success

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 am
Well, if they want to reach the playoffs next season, sure bet would be to get Dwight Howard. :)
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:21 am
Sorry, I didn't know what topic to post this in, but this guy looks like everything we'd have wanted from Bismack, but WORLDS ahead of him as far as understanding basketball goes. This guy reminds me of David Robinson (maybe because of the hair). He is an excellent man defender and pretty much a one man zone (if he can add some weight) with his timing and ability to block shots with both hands. He also chases down his own blocks and stars fast breaks rather than blocking them into the stands. Plus he has a few offensive moves to go with a developing offensive game, and is already an above-average passer for a C. Recently got a triple double with 12 blocks in the Nike Hoop Jam while being matched up against a 7'4 330 lb Center. Hopefully our FO is already scouting him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggE9Xaw6n8&feature=player_embedded

Not on topic really, but it's slow days for basketball news recently. And this guy looks like he could be the next big thing at the C in the NBA. With Drummond also coming out within the next 2 years too, there is some major talent at C, and we should be trying to acquire picks.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:55 pm
I really like the guy. Looks amazing on defense, and his offense is not that bad as well. A lot to work on, but has a great body, athletic guy...he could be a really quality player in the NBA.

If there are some guys here who watch a lot of NCAA or even high school basketball, maybe you could open a thread where we could follow these younger guys, and prospects. Just when you see someone playing good, post a link like this to youtube, or whatever, so other people could get informed a bit more. And we could pile quite a lot of names by the time the next draft begins, and we would be prepared as close as our FO is. ::razz:
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball