The San Fransisco Giants Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm
WTF Tejada!?!!?11??/ Can't believe he swung at that pitch, first off your an idiot for swinging at any 1st pitch ankle high but the real mistake was swinging at any pitch!! You must be paying attention someone what to the game because you have to know when to walk your dumbass up to the batter's box so how did you miss the fact that the pitcher just issued free two free passes to 1st base and one of them forced in a run!?!?!?! I admit that I was 110% wrong about the Tejada acquisition - I thought that he'd be a slight upgrade from Uribe or at least about equal, but he is complete grabage thus far. Better turn it around or Boch will be forced to start Fontenot at SS who isn't even a freaking SS!!!

What are we going to do with Huff in RF? It looks pretty obvious that he wont be good enough to get the job done. With Brandon Belt's (<3) surge into the order, it's more likely he'll be competing for NL ROY than a seat on the bench, leaving 1B occupied. I suppose moving Huff to LF when Ross is healthy makes the most sense but I'd hate to loose Burrel's bat... Crazy how we were so good on D last year and so terrible thus far - I know pitching has a lot to do with it but these plays that we are drawing errors from are stupid, routine plays.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm
Tejada with a walk-off yesterday. So at least he's done one good thing.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:14 am
Rowand and the Panda have been playing good these first couple weeks... lets keep this up Giants!

and keep losing boston!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:05 pm
Yeah, i was pretty down on Tejada to start the season, but I'd rather have is bat right now then Uribe who is garbage at the plate thus far. Panda looks like he is going to have a bounce back year in a big way. Last night's game was great.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:48 am
Panda has been playing well... and Rowand is continuing to having a great start (its a contract year, go figure).

Lets hope for the sweep tonight.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 pm
Nice win last night and we should be getting Ross back in a day or two - he went 1-3 with a double and two walks yesterday in AAA Fresno. Taking this series against the rockies will be huge and I'll be in the bay this weekend Fri-Mon for the Braves series!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:15 am
JREED wrote:Nice win last night and we should be getting Ross back in a day or two - he went 1-3 with a double and two walks yesterday in AAA Fresno. Taking this series against the rockies will be huge and I'll be in the bay this weekend Fri-Mon for the Braves series!

They got Ubaldo Jimenez early, and Panda did his thing... another good win.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:23 am
Ford gets as much credit for that Huff homer as Huff - he was all in that pitcher's head.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:51 am
Cmon Giants... win this one.... we need this losing vibe to end NOW!
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:29 pm
How bout them Giants! Three walk-offs in four games, living dangerously but winning games. Nice to see Ross putting it together, Torres back out there, our pitching return to dominance and Tejada riding the bench. Only .5 game back, although I kind of hope we don't take it until after the All Star break to keep us hungry.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:54 pm
Worst inning for the Giants in years - 8 runs posted by the Twins in the top of the first against Mad Bum... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 5 game loosing streak and 2nd place in the division - here we come!!! Season was close to being over when we lost Posey and didn't move on Jose Reyes - now that we'll be lucky to get Freddy back this season it's really over.

The Reyes thing really hurts because SS is our biggest need position and he is the hottest SS on the planet right now. It could have happened when Sanchez was pitching a little better and Reyes hadn't heated up yet. Now that Sanchez is pitching like shiit we'll never be able to make this move... We'll likely still win the division, but we stand no chance in the post season unless we make a big move... or two...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 pm
JREED wrote:Worst inning for the Giants in years - 8 runs posted by the Twins in the top of the first against Mad Bum... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 5 game loosing streak and 2nd place in the division - here we come!!! Season was close to being over when we lost Posey and didn't move on Jose Reyes - now that we'll be lucky to get Freddy back this season it's really over.

The Reyes thing really hurts because SS is our biggest need position and he is the hottest SS on the planet right now. It could have happened when Sanchez was pitching a little better and Reyes hadn't heated up yet. Now that Sanchez is pitching like shiit we'll never be able to make this move... We'll likely still win the division, but we stand no chance in the post season unless we make a big move... or two...

yeah, that inning was a bummer. KNowing the game is ruined in the first kinda makes you want a refund.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:42 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
yeah, that inning was a bummer. KNowing the game is ruined in the first kinda makes you want a refund.

Kind of like being a Raider/Niner fan and watching Jamarcus or Alex Smith throw a pick 6 on the opening drive..

Maybe not quite like that... but 8 runs in the 1st inning.. Not only as a fan would it be brutal.. but that pitchers going to have nightmares... what's his name Bumdinger or something?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:14 am
PAWNO wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Kind of like being a Raider/Niner fan and watching Jamarcus or Alex Smith throw a pick 6 on the opening drive..

Maybe not quite like that... but 8 runs in the 1st inning.. Not only as a fan would it be brutal.. but that pitchers going to have nightmares... what's his name Bumdinger or something?

More like a pick 6, followed by a fumbled kick off in the endzone for a TD, then another 1-2 disastrous TOs + TDs and your best player being injured and unable to return to the game.

Bumgarnder is actually a very good young pitcher, that start was unlike him.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am
Giants got Carlos Betran from the Mets - could be a big pickup.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board