More Housecleaning...Rowell Gone

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:04 pm
Yes!!!!

I had advocated that this team should have done this years ago on this very board. Twardzik, Saint Jean, Mullin, Rowell (Riley soon, too); all LOSERS with no proven track records and no upside potential; yet, Cohan hired and kept these guys around.

This ownership group now has a top notch basketball mind in its group (Jerry West); a young, energetic, and connected future-GM-in-the-making (Bob Myers); and a new head coach who was hired by the new ownership group and its front office to implement its strategic plan.

Warrior fans, we finally have a real chance to see this franchise become something solid.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... -colossus/

Warriors part ways with Robert Rowell, thus ending the reign of the colossus
POSTED BY TIM KAWAKAMI ON JUNE 21ST, 2011 AT 4:54 PM | CATEGORIZED AS NBA, WARRIORS

The Warriors dropped some big news today. Good way to derail all that Monta Ellis trade talk. I’m kidding!

Robert Rowell, former team colossus, is out.

I’ll get this up quickly, obviously with more to come.

-Here’s Rowell’s 25 fire-able offenses, from almost two years ago.

-Here’s the official release…

WARRIORS AND PRESIDENT ROBERT ROWELL MUTUALLY AGREE TO PART WAYS
Joe Lacob Praises Top Executive Upon His Departure; Search For Replacement Begins Immediately

OAKLAND, CA – Joe Lacob, co-Executive Chairman and CEO of the Golden State Warriors, announced today that President Robert Rowell has elected to step down from his position as top executive of the club’s business operations to pursue other business endeavors.

The 2010-11 NBA season marked Rowell’s eighth season as the team’s president, and 16th overall with the NBA franchise. As part of the mutual agreement Rowell will remain on an interim basis to assist Lacob and co-owner Peter Guber in their transition, as an executive search for his replacement will begin immediately.

“Peter and I felt that this was really the right time to mutually come to this decision,” Lacob said. “Bob Rowell has done a good job running the business side of this organization for many years.

“He has been extremely professional and diligent since the first day that we met him in the acquisition process. We spent a lot of time evaluating this decision and believe that now is the appropriate time for the new ownership team to put our complete stamp on the entire organization.

I want to personally thank Bob for 16 years of commitment to this organization. We believe that previous ownership really put him in a publicly challenging position over the past few years and I have a great deal of respect for how he has conducted himself as a professional.”

“I am thankful for the opportunity to have worked with the best, brightest and most dedicated staff in professional sports,” Rowell said. “Together we were able to achieve many of our business objectives and goals, and laid the framework for some of the future success of this franchise.

I also want to thank the many great Warriors fans, as well as the many Bay Area business and community partners, for their unconditional support of Warriors Basketball.

I wish Joe and Peter all the best in their quest to raise the next banner at Oracle Arena, and know that great things lay ahead for this franchise under their commitment and leadership.”
Last edited by uptempo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm
Had to request a new password just so I could sign in just so I could make a post about just the best news the Warriors have had since just about ever.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:20 pm
fine wrote:Had to request a new password just so I could sign in just so I could make a post about just the best news the Warriors have had since just about ever.

welcome back Diqhead :-)

yeah great news... Rowell was the bum that forced Baron out of town and paid Sjax money way over market value.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:43 pm
Damn right! About time! He wore out his welcome a long time ago!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:44 pm
fine wrote:Had to request a new password just so I could sign in just so I could make a post about just the best news the Warriors have had since just about ever.

LOL it is a great day indeed.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:41 pm
3 down 1 to go - could basically consider 4 down since Riley's days were numbers a while ago. All of the Lacob/Gruber haters from last season can now insert foot in mouth - I couldn't stand it when everyone was ready to write them off because they didn't come in and fire every one down to the janitor, trade for the Western All-Star roster and make every other premature, rash decision everyone wanted on the eve of the regular season and after they just spent more money on this team than any other NBA team in history.

:bday:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:44 pm
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thank you new owners!! the Cohan / Rowell / Nelson monster is finally slayed. bout freakn time Rowell is out..

Rowell parting quote:

"Together we were able to achieve many of our business objectives and goals"

aka the goal of screwing the fans by only trying to provide "a great time out" and nothing more. so glad that weasel is finally out of the Oracle
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:13 pm
Great ews and now Riley to go

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 am
This is kind of news that every fan of the Warriors likes. No one will be opposed. And finally that story is over. I'm wondering what will they do with Riley.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:15 am
Alleluia.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:54 pm
PAWNO wrote:

That's one ugly mofo in your sig. Who is it?

And I've been here all along. It's just that someone changed my password sometime ago and I've been too lazy to set a new one. I figure it was one of the mods who got their asses beat in fantasy basketball this past season.

Or I just forgot my own password.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 pm
fine wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

And I've been here all along. It's just that someone changed my password sometime ago and I've been too lazy to set a new one. I figure it was one of the mods who got their asses beat in fantasy basketball this past season.

thanks for the reminder bro... Lost a bet to jreed last year and the sig was suppose to expire on the night of the superbowl.

Its just ive had my signitures turned off since forever since back when bigstrads use to have his bandwidth busting '15 minutes of fame' signiture.

As for forgetting passwords... Lay off the kush cuz.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 am
PAWNO wrote:
fine wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

thanks for the reminder bro... Lost a bet to jreed last year and the sig was suppose to expire on the night of the superbowl.

Its just ive had my signitures turned off since forever since back when bigstrads use to have his bandwidth busting '15 minutes of fame' signiture.

As for forgetting passwords... Lay off the kush cuz.

Yeah it's actually a pic from Pawno's facebook profile + a little bit of photoshop magic on to a pic of a random 9er fan. I was taking advantage of the fact that he had sigs turned off and has left it up there for so long - WHY did you remind him?!?!

Return to Warriors Basketball