Howard: Magic Didn't Properly Use Arenas

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:40 am
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214187/Howard_Magic_Didnt_Properly_Use_Arenas

Howard: Magic Didn't Properly Use Arenas
Jun 19, 2011 2:03 PM EDT

Dwight Howard had some praise Saturday for teammate Gilbert Arenas and was critical of the use the coaching staff made of him in Orlando.

“I don’t think our coach used him the right way, but I think he can do a lot of great things for our team,” Howard said. “He promised me this summer he was going to get better, physically and mentally, so he can come back and have an awesome year. I’m looking forward to that.

“I just felt like he didn’t get the opportunity to play his style but also play with me. I think he needed to. I think he got a couple of opportunities to do it in the playoffs, but it was kind of too late. So I think he will be great for us.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... z1Po85W534

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Really think Arenas lack of caring anymore was the biggest reason he hasn't been that good there in Orlando, but maybe Dwight is a little bit correct.

If Arenas could even be 2/3 of what he was a few years ago, the Magic would definately be a top 4 team and pushing for that championship

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:55 am
Only a matter of time before he jets from Orlando. They have no room to make any moves and their contracts are HORRENDOUS.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:19 am
Think if they go real far in the playoffs next season Dwight will stay there, but they'll have to convince him

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum