2011 2nd round draft pick

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:02 pm
so i've been keeping up with prospects and the draft nonstop and i got a few players i think would help this team...

jordan williams - he rebounds well on both side of floor, but more noticeably on the offensive end which any team could use... he also has great size and is pretty good on the low block offensively...if he falls to us in the 2nd round i'd love to have him... everybody knows we need depth at the 5

jimmy butler - he has a GREAT attitude and prides himself on defense... he doesn't have 1 thing that he particularly well, but collectively he's an all around player... people have compared him to landry fields, a player who we could desperately use....
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:58 pm
Both of those guys would be very good pickups in the 2nd round. Another guy I like in the 2nd is Darrius Morris from Michigan. The guy showed much improvement in his second year and could be a great backup guard to run with either Monta or Curry. He has good size at 6'4-6'5, and is more of a pure PG (highest assist rate for an player in the draft). He could allow both Monta or Curry to play off-ball more to save their energy, and has the size to guard SG's.

His biggest weakness is his perimeter shooting, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem on this team.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:50 pm
Not sure Darius Morris will be a second rounder. I have him going in the late lottery to mid-first round. Scouts are comparing him to Andre Miller. Keith Benson, a 7 foot center from Oakland University is intriguing. I also like Jon Leuer if he slips.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 pm
I think it depends who we get at 11, but assuming we go with the best available at 11, then we will probably end up with a wing... Marcus Morris, Alec Burks or Chris Singleton. Then for the second round pick to big.. Keth Benson, or Greg Monroe.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 pm
Greg Monroe? I'm sure you had someone else in mind. :)
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:22 pm
Guybrush wrote:Greg Monroe? I'm sure you had someone else in mind. :)

Greg Smith.. sorry.
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/greg-smith
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:09 pm
KYLE SINGLER :D
~LilBallerx~

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:04 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Not sure Darius Morris will be a second rounder. I have him going in the late lottery to mid-first round. Scouts are comparing him to Andre Miller. Keith Benson, a 7 foot center from Oakland University is intriguing. I also like Jon Leuer if he slips.

If Morris has been rising like you say he has, I wouldn't mind trading for Minnesota's #20 pick. They are not looking to add a bunch of young players this offseason, so maybe we can work a deal around Reggie or try buying the pick from them. Morris would be a great compliment to our backcourt. Adding a 4th guard who just focuses on defense would round out a solid guard rotation.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:53 am
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2011 ... ler-110618

great story on jimmy butler... in all seriousness, i don't want him because i pity him... i want him because of what he brings to the table and thats hard work and defense.... i hope we pick this kid up
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Return to Warriors Basketball