Nelson's dream team

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:39 am
Last night i had the craziest thought. I imagined that i was in Nelson's shoes and i started lol. He must be cursing the day the Warriors ever changed owners. Why?.
1. If they had the same owners he would still be coach.
2. He would draft Jimmer on the spot and make his dream team.
PG Curry
SG Fredette
SF Ellis
PF Wright
C Lee
A team that could easily have 115 - 120 PPG offense.
He must be really pissed off.
Thank god we did change owners.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:05 am
Yeah, this team could score 115 a night... and also give up 130.

Jimmer is a gifted offensive player, but is just terrible at defense. I saw him play in college a lot, due to ESPN having him on the air and SDSU (my alum) playing them 3 times. He was too weak when another guard tried to post up on him, he couldnt get his feet correctly positioned when he was on the perimeter, and he struggled when he was asked to switch players while defending. However his shooting range is off the charts.

Rookie
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 pm
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:23 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Yeah, this team could score 115 a night... and also give up 130.

Jimmer is a gifted offensive player, but is just terrible at defense. I saw him play in college a lot, due to ESPN having him on the air and SDSU (my alum) playing them 3 times. He was too weak when another guard tried to post up on him, he couldnt get his feet correctly positioned when he was on the perimeter, and he struggled when he was asked to switch players while defending. However his shooting range is off the charts.

Yea he will be instant scorer off the bench basically a bench player. Unless he surrounded by defensive stopper in the front court and the back court than he can be in the starting lineup or the team really sucks.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:33 pm
I think the whole "Jimmer Fredette is a horrible defender" isn't really accurate. Coach Rose protected him from getting into foul trouble so there was a lot of help defense played. Fredette was their main weapon and he couldn't afford to have him off the floor so he played very loose defense. During his high school days, he was known to be a hard-nosed kid that played d.

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 am
The perfect team for Don Nelson to coach would be the Miami Heat.

They are the following:

1. Athletic
2. Can score off the dribble
3. Play good 1-on-1 offense
4. Have no legitimate center
5. Do not play good perimeter nor interior defense

If only Pat Riley would become an older version of Chris Mullin, then the Miami Heat could hire Don Nelson.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 8:26 pm
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 pm
.. the HEAT don't play good perimeter or interior defense... ?!?!?1
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:56 pm
Nelson's Dream Team:


PG: Steve Nash
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Steph Curry
PF: Monta ellis
C: Dwyane Wade
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:15 pm
mik0 wrote:.. the HEAT don't play good perimeter or interior defense... ?!?!?1

:shock:
Beast Mode wrote:Nelson's Dream Team:


PG: Steve Nash
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Steph Curry
PF: Monta ellis
C: Dwyane Wade
First team to:

    Sell out every game and finish with less than 20 wins
    Score over 150 pts a game
    Surrender over 150 pts a game
    Acquire the majority of points beyond the 3-pt line
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:34 pm
JREED wrote:
mik0 wrote:.. the HEAT don't play good perimeter or interior defense... ?!?!?1

:shock:
Beast Mode wrote:Nelson's Dream Team:


PG: Steve Nash
SG: Allen Iverson
SF: Steph Curry
PF: Monta ellis
C: Dwyane Wade
First team to:

    Sell out every game and finish with less than 20 wins
    Score over 150 pts a game
    Surrender over 150 pts a game
    Acquire the majority of points beyond the 3-pt line




Agreed
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron