BIYOMBOOOOO!!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:The Heat made it there despite Joel Anthony. Yes re plays a good role, but that's all he is, is a role player. And when you have 2 of the best perimeter defenders who are allowed more contact funneling guys into you, you will look better. It doesn't change the fact that they ranged between mediocre and terrible in half court offense. Also The Mavs failed to win because they had C's that did nothing on offense or defense. Chandler was an upgrade on both sides of the floor to Dampier.

Look I love Biyombo's tenacity, athleticism and size, I just don't think he will be able to play much more than 10 minutes a game. He will be playing in a different league, with different rules, especially with regards to how much defenders can contact offensive players in the lane. He is a project. If I want a guy who can play limited minutes and develop in the meantime, I'd rather take Lucas “Bebe” Nogueira from Brazil in the 2nd round. He is very similar to Biyombo, is more likely to be a true C and is projected to have a much higher ceiling as an overall player. You would get similar production, and still have a first rounder to take a solid perimeter defender who will most likely be a key part of the rotation.

!??!?!

anthony made defensive plays for them all year, playoffs included... and really? FUNNELING?! lol... if that's the terminology we're going to use then we have a TEAM filled with funnelers and it makes andris biedrins look like cow dung... chandler did TWO things offensively that was better than dampier, and that's offensive rebounds and being able to catch lobs... tyson has no offensive game outside of that....

AHEM* lucas pulled out of the draft....

andris biedrins for you it is?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:12 pm
oh... and lucas is NO WHERE near an athlete biyombo is...

EDIT to add:

sorry man... im just very passionate about this guy... i want him really bad, and if the organization picks him up it'll show me that they have a sincere and legit commitment to defense....

i want a ring before i die

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 pm
8th ave wrote:oh... and lucas is NO WHERE near an athlete biyombo is...

EDIT to add:

sorry man... im just very passionate about this guy... i want him really bad, and if the organization picks him up it'll show me that they have a sincere and legit commitment to defense....

There's a reason he's dropped out of the lottery in every mock draft in the world. His offense got exposed. ALL he can do is dunk. Perkins can at least shoot lay ups and convert SOME of his free throws.

There was "muttering" that teams would just foul him ANYTIME he gets the ball and laugh as he clanks 2 free throws.

Yes, he can play defense. So could Disagna Djop or however you spelt his name. I was mislead and fell into the Biymbo trap. If he was 7'0 and had these defensive capabilities, than he would be worth the pick. But he makes Ben Wallace look like Kevin Garnett.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
8th ave wrote:oh... and lucas is NO WHERE near an athlete biyombo is...

EDIT to add:

There's a reason he's dropped out of the lottery in every mock draft in the world. His offense got exposed. ALL he can do is dunk. Perkins can at least shoot lay ups and convert SOME of his free throws.

There was "muttering" that teams would just foul him ANYTIME he gets the ball and laugh as he clanks 2 free throws.

Yes, he can play defense. So could Disagna Djop or however you spelt his name. I was mislead and fell into the Biymbo trap. If he was 7'0 and had these defensive capabilities, than he would be worth the pick. But he makes Ben Wallace look like Kevin Garnett.

show me

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:33 pm
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/0 ... index.html

biyombo made it into the lottery in all mock drafts but one... :?

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:28 am
Most of the mock Draft's are not updated. Look for the mock Draft's that keep updating according with the latest info from workout's around the league.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:02 am
it really doesn't matter where they slot him in mock drafts.... your position in mock drafts isn't a indicator of how good you are, so saying we shouldnt be picking him up because he's sliding in other peoples mock draft is just silly....

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 pm
I'm just saying - do we really need another PROJECT? Another Anthony Randolph type [with less potential]. He'll probably be getting into foul trouble early into his career as his main focus will be playing defense [yes he's good but he hasn't faced the NBA post game]... I just rather a guy who we have an idea of what we're getting and KNOW that will fight right in.

I'd much rather have Kawhi Leonard [-o< or even Chris Singleton :-k ... said it 1000x already but moving Dorrell Wright to the bench would give us the perfect 6th man and we also get a lock down wing defender. Dorrell is also capable of playing the 2 so he could spell either Monta or Singleton depending on the situation... plus we still have Reggie Williams as our version of James Harden [can run the 1 or 2] ... a new SF just adds so much depth.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:52 pm
reggie williams isnt under contract for next year...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:55 pm
Edit :: Moved

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:22 pm
Beast Mode wrote:I'm just saying - do we really need another PROJECT? Another Anthony Randolph type [with less potential]. He'll probably be getting into foul trouble early into his career as his main focus will be playing defense [yes he's good but he hasn't faced the NBA post game]... I just rather a guy who we have an idea of what we're getting and KNOW that will fight right in.

I'd much rather have Kawhi Leonard [-o< or even Chris Singleton :-k ... said it 1000x already but moving Dorrell Wright to the bench would give us the perfect 6th man and we also get a lock down wing defender. Dorrell is also capable of playing the 2 so he could spell either Monta or Singleton depending on the situation... plus we still have Reggie Williams as our version of James Harden [can run the 1 or 2] ... a new SF just adds so much depth.

This is how I feel. While the skills he brings are a need and he would not be a bad pick at all, he is most likely a project. Even on defense, where the rule changes and less contact will be a major adjustment for a player as aggressive as him. I think a legit sized SF is what would help the most. Dorrell currently is a bit undersized as he is pretty thin. A SF that brings a different skillset would allow us to bring in Dorrell as both a SG or SF based on the need at the time.

I'm just curious why you think Leonard would be a great pick and Singleton an ok pick. Neither are going to be good at creating their own shot in the league (although Leonard has more potential in the future) and Singleton is probably the better defender. If he didn't get hurt this year he would be higher on many people's radar. He has Ron Artest type potential but without the problems between the ears. Leonard is a bit of a better rebounder, but Singleton is still going to be a good rebounder at SF. Because of Singleton's length and athleticism, and most of all the fact that he prides himself on defense above all, I think he will be one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA in a few years. I know it is in NO WAY the only indicator of his motor and strength, but Leonard had one of the worst bench-press showings of all the players in the draft. I see it as Leonard probably being the better all around player while Singleton the better defender of the two. I would be stoked if Leonard was off the board and we got Singleton.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:41 pm
This is not a pretty workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqJGJwAU0M

That being said, he is shooting in this video, and his strengths are blocking shots and rebounding. That being said, he makes Adonal Foyle look like an offensive force.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:53 am
hobbes wrote:This is not a pretty workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqJGJwAU0M

That being said, he is shooting in this video, and his strengths are blocking shots and rebounding. That being said, he makes Adonal Foyle look like an offensive force.

That being said - STAY AWAY FROM THAT!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 am
1. PF with Lee and Udoh is the only position we don't need a player
2. With him on the floor we will always be 4 against 5 on offense. I have seen it in a couple of teams and it s not pretty. The pressure on the 4 players is unbelievable and is really stupid to see a guy that no one bothers to guard standing there all alone until he get's in dunking range.
3. No more Foyle players for this team.
4. To many needs in other positions with real issues to draft a PF.
5. No need to quit on Udoh. Same defense with Biyambboooo with a lot greater Offensive skills.
6. We already have a big mouth giving promises in Jackson.
7. Too many reason's not to bother with this great question mark that is called Biyambo or whatever.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 pm
I think that if he is available at our pick, we need to pick him....too much to let pass by
~LilBallerx~

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball