NBA Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:01 am
migya wrote:Good analysis Crackers.

Two games gone so far and series is tied 1-1. Miami did well in game 1, especially defensively as someone pointed out. Dallas played awesome coming back at the end of game two.

Truth has to be told that Dirk Nowitzki is not only one of the greatest players right now, but one of the greatest players ever. Also, he is no choker. He has failed in a few games at the end a few times in his career, but I have see many more times where he has stepped up and game two was another showing of that. He single handedly got his team that win. He was worthy of the MVP he got and he is looking like the MVP of this series so far.

I predict Dallas in six, possibly it will go seven

Yeah, i would say my analysis was spot on... for game one. Game 2 ended up being its own creation. We will have to see what happens during the rest of the series.

What was odd was why didn't Miami have Joel Anthony during the last stretch in the game. Ususally when I am up 15 points, wouldn't you want the best defenders in the game to possible stop the offense.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:51 pm
The most impressive part of the Game 2 win was their defense in the 4th quarter.
Marion Stepped up and guarded Lebron well, actually the entire team played good D.

If the Mavs are going to win this series though, they can't count on coming from behind, they need to play better D 48 mins long.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 am
Miami wins Game 3, first game in Dallas, on a game winner by Bosh and gets back home court advantage, going up 2-1. Got to give it to the Heat, they are earning it by stepping up and Dallas has to win the next two games which are in Dallas or they won't win the series I think, not going back to Miami for game 6 and 7

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:00 pm
Dallas in looking pretty good after the last two games - one more too go, but I'm still sticking with my pick; Miami in 7.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:04 pm
Dallas wins game 5, the last in Dallas and is now up 3-2. One win away for Cuban's dream to finally come true, he must be hanging by the elastic of his jocks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:41 am
migya wrote:Dallas wins game 5, the last in Dallas and is now up 3-2. One win away for Cuban's dream to finally come true, he must be hanging by the elastic of his jocks

Yeah, it has been a surprising series. I thought LeBron would be dominant and already have won the NBA Finals MVP. Instead, he hasn't thrived, and has been easily contained by great scheme defenses by Carlisle.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:51 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:Dallas wins game 5, the last in Dallas and is now up 3-2. One win away for Cuban's dream to finally come true, he must be hanging by the elastic of his jocks

Yeah, it has been a surprising series. I thought LeBron would be dominant and already have won the NBA Finals MVP. Instead, he hasn't thrived, and has been easily contained by great scheme defenses by Carlisle.

Lebron hasn't been as expected, but Dallas is responsible for some of that.

Dirk will finally be vindicated if they win

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:The X factor to me is Marion. If he can play decent D on James, then Dallas has a chance.
Actually, Dallas' bench is way better then Miami's... and if the series drag's on it could become a factor.

Prediction: Dallas' in 6.

So as it was foretold, was how it unfold. :wink:

I should have bet money in vegas... damn.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:31 am
Don't like either team, but I'm kind of glad LeBron and this Miami team didn't win it all. After "The Decision" and that agreement between Bosh and James to play for the Heat I started disliking the team. Players like that don't deserve the title. Both players had played for the teams that loved them, had a lot of fans, true, Raptors didn't improve (but they could have maybe this year), but still, that's pathetic move, especially the part when they make a deal to play with Wade and have a team with 3 players from the top 15-20 in the league.

Great players in the past didn't need other stars to win them a trophy. Yeah, there were times when you had a couple of starts on the same team, but usually not 2 players that are within the best 5 in the league, and they didn't plan a trade with some other players to join a third team. And didn't leave their teams when they were in their best years and let the team get nothing in return.

Anyway, I'm glad that Peja got the ring. :)
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:48 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:The X factor to me is Marion. If he can play decent D on James, then Dallas has a chance.
Actually, Dallas' bench is way better then Miami's... and if the series drag's on it could become a factor.

Prediction: Dallas' in 6.

So as it was foretold, was how it unfold. :wink:

I should have bet money in vegas... damn.

Damn GSW, you're money with the predictions... I'm taking you to Vegas.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:52 am
Well, I wish you luck then, guys...just don't get married. ::razz:

Jokes aside, GSW is quite good with his predictions. =D>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:47 pm
wow, i am shocked the mavs won... just shocked. I diss on LeBron like any honest American, but i never expected the performance he did in these finals.

BTW spot on call by GSW... the bench helped Dallas win the series.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:29 pm
Guybrush wrote:Well, I wish you luck then, guys...just don't get married. ::razz:

Jokes aside, GSW is quite good with his predictions. =D>

Too late, I already got married in Vegas in 2005.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:10 am
Dallas won the championship in six games. Finally Kidd, Dirk and Cuban get their title.

I really feel for this Dallas team, especially Kidd and Dirk, as they have trying to win it all for so long. Cuban has also thrown so much money in trying to make this team win it all and after all the disappointments, it all pays off.

Wonder if Kidd will retire, which is likely.

Congratulations Dallas Mavericks

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 am
The coolest thing about Dallas winning it all, is that this is almost like a reward for Dirk staying with his team. He was a free agent last summer (to slightly less fanfare than Wade, Bosh, and James), courted by the Knicks, and could have easily left for a better chance to win a title. After all, who envisioned the old washed-up Mavericks in the finals?
Previous

Return to NBA Forum