Which coach would you want this summer?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:01 pm
Guybrush wrote:Frank, Adelman or Budenholzer...anyone of those three, and I'd be happy.

My top 3 are exactly the same! :D
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:44 pm
via ESPN insider

NBA.com's David Aldridge wrote Monday via a source that Jackson is in the lead for the job.

"Jackson is in the lead, according to a league source, having interviewed twice, the second time with owner Joe Lacob," he wrote. "Lacob has also conducted interviews with Spurs assistant coach Mike Budenholzer and was believed to have conducted the Malone interview Sunday. Those two trail Jackson at the moment. But former Lakers assistant and Oakland native Brian Shaw and Celtics assistant Lawrence Frank, though trailing the others, are not out of the mix. Shaw has yet to get a first interview set up by Golden State."
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:29 pm
8th ave wrote:via ESPN insider

NBA.com's David Aldridge wrote Monday via a source that Jackson is in the lead for the job.

"Jackson is in the lead, according to a league source, having interviewed twice, the second time with owner Joe Lacob," he wrote. "Lacob has also conducted interviews with Spurs assistant coach Mike Budenholzer and was believed to have conducted the Malone interview Sunday. Those two trail Jackson at the moment. But former Lakers assistant and Oakland native Brian Shaw and Celtics assistant Lawrence Frank, though trailing the others, are not out of the mix. Shaw has yet to get a first interview set up by Golden State."

geez, lacob is clearly not listening to the fans on this pick. I hope he knows what he is doing.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Can't say that I'd be happy. We have better, and proven, coaches as an option, but somehow we have him as a favorite.

I'd be all for Jackson...if his first name was Phil, but alas. :)
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:02 pm
Whelp, deal is done. Mark Jackson is the head coach.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:05 pm
Now they need strong assistant coaches to surround himself a tactician coaches.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 pm
fullmetalx wrote:Now they need strong assistant coaches to surround himself a tactician coaches.

Well, at least he knows what it means to make the playoffs - 14 out of 17 seasons...and playing under 5 hall-of-fame coaches. There's some good in this!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
8th ave wrote:via ESPN insider

geez, lacob is clearly not listening to the fans on this pick. I hope he knows what he is doing.

That remains to be seen....
But if the reports are true, and he interviewed for Jerry too, and West gave approval, then I give them the benefit of the doubt.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:14 am
Mark Jackson has credibility as a winning player. Maybe he will be good or not as the head coach, but he is here now.

Really, it is the roster that counts the most and nothing has been done yet

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball