Good god! Please, no...
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 pm
y not?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:00 pm
I just don't have that much confidence in him being a good coach. At least, just by listening to the guy you can get an opinion. I could be wrong, but still, there's a lot of available coaches that I would want us to hire before him.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:07 pm
I don't have faith in Jackson because he has no coaching experience at any level. He was a tough and gritty player, but that does not mean he will be a good coach and frankly I can't see him being much more than a cheerleader.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:12 pm
Please just hire Lawrence Frank. I wouldn't mind Casey or Shaw much, but Frank seems like the perfect fit for everything we're looking for. Young, super experienced, experience with a winner, defensive focus, intense.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 pm
8th ave wrote:y not?

How is he gonna make us better when all he says is "He's a star in this league. He's a knock-down shooter. Give him credit."? Seriously, I don't know how these guys get their start, but has he ever even sat on a bench as a coach at any level? Hire Frank already!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:48 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
8th ave wrote:y not?

How is he gonna make us better when all he says is "He's a star in this league. He's a knock-down shooter. Give him credit."? Seriously, I don't know how these guys get their start, but has he ever even sat on a bench as a coach at any level? Hire Frank already!

he's the only candidate that has met with owner joe lacob, so many of you MIGHT be in for a big disappointment...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:03 pm
Hopefully the only reason he got a personal interview with Lacob is because Lacob wants to hear him say "grown man move" in person. I would rather have Smart than Jackson. At least Smart has some offensive and defensive system due to being a coach in this league for years. If we hire Mark Jackson it will set this franchise back and Lacob will be paying back his season ticket holders for failure to make the playoffs. This hire WILL be possibly the most important decision Lacob makes as owner. Shaw, Frank or Casey please.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:19 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Here is an out of the box name that I am shock we don't at least consider. Mike Budenholzer

How about Mike Budenholzer. He is the top assistant in the San Antonio Spurs. He reminds me on Erik Spolstra on many levels. He was a video coordinator for several years. Been in the league since 1994, and he is still young enough to relate to players (41).

Well it looks like your lucky day. And everyone else's if it means Jackson is scratched off the list:

http://twitter.com/#!/gswscribe/status/75712157962092544
Get Money. Get Paid.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:12 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Here is an out of the box name that I am shock we don't at least consider. Mike Budenholzer

How about Mike Budenholzer. He is the top assistant in the San Antonio Spurs. He reminds me on Erik Spolstra on many levels. He was a video coordinator for several years. Been in the league since 1994, and he is still young enough to relate to players (41).

Well it looks like your lucky day. And everyone else's if it means Jackson is scratched off the list:

http://twitter.com/#!/gswscribe/status/75712157962092544

Looking like Budenholzer and lacob are meeting in San Antone... make it happen if it eliminates Mark Jackson.

From the Contra Costa Times:

“Add another name to the list of finalists for the Warriors’ head coaching vacancy: Mike Budenholzer.

It’s not a new name, as the San Antonio Spurs assistant coach was mentioned almost immediately after Golden State parted ways with Keith Smart on April 27.

According to a team source, co-owner Joe Lacob is flying to San Antonio on Wednesday to interview Budenholzer. Lacob, who was present for the Warriors’ predraft workout Tuesday at the team facility, didn’t make himself available to the media and has declined to reveal the names of candidates. But if Lacob’s trip to San Antonio suggests anything, it’s that Budenholzer is being seriously considered.”

Other candidates rumored to be involved include Mavs assistant Dwane Casey and Boston assistant Lawrence Frank, in addition to ESPN analyst Mark Jackson and ex-Rockets coach Rick Adelman.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:30 pm
Frank, Adelman or Budenholzer...anyone of those three, and I'd be happy.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:52 am
If we stall anymore we will get what's left.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:46 pm
I was listening to a Mike Brown interview on fox sports radio yesterday and he said that he was very close to taking this deal until the Lakers called him at the last minute. He had good things to say about our future, but he couldn't resist the opportunity to coach a team that had won 2 titles recently with the possibility to contend for more in the immediate future. The way he described it made it seem like this is actually a desirable job. I trust that our ownership and Jerry West will be able to get who they want. Let's just hope it's Budenholzer, Frank or Casey.
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:18 pm
I like Dwayne Casey. He has my vote from all the prospects left.
He is suppose to interview with Raptors.

Hopefully we decide soon before the best prospects are gone.
Indiana, Toronto, and maybe Minesota will be looking for coaches.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:13 pm
I would prefer Ainārs Bagatskis, Latvian NT coach, That would give Andris some motivation and spark in his eyes :D:D
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball