32%
no
68%

Total votes : 22

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:44 am
no
Last edited by The Real Newman on Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:50 am
migya wrote:Parker has been the main reason why the Spurs have won so much! Duncan is doing less than ever and Parker continues to step up with Ginobili also a lesser factor this season! That in itself shows the worth of this man

[-X

Popovich is.

Parker is a pretty darn good player. Just not an all star.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:37 pm
migya wrote:Parker has been the main reason why the Spurs have won so much! Duncan is doing less than ever and Parker continues to step up with Ginobili also a lesser factor this season! That in itself shows the worth of this man

Don't be mistaken into thinking that since he only plays 30 minutes a night instead of 36 that Duncan doesn't carry that team from start to finish. He picks his spots and delivers. Tony Parker & Manu Ginobli give the Spurs the ability to rest Duncan more (because they don't suffer as much), but it doesn't mean that Tony Parker is an all-star. He's not better than Baron Davis. He's not better than Chris Paul. He's not better than Mike Bibby. Tony Parker is a good player; especially in a supporting role, like aside Duncan for the Spurs... but he's no all-star. This was a coach's pick, all the way.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:10 pm
Parker has been great and with Gnobili hurt alot this season, if he was not playing the way he is, the Spurs would be uncharacteristically a slightly above average team and not where they are right now! Parker, with his quickness, is creating nightmares like Iverson did when he first arrived in the league with his speed - Teams just haven't found a way to stop Parker this season

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:21 pm
They also selected 7 or 8 forwards and picked only allen and parker at guard. I think Baron and Jrich deserved it just as much as some of the forwards picked.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:31 am
migya wrote:Parker has been great and with Gnobili hurt alot this season, if he was not playing the way he is, the Spurs would be uncharacteristically a slightly above average team and not where they are right now! Parker, with his quickness, is creating nightmares like Iverson did when he first arrived in the league with his speed - Teams just haven't found a way to stop Parker this season

Parker and Ginobli aren't vital to the Spur's success. Not in the way Duncan is, at least (which is what it sounds like you're implying). Neither of them were on the initial championship team. They have become big reasons for the Spur's dominance, but Duncan's proved that his Spurs are more than capable of getting deep into the playoffs without Parker and Ginobli. Parker is a very good side kick to Tim Duncan, but calling him an all-star is a joke! It's like saying that Lamar Odom is automatically an all-star because he picks up the slack when Kobe's on the bench; it's not true!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:47 am
Remember last season when Duncan was injured.......... the Spurs still one alot! Duncan is great but the Spurs are a very good TEAM! It is not just Duncan that is the only reason why they win! Parker has been the spark that has made them go and he deserves credit! He is better than Cassell at the very least

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:59 pm
Okay, he's better than Cassell. He's still not as good as Bibby, Baron, or Chris Paul. So why's he an all-star???

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:36 pm
his g/f is hot? :?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:18 pm
ronald dregan wrote:his g/f is hot? :?

=P~

But still doesn't make him a better player...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:29 pm
Baron Davis 39% FG, 69% FT. He has great assist totals and scores a fair amount but like I said, he hasn't been to the playoffs within the last few years. True Allen and Bosh aren't on winning teams. But at least Allen was there last season (not to mention he's scored at least 20 a game for the last 7 or 8 seasons). Bosh isn't even in the same conference or a guard, so to compair the two isn't legit. I will say Parker's FT are are as bad as Baron, and his assists don't match up. But he scores a bit more with fewer shots and with a MUCH better FG % (55%) and his team is the best in the conference. Yes Popovich picked him as his own player... so did Flip Saunders with his 3 Pistons. When we lead the conference at the break Monty can pick 5 warriors, but until then we should worry about winning, not number of all stars or recognition. Recognition comes with playoff appearances and wins.

I will say this, J-Rich is more deserving than BD.
Here we go again...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:05 am
Fact is the Spurs owe alot this season to Tony Parker!

JRich is deserving of being allstar and that is quite an injustice!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:33 pm
BY wrote:I will say this, J-Rich is more deserving than BD.

Why? A lot of people are making this argument... but I don't understand it. Baron Davis has put up more consistent, all-around, superstar numbers than JRich... is it because Jason scores a couple points more per game with a better %...?

I totally think JR aces out Ray Allen for an All-Star spot, but I also think Baron's better than either of them. Can somebody please draw out a reason for me...?

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:59 pm
A player can only be an all-star if he's on a good team... unless he's a spectacular stand out like Chris Bosh!

This is off the subject a little, but I gotta say it:
Gilbert Arenas should have been an all-star even if J. O'Neal was not injured. Where's Antawn Jamison in all this. He's having his best statistical year this year! Since these guys are on a losing team they are not all-stars.

But almost the whole starting line-up for the Pistons are all-stars this year? Rasheed Wallace is no all-star!

An all-star player is only an all-star if they're on a winning team! I hate to say it and I don't agree with it, but it's true.
Adonal Foyle is a defensive power house and you know it! He should get more playing time!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:09 pm
#32 wrote:Why? A lot of people are making this argument... but I don't understand it. Baron Davis has put up more consistent, all-around, superstar numbers than JRich... is it because Jason scores a couple points more per game with a better %...?

I totally think JR aces out Ray Allen for an All-Star spot, but I also think Baron's better than either of them. Can somebody please draw out a reason for me...?

JRich has come up with bigger performances and been more clutch than Baron this season

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball