Which coach would you want this summer?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:28 pm
Kevin McHale met with Golden State executives Larry Riley and Bob Myers to discuss the Warriors’ head coaching job, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Sources called the meeting “informal” and it could turn into a more serious sit-down later with team executives and ownership.
Also, the Warriors are meeting Boston Celtics assistant coach Lawrence Frank in Chicago for an interview on Saturday, sources said.

Ex-Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown is still the leader to be offered the job, several sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... z1MxSEt7Sn
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:29 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... AHeadlines
Longtime Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw threw his hat into the Golden State ring, as he interviewed with the Warriors for their vacancy in the last couple of days, according to multiple sources.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:29 pm
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports via sources, Mark Jackson has met with the Warriors about their coaching job.

"Jackson could be brought back for a second interview, but Brown remains the leading candidate for the opening," he added.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:11 am
Here is an out of the box name that I am shock we don't at least consider. Mike Budenholzer

How about Mike Budenholzer. He is the top assistant in the San Antonio Spurs. He reminds me on Erik Spolstra on many levels. He was a video coordinator for several years. Been in the league since 1994, and he is still young enough to relate to players (41).

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:39 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Here is an out of the box name that I am shock we don't at least consider. Mike Budenholzer

How about Mike Budenholzer. He is the top assistant in the San Antonio Spurs. He reminds me on Erik Spolstra on many levels. He was a video coordinator for several years. Been in the league since 1994, and he is still young enough to relate to players (41).

He pull out his name for the coaching job.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm
fullmetalx wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Here is an out of the box name that I am shock we don't at least consider. Mike Budenholzer

He pull out his name for the coaching job.

oh wow, i didnt know that he was even considered.

Sucks though :banghead:
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:02 pm
Mike Brown is signing with the Lakers:
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/david_aldridge/05/25/lakers-hire-brown/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I really wasn't excited about him anyways, but at least that narrows our search. Hopefully Brian Shaw or Dwayne Casey get hired. Out of who's left those are the two i like the most.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:52 pm
I wasn't as anti-brown here as many were, but wasn't completely sold on him either. The more I think about it, the more I would like to give Shaw a chance. He can relate to players (has all of the Lakers respect including Kobe who advocated hard for him) and I think he has more coaching experience than we believe. Phil Jackson teams have always been about coaching during practice (hence why Phil always sits and rarely calls timeouts). And Brian Shaw had an increasing role in running these practices.

He is also a former PG/SG who can help Monta and Curry (especially). Add on top of that, that he knows how to run half court sets out of the triangle. I don't think we are suited to run it extensively, but I think our personnel could run it effectively at times, when needed in half court sets.

Would like a strong defensive coach though to bring with Shaw to help him fix our problems as I haven't heard of him to be a strong defensive coach.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:16 am
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I wasn't as anti-brown here as many were, but wasn't completely sold on him either. The more I think about it, the more I would like to give Shaw a chance. He can relate to players (has all of the Lakers respect including Kobe who advocated hard for him) and I think he has more coaching experience than we believe. Phil Jackson teams have always been about coaching during practice (hence why Phil always sits and rarely calls timeouts). And Brian Shaw had an increasing role in running these practices.

He is also a former PG/SG who can help Monta and Curry (especially). Add on top of that, that he knows how to run half court sets out of the triangle. I don't think we are suited to run it extensively, but I think our personnel could run it effectively at times, when needed in half court sets.

Would like a strong defensive coach though to bring with Shaw to help him fix our problems as I haven't heard of him to be a strong defensive coach.

I have a sneaking suspicion the team will get Brian Shaw as the new Head Coach. It does make a fair bit of sense

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:33 am
migya wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I wasn't as anti-brown here as many were, but wasn't completely sold on him either. The more I think about it, the more I would like to give Shaw a chance. He can relate to players (has all of the Lakers respect including Kobe who advocated hard for him) and I think he has more coaching experience than we believe. Phil Jackson teams have always been about coaching during practice (hence why Phil always sits and rarely calls timeouts). And Brian Shaw had an increasing role in running these practices.

Would not HATE Brian Shaw as a candidate. That being said, THANK GOD THE FAKERS TOOK MIKE BROWN!!! I am not sold on coaching trees. I don't give a rat's ass that he was a Spurs assistant. He was a CHEERLEADER FOR LEBRON in Cleveland. His offense was terrible unless you loved watching one player dribbling out the shot clock. How did that work for us when we would lapse into that this year? IT DIDN'T. I am gonna laugh my ass of when Kobe balks at him and the Lakers implode. I am not 100% that he is a POOR coach, but you have no frame of reference because LeBron did whatever the hell he wanted and the rest of the role players just followed him.

In my opinion, the most successful guys recently have been the workaholics like Thibodeau and Doc. Lawrence Frank is in that mold. He is a proven commodity who has been to the Finals with New Jersey x2 and he lives, eats, sleeps, & dreams basketball. He's my #1. Would hope we could entice Adelman to return now that Lakers position is filled, a great #2 option although the Rockets gave up a LOT of points this year. I would put Shaw a distant 4th behind Kevin McHale, but that's just me because I find the triangle boring.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:42 am
I definitely agree with Warriorhog8. Maybe I don't think that negatively of Brown, but he still wasn't my top choice. And the part that I actually agree with you the most is the order of possible coaches. Though, Frank or Adelman is pretty much the same to me, as long as we can get one of those two.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:19 am
I like Frank and Shaw the most. Adelman is a great coach, I'm just not sure about the fit here. I hope we can all agree on a big NO to Mark Jackson. I get that we're looking at every possibility, but this was a waste of time I think, and would be super pissed if we hired him
Get Money. Get Paid.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:39 pm
I don't want McHale, I don't think he has that flare in him at all.
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:10 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I like Frank and Shaw the most. Adelman is a great coach, I'm just not sure about the fit here. I hope we can all agree on a big NO to Mark Jackson. I get that we're looking at every possibility, but this was a waste of time I think, and would be super pissed if we hired him

I just see Shaw having been the assistant to arguably the best coach ever in Phil Jackson and think that that influence can only be a good thing for him. That in itself makes him capable of being a very good coach, if not a great one. Best choice is to go for a coach that is young and could be here long term and Shaw also fits that

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:52 am
jackson a finalist for our head coaching vacancy...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/30/11/Mark ... eedID=5986
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball