Warriors to draft #11 - OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:59 pm
The NBA Draft Lottery has ended and we didn't get one of the Top 3 so we will be picking 11th.

Which player coming out of the draft that you think will fall to 11 that would help our team the most?
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:19 pm
Well, can't say that was unexpected. :)

Like I said, I would go with Leonard in the first, and Benson in the second. I wouldn't mind getting Biyombo in the first as well...we would just need to pick some SF in the second then.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:13 pm
Guybrush wrote:Well, can't say that was unexpected. :)

Like I said, I would go with Leonard in the first, and Benson in the second. I wouldn't mind getting Biyombo in the first as well...we would just need to pick some SF in the second then.

x2
~LilBallerx~

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:00 pm
I too hope that Kawhi Leonard drops to us at #11. Marcus Morris from Kansas wouldn't hurt either. We may even pick up Jonas Valanciunas but he won't be a choice of mine as I won't want to gamble on another European big man.
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:39 pm
praying that the 18-20 year old man from Congo falls to us.
~LilBallerx~

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:praying that the 18-20 year old man from Congo falls to us.

You know that too good to be true they are probably going to pick players that can help them immediately not project like the old man from Congo. I would be surprise if that happens I think you should know it the Warriors picking good big man is not their strong suits.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:12 am
I think at our slot Leonard will be the best pick as he can bring toughness and rebounding as well as the ability to guard multiple positions. His offensive game is not ready to be a strong option on offense yet, although scouting reports say that his ballhandling and passing are improving so far this summer. However, his offensive game is suited for a team like ours where he will be a fourth option and can get out on the break.

Another player who I like if Leonard, who has a similar skillset is FSU's Chris Singleton. This guy is a beast on defense who is best suited on a team like ours where he will be a 4th option and won't have to create his own shot. He is flying a bit under the radar right now because of injuries, but when he got back (no even 100%) he helped FSU shut some teams down on their way to some big wins in the NCAA tournament. He looks like he could be a Josh Smith/ Gerald Wallace type forward with a little more muscle. 11 might be a bit high to take him though, so if we could make some type of trade around the pick that would be awesome.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:38 am
I'm all for trading the pick for a proven player, a role player would do great

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:37 am
LilBallerx8 wrote:praying that the 18-20 year old man from Congo falls to us.

AMEN THAT!!! usually I'm pissed cause we can never get better than 7th pick, but this year's talent pool is perfect for teams drafting 10th and down. These are gonna be rotation players at best with very few starter quality exceptions.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:39 pm
jesus christ man... with all the bad luck we have had over the years, you'd assume that this franchise due for some good luck... i really wanted to jump a couple of spots to give us insurance to grab byombo... i was screaming at the tv telling it to not call the warriors name....

with all that said, here is some prospects that is more or less within our range...

here's jonas valneoiusjfoaieuf -

this guy is an athletic dunking machine... this clip is basically a dunking highlight film... it doesn't look like he has any low post game which we sorely need, but he does possess some quickness around the basket... the problem with most players is that after they catch the ball around the basket, they're reluctant to go straight up... not jonas though; the second he catches it is the second he goes up... similar to what i see in pau gasol and tim duncan... he's also great at the free throw line shooting 90% in euroleague, but the question is if he can help us on the boards and interior defense...

tristan thompson - couldnt find a good clip for tristan thompson... i watched some of the nike hoop summit highlights as well as some interview/practice clips and he's another athletic forward... doesn't seem like he rebounds particularly well but is a shot a blocker....

that's all for now...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:56 am
What about the big center from Tureky? I can't think of his name right now, but we have a huge need at center. I know he is projected to be in the top 5 but we should think about trading up or something if he really is the real deal. Finding good centers is hard in this league now and we may not have a chance to get one for awhile.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:04 pm
^ enes kanter

here's a clip of joe lacob after the lottery..

we were ONE NUMBER away from the 1st pick!!! oh em geezy

From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:23 pm
WarriorHawk87 wrote:What about the big center from Tureky? I can't think of his name right now, but we have a huge need at center. I know he is projected to be in the top 5 but we should think about trading up or something if he really is the real deal. Finding good centers is hard in this league now and we may not have a chance to get one for awhile.

Yeah, don't think he'll be there by time Warriors pick. Don't get your hopes up too much for this draft. it is THIN. Best case scenario you find a diamond in the rough or solid rotation guy; there's no tom Brady type pick to be had.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:06 pm
Enes Kanter will go in the top 5, and Biyombo right after that. I've seen Leonard flying up the mock draft lists, too. We're more than likely looking at Marcus/Markieff, Tristan Thomas, or someone like that.

Won't get much for a draft pick this year, so look for a solid character guy to slot in as a career role player.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:58 pm
Biyombo may be 18 - 26 years old i read. It is ridiculous to draft a player whose age is unknown. Analyst's say that if he is close to 18 he will probably be a good pick, if he is close to 26 is worthless.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball