NBA Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:44 pm
is it just me, or are the Heat just seeming to be a very....intimidating? full? scary? team...
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:37 pm
Grizz just won game 6 and it is now going to a game 7 with the Thunder. Grizz have really stepped up and are deserving of going to the WCF. Really something how they've played without Rudy Gay

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 pm
migya wrote:Grizz just won game 6 and it is now going to a game 7 with the Thunder. Grizz have really stepped up and are deserving of going to the WCF. Really something how they've played without Rudy Gay

Yes, well said Mig...this team reminds me of the Warriors with a decent Center. Totally crappy just last year and stepped it up to make the playoffs (and beyond) the next. Makes me believe much more that only a year can totally make a difference.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:11 pm
#2 Heat v #1 Bulls -
PG - Bibby v Rose - Rose, the MVP, will actually be guarded most of the time by either Wade or Lebron, both who are much better suited to defend him than Chalmers or any other Heat player. Rose will likely, and actually will have to be, a monster this series to counter the damage that Wade and Lebron will cause. Be interesting how he is defended definately. Bibby has to give anything he can, especially those threes, same for Chalmers when he plays.

SG - Wade v Bogans/Brewer/Korver - Wade will likely be a monster this series, as he has been all playoffs, and it will be interesting to see who guards him, whether Rose does. Anything the Bulls get from their SGs is sweet for them, but I expect little from them really.

SF - Lebron v Deng - Lebron will again be a monster, as he has all playoffs as well. Deng is really the x factor for the Bulls, because if he plays well, especially scoring wise, Bulls could have the advantage.

PF - Bosh v Boozer - The closest and most critical matchup I think. Bosh does much less than before he got to the Heat, because of Wade and Lebron, and Boozer hasn't been the monster he has been in the past. If Bosh can keep Boozer in check, the Heat should win and likely quite easily, but if Boozer can be huge and Bosh still does average, like he has been most of the playoffs, that's a huge advantage for the Bulls and they'll likely win the series.

C - JAnthony/Dampier/Big Z v Noah - Noah is a very good Center that provides the things that a team wants from a Center. To me, he is the hidden hero for the Bulls and he'll have to be kept in chack by the big and experienced Heat Centers.

Bench - Bulls get more from their bench, but I really think it won't mean much in this series, as I expect the starters to play alot of the minutes.

I predict - Heat in 6

All Star
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:09 pm
everyone has Heat in 6. I think that Lebron will be a very hard obstacle for Rose to pass if he plays on-ball D.
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:everyone has Heat in 6. I think that Lebron will be a very hard obstacle for Rose to pass if he plays on-ball D.

I think the Heat will have to win in less than seven, as it will be very hard to win game seven in Chicago.

I just think that Lebron and Wade,Bosh a bit also, are just too much for the Bulls. Unless Rose is the best player in the series, Boozer outplays Bosh and is a significant player and the Bulls get substantially more from their bench than the Heat get from there's, I don't think Bulls will win. The Heat do need contributions from the likes of Bibby, Chalmer and from their Centers all up and they'll likely get that

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:13 pm
I have been watching Nazr Mohammed in the Thuner games since he is a free agent Center next season... he is pretty goo 1 on 1 defender... would be a nice pickup if we could get him for the right price. I wouldn't mind a Mohammed/Beans Center tandom next season. I don't see any other option in FA. anyway. Other than that there is Dalembert, or Oden, both who will probably cost more then they are worth.

Trade seems unlikely with what we have to offer.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:56 pm
Nazr Muhammad would be a decent pick up. However, he will be 34 years old, so it shouldnt be for big money or years... i expect he would be resigned by the Thunder though
All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm
well, that was a fun game to watch...Bosh stepped it up, as I thought he would, but solid, solid defense by Bulls in the 2nd half got them the W
~LilBallerx~

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:38 am
Thunder spank Grizz to win that series in seven and now meet the Mavs in the WCF. Should be real good and I pick the Mavs in 6.

Bulls beat Heat with a second half thrashing and did great in limiting Wade and Lebron, though Bosh got off for thirty

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:16 am
What was goin on with Wade? Was he hurt on that second half? The announcers said he looked tired, but he really was off on that second half. LeBron tried to do too much from the outside that second half, and their bench is awful.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:04 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:What was goin on with Wade? Was he hurt on that second half? The announcers said he looked tired, but he really was off on that second half. LeBron tried to do too much from the outside that second half, and their bench is awful.
No injury report and I don't recall him showing signs, other than his stat totals... The heat are going to need to completely rethink their approach transitioning from the Celtics to the Bulls, if they don't want to get swept...

I don't give the Bulls much credit for taking down the Pacers in the first series - that was just stupid to go 7 games. However, I have a lot of respect for them handling the Hawks as they are for real and I'd be willing to bet quite a bit, that the Hawks would have steamrolled the Heat, had they faced them.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:36 pm
LilBallerx8 wrote:is it just me, or are the Heat just seeming to be a very....intimidating? full? scary? team...

Alright. This is gonna come across as bitter Lebron and D-Wade hater, which I am. Screw the Heat. If they're not in transition, they are miserable to watch. I literally can't watch a complete game of theirs with D-Wade flying into the lane and flailing for a foul then bitching the entire next possession if he doesn't get a call. I hope the Bulls sweep their ASS. They are the Cleveland Cavaliers + D-Wade; a junk-ass team that watches LBJ or D Wade dribble out the shot clock and throw up some shite and beg for a call. Watching them get punked by the Bulls was very encouraging and I hope they do it again x3.
Last edited by WARRIORHOG8 on Wed May 18, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:39 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:What was goin on with Wade? Was he hurt on that second half? The announcers said he looked tired, but he really was off on that second half. LeBron tried to do too much from the outside that second half, and their bench is awful.

Maybe he's worn out from dislocating Rondo's elbow and steam rolling into Paul Pierce's pick then talking shite from behind the referee...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:36 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
LilBallerx8 wrote:is it just me, or are the Heat just seeming to be a very....intimidating? full? scary? team...

Alright. This is gonna come across as bitter Lebron and D-Wade hater, which I am. Screw the Heat. If they're not in transition, they are miserable to watch. I literally can't watch a complete game of theirs with D-Wade flying into the lane and flailing for a foul then bitching the entire next possession if he doesn't get a call. I hope the Bulls sweep their ASS. They are the Cleveland Cavaliers + D-Wade; a junk-ass team that watches LBJ or D Wade dribble out the shot clock and throw up some shite and beg for a call. Watching them get punked by the Bulls was very encouraging and I hope they do it again x3.

lmao :D :D :D
agree with everything you said, although I respect Lebron, and used to respect Wade. They can do many amazing things.

but fck that. Bulls in 4!
~LilBallerx~

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum