NBA Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 am
Wow, Mavs beat Lakers in LA two straight and are up 2-0 headed to Dallas. Mavs really look like they are going to the WCF and about to end the Lakers run

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:15 pm
yeah that series is over. We're starting to see the end of an era and new guard step up and begin their reign. Lakers can suck it though and good riddance Phil.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:17 pm
Yeah, Kobe (although still good) is over-the-hill and they have just worn out their welcome. I'm glad to see the Laker dominance thing over and done with. Although I rather not see the Mavs OR Lakers move on I'd take the lesser of the evils anyday.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:05 am
Mavs up 3-0 and no team has ever lost when having that lead. Lakers look done and I like it! Mavs, though with some older players, look like real contenders.

Bulls up 2-1 on Hawks and Rose looking like a real megastar with every game. Bulls definate contenders.

Celts beat Heat to be down 2-1 and that series looks like it might go down to the wire, looking real close between the two teams.

Grizz beat Thunder to go up 2-1 and look for real. Be something to see the Grizz make it to the finals and actually not that far fetched

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:11 pm
Mavs just sweeped the Lakers! It was a blowout. Terry and Peja shot 15 out of 16 from three point land, combined of course. So, Lakers are out. :)

And, I missed that part, but I heard that Bynum resorted to cheap shots and elbowed Barea...would like to see that. Pathetic Lakers...always have been.
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:16 pm
Got the video (GIF, actually) of Bynum elbowing Barea:

http://cosbysweaters.com/2011/05/08/and ... -jj-barea/

Cheap shot indeed. I would suspend him for this for a couple of months at least next season.
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:57 pm
Lamar Kardashian also got cheap. Despicable performance from the Lakers. They looked like a bunch of scumbags and sore loosers.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 am
Yea, Mavs swept the Lakers. What a performance and the Mavs look real good.

Hawks evened their series 2-2 with the Bulls. Really close there and interesting how the Hawks have stepped up so much in the playoffs

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:33 pm
Damn it! Celtics lead all the way through the game and lost it in the final two minutes...
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:08 pm
You wanted the C's? I hate those guys, Paul Pierce is a b*tch. I did loose a little respect for James kneeling after the game like he just one the finals - you gotta win 8 more games to do that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:55 pm
I wanted the Celts to win, but well done the Heat and it's like they were set to go to the finals when the big offseason was over.

Bulls up 3-2 on Hawks.

Thunder followed an incredible triple overtime win in Memphis with a thrashing at home. They look set to win that series

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:30 am
JREED wrote:You wanted the C's? I hate those guys, Paul Pierce is a b*tch. I did loose a little respect for James kneeling after the game like he just one the finals - you gotta win 8 more games to do that.

Yeah, I wanted the Celtics to win, but mostly because of the fact that I can't stand LeBron James.
On the west, I'm still hoping that Grizzlies can pull another upset, otherwise there won't be a team in the western finals that I like. And on the east, I'll cheer for either Atlanta or Chicago, depending of who advances to the eastern finals.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:13 pm
Guybrush wrote:
JREED wrote:You wanted the C's? I hate those guys, Paul Pierce is a b*tch. I did loose a little respect for James kneeling after the game like he just one the finals - you gotta win 8 more games to do that.

Yeah, I wanted the Celtics to win, but mostly because of the fact that I can't stand LeBron James.
On the west, I'm still hoping that Grizzlies can pull another upset, otherwise there won't be a team in the western finals that I like. And on the east, I'll cheer for either Atlanta or Chicago, depending of who advances to the eastern finals.

x2

1.bulls
2.grizz
3.hawks
4.mavs
5.okc
6.heat
~LilBallerx~

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:40 pm
Hawks got blown out. Heat VS Bulls comin up - I got the Heat in 6 games. Once the Thunder handle business and out the Grizz, they'll take the Mavs down in 7 and wont put up much of a fight against the Heat in 5 (maybe 6) games. I had the Thunder and the Heat from day 1, but before I thought the Thunder would win it all - I'm riding the Heat wagon now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:02 am
Bulls v Heat should be a great matchup and I think the Bulls can do it, as they are more allround. Shouls be a great series.

Also think Thunder will beat Grizz and a series of Thunder v Mavs would be real good. I do think the Mavs have more firepower and their experience would get them through. Does look like the nba champion will come from the East right now

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum