Lacob's disturbing comments...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:21 am
Location: SOCAL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 pm
I think we all knew we were still screwed the second Ellison lost out on his bid to buy the team...
This season is not a flop.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:26 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:I think we all knew we were still screwed the second Ellison lost out on his bid to buy the team...

Well, I think we were just happy that we got rid of Cohen. Now, we are starting to think that we didn't get anything better in return. Even though, we knew that Ellison would be the best solution for Warriors.
Image
Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:53 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 pm
Anyone on this message board is a real fan period.
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: Foster City, CA
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:30 am
Here is Lacob's interview on KNBR yesterday if anyone is interested.

http://www.knbr.com/portals/3/podcasts/ ... 7lacob.mp3
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5875
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:15 pm
I think anyone who pays 450 million for a NBA franchise to the SPORTS WORLDS VERSION of Hitler is crazy!!!

Rookie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:24 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 pm
I Decided to write him a letter on his owner box email. I am not sure i will be read but here is what it said.

I would like to just send an email to say Though I do not have season tickets I consider myself not only a real fan but a lifelong fan. My father was a janitor in northern California as I grew up and we could not afford season tickets but when we were able to save up enough money we would attend live games. We even had to listen to games on the radio when I was a kid because not every game was televised. I still remember Greg Papa alongside Jim Barnet as a kid. I am not rich now and am in no way complaining about my position in life. I have made the decision to serve this country as a Soldier in the Army and while this does not afford me the income to buy season tickets and I don’t even get to live in the Bay area any more I still consider myself a lifelong fan. While you were purchasing the team and I am happy you did and were enduring tuff negotiations I was serving in Iraq and following on the internet. I do offer this deal if you would like we can trade salaries for the year and I will assure you that we will both have season tickets. I promise to buy you a set of tickets. Well sleep well tonight and know that while I may not be rich I am serving this country for all people and it may not be as noble a profession as “Sports owner” but I am willing to do it because someone has to.

God Bless

Geoff

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:03 pm
jnasty121 wrote:I Decided to write him a letter on his owner box email. I am not sure i will be read but here is what it said.

I would like to just send an email to say Though I do not have season tickets I consider myself not only a real fan but a lifelong fan. My father was a janitor in northern California as I grew up and we could not afford season tickets but when we were able to save up enough money we would attend live games. We even had to listen to games on the radio when I was a kid because not every game was televised. I still remember Greg Papa alongside Jim Barnet as a kid. I am not rich now and am in no way complaining about my position in life. I have made the decision to serve this country as a Soldier in the Army and while this does not afford me the income to buy season tickets and I don’t even get to live in the Bay area any more I still consider myself a lifelong fan. While you were purchasing the team and I am happy you did and were enduring tuff negotiations I was serving in Iraq and following on the internet. I do offer this deal if you would like we can trade salaries for the year and I will assure you that we will both have season tickets. I promise to buy you a set of tickets. Well sleep well tonight and know that while I may not be rich I am serving this country for all people and it may not be as noble a profession as “Sports owner” but I am willing to do it because someone has to.

God Bless

Geoff


:usa

Well put, Geoff. And thank you for your service to our country.

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:12 am
Now we have a fresh quote to chew on. This time from Gruber! I shortened this a bit in the middle, but you'll get the gist of it. "Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell."

Not sure how to interpret this? But it doesn't sound good.....Great... Two onwers on the same team who know how to stick their foot in their mouths!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 am
well, they are hollywood, right? drama=money.
nothing more needs to be said there.

speaking like they're sucking cocks and licking pussies. but - where's the LOVE and COMMITMENT?

for now, everyone has to be satisfied. in a VHS quality third rate porno movie - 'Warriors suck, you swallow'
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: Foster City, CA
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:49 am
warchief wrote:Now we have a fresh quote to chew on. This time from Gruber! I shortened this a bit in the middle, but you'll get the gist of it. "Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell."

Not sure how to interpret this? But it doesn't sound good.....Great... Two onwers on the same team who know how to stick their foot in their mouths!



That's definitely a quote from the Cohan/Rowell mold. We don't care if we win or not, just want to be interesting and sell tickets. He should know better.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:48 pm
hobbes wrote:
warchief wrote:Now we have a fresh quote to chew on. This time from Gruber! I shortened this a bit in the middle, but you'll get the gist of it. "Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell."

Not sure how to interpret this? But it doesn't sound good.....Great... Two onwers on the same team who know how to stick their foot in their mouths!



That's definitely a quote from the Cohan/Rowell mold. We don't care if we win or not, just want to be interesting and sell tickets. He should know better.



I think if you watch the whole thing you would understand that he is talking about his role in the ownership group. He specifically said his role has nothing to do with with the basketball efforts, thats Joe's fortee, his role is the customer experience... the ambiance, the presentation, the sounds, music, food... etc. And then the product, what is probably the most important thing, the Team itself needs to be good. But that is not his area.

Bottom line is he is the one who wants to put it all togther, and he wants to make more then just money... he wants to make success. He wants to be the team that sells out every night and has thousands of fans in the Bay Area, in California, in the US and the world. He wants to be that team that works hard, is an underdog and goes from bottom to top. That right there is drama, the evolution of a good team. From going to poor, to almost, to having hope, to getting over the hump, to king of the castle! That is what I see him as talking about drama. He is into the story, of how we are going to become a contender.

Bottom line, he knows in the end if he really wants to make "magic", that they are going to have to have a team that is competative. So, if his goal is to create an unbelievable fan experience, then winning games is going to have to be part of that. The fact that they are doing this many interviews, that they are this public, only bodes well for the team. It shows that they are driven, and are willing to put their name, faces and reputation on the line. They want to win games, trust me. We will be playoff contenders. There may be a learning curve, but I don't think not being a playoff team is what these guys envision.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:55 am
Well, everyone knew beforehand that Gruber is like this... gruber is the money hungry guy in this pair.... that's why his quote does not shock me. We all knew Gruber was in the entertainment business and was going to be in charge in making this team profitable.

Lacob was suppose to be the fan in this equation. He is the one is suppose to make the team more competitive. That is why his quote last month pissed me off.

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:28 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
hobbes wrote:
warchief wrote:Now we have a fresh quote to chew on. This time from Gruber! I shortened this a bit in the middle, but you'll get the gist of it. "Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell."

Not sure how to interpret this? But it doesn't sound good.....Great... Two onwers on the same team who know how to stick their foot in their mouths!



That's definitely a quote from the Cohan/Rowell mold. We don't care if we win or not, just want to be interesting and sell tickets. He should know better.



I think if you watch the whole thing you would understand that he is talking about his role in the ownership group. He specifically said his role has nothing to do with with the basketball efforts, thats Joe's fortee, his role is the customer experience... the ambiance, the presentation, the sounds, music, food... etc. And then the product, what is probably the most important thing, the Team itself needs to be good. But that is not his area.

Bottom line is he is the one who wants to put it all togther, and he wants to make more then just money... he wants to make success. He wants to be the team that sells out every night and has thousands of fans in the Bay Area, in California, in the US and the world. He wants to be that team that works hard, is an underdog and goes from bottom to top. That right there is drama, the evolution of a good team. From going to poor, to almost, to having hope, to getting over the hump, to king of the castle! That is what I see him as talking about drama. He is into the story, of how we are going to become a contender.

Bottom line, he knows in the end if he really wants to make "magic", that they are going to have to have a team that is competative. So, if his goal is to create an unbelievable fan experience, then winning games is going to have to be part of that. The fact that they are doing this many interviews, that they are this public, only bodes well for the team. It shows that they are driven, and are willing to put their name, faces and reputation on the line. They want to win games, trust me. We will be playoff contenders. There may be a learning curve, but I don't think not being a playoff team is what these guys envision.


=D> Well said sir.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Rookie
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 pm
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
hobbes wrote:
warchief wrote:Now we have a fresh quote to chew on. This time from Gruber! I shortened this a bit in the middle, but you'll get the gist of it. "Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell."

Not sure how to interpret this? But it doesn't sound good.....Great... Two onwers on the same team who know how to stick their foot in their mouths!



That's definitely a quote from the Cohan/Rowell mold. We don't care if we win or not, just want to be interesting and sell tickets. He should know better.



I think if you watch the whole thing you would understand that he is talking about his role in the ownership group. He specifically said his role has nothing to do with with the basketball efforts, thats Joe's fortee, his role is the customer experience... the ambiance, the presentation, the sounds, music, food... etc. And then the product, what is probably the most important thing, the Team itself needs to be good. But that is not his area.

Bottom line is he is the one who wants to put it all togther, and he wants to make more then just money... he wants to make success. He wants to be the team that sells out every night and has thousands of fans in the Bay Area, in California, in the US and the world. He wants to be that team that works hard, is an underdog and goes from bottom to top. That right there is drama, the evolution of a good team. From going to poor, to almost, to having hope, to getting over the hump, to king of the castle! That is what I see him as talking about drama. He is into the story, of how we are going to become a contender.

Bottom line, he knows in the end if he really wants to make "magic", that they are going to have to have a team that is competative. So, if his goal is to create an unbelievable fan experience, then winning games is going to have to be part of that. The fact that they are doing this many interviews, that they are this public, only bodes well for the team. It shows that they are driven, and are willing to put their name, faces and reputation on the line. They want to win games, trust me. We will be playoff contenders. There may be a learning curve, but I don't think not being a playoff team is what these guys envision.

One season down and 3 more to go to put better results than this season. Fans have been patient enough to see mediocrity basketball for awhile now. I think we need to better results from the team or else this is just a lot of hot air that they are blowing.

Rookie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:23 pm
Poster Credit: -2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:38 pm
warchief wrote:hey, cohan was terrible, but he never said one negative thing about warriors fans. lacob's been owner for a fistful of months, and he puts his foot in his mouth and takes a huge bite. i'm surprised he can still walk. i'm waiting for an explanation lacob. until i get one i wont go to another warrior game.


In 10 years, the Cohan era will be remembered as the good old days.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest