We have come in peace!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm
When I read Pawno's post, I first thought:"I didn't know Hobbes was a Raider fan before"...and after I read the end, where he states that Hobbes is coming around to be a Raider fan again, then I realized for sure it was all bullshit. :)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:56 pm
Hobbes is a raider fan... C'mon man admit it :-)

yeah actually as a international raider fan, i want them to move back to L.A into a stadium where the fans would support the team (not the bloody L.A Coliseum, a stadium which all of L.A would embrace)

But obviously I don't say that in the carpark at Oakland Coliseum, I'd be hung alive.

Hey Hobbes is the new Santa Clara stadium going to be more convienent for you living on the Pennisula?
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 pm
I am pretty much right in between Candlestick and Santa Clara. That being said, I would much rather have a new stadium, and I would guess getting in and out of Santa Clara would be much easier. As you know, the Stick, as much as it has sentimental value for me (I was there for The Catch, among other great games) is a dump.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 pm
Welcome to the board, Crocoduck... I live in Sacramento as well (so I see the daily reports on how the kings are probably bolting to Anaheim)... I hope the Kings don't leave. For Northern California's sake. I like it how we have 2 teams up here (though i am not a kings fan, i like having 1 sports team in the area (well, we still have the rivercats!).

I would wait and see what happens to the team before you make the switch, but if they do leave, the warriors are the most logical choice geographically.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:37 pm
Yeah, I just don't understand what's to be expected with the move...I guess money has everything to do with it. Do people think the Kings will be more popular and bring in more fans in the Anaheim area? There's already an LA Kings (hockey) for *** sake. Plus, I thought Anaheim teams were owned by Disney at some point...probably not, but seems that way. I'm a fan of the Ducks and Angels...but a basket ball team moving down there just seems redundant. Crocoduck - why would we be upset if the Kings moved to San Jose? Is that just what the owner said? I haven't seen that anywhere..

Welcome nonetheless! Are you still not sure if you're becoming a fan? Or are you definitely trying to make the move to the Golden side?
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:14 am
The Maloofs are two-timing idiots. I hope the Lakers and Clippers block the move to the LA area. LA does NOT need 3 basketball teams. The Kings are already the most moved sports team in American history (from rochester, cincinnati, kansas city-omaha, sacramento, and now Anaheim).

The NBA is crumbling because they depend on public funding from all their arenas. With this recession, no taxpayer is going to approve funding for an arena at this time. MLB and NFL have owners who are more than willling to pay full tab for their stadiums, not the NBA. The NBA's business model needs work, and the Maloofs who are STILL hoping for public funding for a new arena will be moving because of it.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:00 pm
if the kings will NOT stay in sac (I'll miss those norcal rivals-- always had great fans, even though the number are down in recent years)
they should move to Seattle-- which wont happen without a new arena
Damn.....
Um anywhere but LA? please, I'd rather they move up to Canada, give Vancouver another shot, than L freakin A with the clipps and Lakers...
At least if the kings ever win,
disneyland won't be far away.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:04 pm
Seattle kept rights for SuperSonics, so I don't see them taking Kings as their team, if they don't change name and colors, and I can't either see Kings doing that, so Seattle is not an option, IMO.

Vancouver (or Canada in general) is good idea though, but I don't know how much are they interested. Probably 3 teams in LA is a safest bet. At least they won't be Los Angeles Kings officially.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:39 pm
Knightofoceans, I think I heard about Lacob's resistance to share the bay area market on talk radio, but I'm preaty sure he wen't on the record about it. I'll try to dig it up for you.

I think the move is stricly buisness. The Maloofs are broke, struggling in every aspect of their empire including the one time gold mine Palms. I would speculate that the money is not going to come from general fan attendance, but from corporate sponsorships (such as luxory boxes) and lucrative TV and radio deals (keep in mind Fox just lost the Lakers). Their also just tenents at the pond, at what I think will be a cheap rate because the Ducks owner really wants an NBA team. Orange County is a minimum 2 hours away from L.A., probably 3 during rush hour, so I'll go out on a limb and say that general fan attendance will be just as good, if not better, than it's been the last 2 years in Sac.

Mr. Crackerz, you bring up a great point about the arenas. It seems like the NFL is structured to give all teams a shot at being competitive, where the NBA seems to enjoy watching only their large markets be succesfull. This may be why NFL owners are more likely to invest in their own stadiums. I've heard that their is a good chance that the NBA is going to restructure to a system more like the NFL, which is good for us. We will all have to wait and see.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:52 am
Whatever happened to Crocoducks? He stuck with the Kings in the end? :)
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball