Monta + our 1st Round Pick for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:35 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
migya wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
migya wrote:
WarriorHawk87 wrote:I don't know if people check this thread often, but what about playing off of the trades that just happened in Denver? I read that the Nuggets are going to try to shop around both Felton and Gallinari. I think Felton would be a great fit for the Warriors. He is a true point guard and would actually try to create for other players on a consistent basis. I know we have Monta and Curry but neither of them are true PG's and I don't think this team can last too much longer with both of them playing together. I think we could shop Monta to Denver for Felton and maybe try to get Gallinari as well. I know we have a lot of 3 point shooters but this guy is also tall and can get his fair amount of rebounds. He is also a young, coveted talent and would be valuable to possibly shop around to other teams down the line. I also know that the Nuggets want to use Lawson and Affalo at their guard spots and would maybe give up Felton for a bargain price. Please let me know if this logic is way off, I'm not well versed in trade economics.

Personally I wouldn't replace Curry at PG unless we got a better PG in return or at least one that is pretty good and another great player coming with him. Denver has noone else that would do for us in any trade involving Monta or Curry, which ever way

Don't wanna stray too far off the actual topic, but let me throw this out there and it can be moved if needed. We've had a season and a half to evaluate. Do you continue with the Monta and Curry backcourt? Because to me it still looks (MOST OF THE TIME) like we have 2 shooting guards with one playing out of position. That's not taking into account the defensive liability of two players around the 6-foot mark in the backcourt. Monta still sems to be the piece that most people are willing to part with, but I gotta say and I have been a past Monta detractor that the on-the court results this year have Monta as much more valuable than Curry. Would be interested to get you guys' thoughts on this as you all really seem to have your shite together as far as keeping perspective through up and down runs with this team.

Curry looked like a real PG last season, but now seems like he has fallen into the me first attitude somewhat, at least not playing like a PG like he should. I still do think, if he is motivated and told to do so, that he'll be a great PG again, that's why I'd rather trade Monta, that and Monta has much higher value right now.

I still think trying to trade Monta for Chris Paul is the way to go, if it can be done, but even Curry and filler for Paul would be great. I mentioned such trades for Paul last season and now maybe it is more realistic

Do you not feel like the fix is in and he already intends to go to the Knicks as soon as he's free? Just has that Heatles conspiracy feel to me with 2 of 3 pieces already in place. Don't know how it works money-wise at this point.

That's a real good point and to be honest, I missed that completely. Think you have it right and that stinks for the team.

I actually think the FO should be looking to trade Curry immediately, he could really just leave for nothing later

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:05 pm
So, we need a center, that's painfully obvious now. And after the match against Timberwolves I realized that Milicic would be great for Warriors.
Again, I had a chance to watch him play before he came to the NBA, and I thought even then that he went too early. I don't know why he got picked 2nd overall back then, but I guess it was solely because of his potential. In the right systems he can be a true starting caliber center. He had his ups and downs, some ruined years at the beginning in Detroit, but he definitely has tools, both on offense and defense. He bulked up a lot during his time in the NBA. Has some good offensive moves, but he's still quite young, and can learn a bit more. His defense is why I want him here.
You could have seen how big of an influence he has on the whole team when they've beat us. He played only 12 minutes (I can't understand some coaches, really), and they had +24 during his time in the game. Sometimes he plays 12 minutes, and doesn't look good on the stats (even though he makes a difference even if he's in for a quarter), and when given time, he can put up 20+ points and 10+ rebounds easily. Though, he is not consistent, that much is true.

Anyway, he would be great in pair with Lee, and he could close the paint, he is big and strong, and still saved his quickness. Good blocker as well. So, if Timberwolves are not giving him enough time to play, and see him as a rotation kind of guy, I reckon we could get him from them. I don't know what we would have to give away, but I guess it wouldn't be a lot. They got Pekovic (one more guy from these parts) as his substitute, and they play pretty much the same.

I know many are not fans of Darko, but I think he could be the best fix, and for a smallest price. What do you think?
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:37 pm
Guybrush wrote:So, we need a center, that's painfully obvious now. And after the match against Timberwolves I realized that Milicic would be great for Warriors.
Again, I had a chance to watch him play before he came to the NBA, and I thought even then that he went too early. I don't know why he got picked 2nd overall back then, but I guess it was solely because of his potential. In the right systems he can be a true starting caliber center. He had his ups and downs, some ruined years at the beginning in Detroit, but he definitely has tools, both on offense and defense. He bulked up a lot during his time in the NBA. Has some good offensive moves, but he's still quite young, and can learn a bit more. His defense is why I want him here.
You could have seen how big of an influence he has on the whole team when they've beat us. He played only 12 minutes (I can't understand some coaches, really), and they had +24 during his time in the game. Sometimes he plays 12 minutes, and doesn't look good on the stats (even though he makes a difference even if he's in for a quarter), and when given time, he can put up 20+ points and 10+ rebounds easily. Though, he is not consistent, that much is true.

Anyway, he would be great in pair with Lee, and he could close the paint, he is big and strong, and still saved his quickness. Good blocker as well. So, if Timberwolves are not giving him enough time to play, and see him as a rotation kind of guy, I reckon we could get him from them. I don't know what we would have to give away, but I guess it wouldn't be a lot. They got Pekovic (one more guy from these parts) as his substitute, and they play pretty much the same.

I know many are not fans of Darko, but I think he could be the best fix, and for a smallest price. What do you think?

I'm open to anything beyond Beidrins. He is a MASSIVE disappointment and will never get it together here, he'll have to go somewhere else to be reborn.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:59 am
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
Guybrush wrote:So, we need a center, that's painfully obvious now. And after the match against Timberwolves I realized that Milicic would be great for Warriors.

I'm open to anything beyond Beidrins. He is a MASSIVE disappointment and will never get it together here, he'll have to go somewhere else to be reborn.

Darko is still unproven and a huge risk. He just hasn't been consistent enough or done enough for me. I'd rather trade one of the great guards for that star big. Guards are much easier to find than great bigs

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 pm
All of you Darko proponents, do you not think that it will take either a massive amount of money or players to get him away from Minnesota? The T-wolves put a lot of money into Darko and they will not just give him up for a few bench players. His value is way overinflated and there is no way we can get a deal on him in the near future.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 pm
WarriorHawk87 wrote:All of you Darko proponents, do you not think that it will take either a massive amount of money or players to get him away from Minnesota? The T-wolves put a lot of money into Darko and they will not just give him up for a few bench players. His value is way overinflated and there is no way we can get a deal on him in the near future.

I don't care about Darko. I would setle for Turiaf back; ANYBODY instead of Beidrins. I'm ashamed to let my son see the way he plays scared.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 am
Not sure why everyone is so intrigued by Marc Gasol. He's not a scorer (11.6 points) and he's not a rebounder (6.8 boards). He doesn't run the floor well and not a shot blocker. As bad as Andris Biedrins is, he's averaging 7 rebounds a game while playing 10 less minutes than Gasol. Besides, Gasol is an unrestricted free agent so trading him in combination with another player doesn't work in sign and trade deals.

I would give up Ellis for an early lottery pick while keeping their own. The Kings are well under the cap and could use a guy like Ellis to put in the backcourt with Tyreke Evans. Evans is 6'5 and both could share the ball handling and scoring duties. The Kings are currently projected with the 4th pick of the draft

4th Pick = Perry Jones - 6'10 SF Baylor

Even if Barnes declared, although it seems as if he's going back to UNC for another year, I'd still take Jones over him. PJ has much more upside. At 6'10-6'11, he can handle the ball better than most guards. Has a nice all around offensive game that includes some decent post moves and a baby hook. Can finish with either hand and is a highlight reel waiting to happen with his athletic ability and length. Scouts have compared him to Tracy McGrady, but I see him with Kevin Durant type upside. NBA Comparison: Best Case: Kevin Durant : Worse Case: Travis Outlaw

11th pick (their own) = Alec Burks - 6'6 SG Colorado

A top notch athlete with great all around skills. A very active player that can play the point guard position as well. A good rebounder from the wing position and a tough defender. He'll pass the ball, but can score at a high rate as well. NBA Comparison: Best Case: Andre Iguodala : Worse Case: Keith Bogans

44th pick (second round) = Nikola Mirotic - 6'10 SF/PF Real Madrid

An excellent shooter and solid ball handler for his size. Not the best rebounder or defensive player, but he can really shoot the ball. Would be a nice guy to come in off the bench if they need to extend the defense. NBA Comparison: Best Case: Ryan Anderson : Worse case: Ryan Anderson

This would give the Warriors a chance to build through the draft.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Jeremy Lin
SG Alec Burks - Reggie Williams - Charlie Bell
SF Perry Jones - Dorell Wright - Al Thornton
PF David Lee - Ekpe Udoh - Nikola Mirotic
C Andris Biedrins - Lou Amundson
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:Not sure why everyone is so intrigued by Marc Gasol. He's not a scorer (11.6 points) and he's not a rebounder (6.8 boards). He doesn't run the floor well and not a shot blocker. As bad as Andris Biedrins is, he's averaging 7 rebounds a game while playing 10 less minutes than Gasol. Besides, Gasol is an unrestricted free agent so trading him in combination with another player doesn't work in sign and trade deals.

I would give up Ellis for an early lottery pick while keeping their own. The Kings are well under the cap and could use a guy like Ellis to put in the backcourt with Tyreke Evans. Evans is 6'5 and both could share the ball handling and scoring duties. The Kings are currently projected with the 4th pick of the draft

4th Pick = Perry Jones - 6'10 SF Baylor

Even if Barnes declared, although it seems as if he's going back to UNC for another year, I'd still take Jones over him. PJ has much more upside. At 6'10-6'11, he can handle the ball better than most guards. Has a nice all around offensive game that includes some decent post moves and a baby hook. Can finish with either hand and is a highlight reel waiting to happen with his athletic ability and length. Scouts have compared him to Tracy McGrady, but I see him with Kevin Durant type upside. NBA Comparison: Best Case: Kevin Durant : Worse Case: Travis Outlaw

11th pick (their own) = Alec Burks - 6'6 SG Colorado

A top notch athlete with great all around skills. A very active player that can play the point guard position as well. A good rebounder from the wing position and a tough defender. He'll pass the ball, but can score at a high rate as well. NBA Comparison: Best Case: Andre Iguodala : Worse Case: Keith Bogans

44th pick (second round) = Nikola Mirotic - 6'10 SF/PF Real Madrid

An excellent shooter and solid ball handler for his size. Not the best rebounder or defensive player, but he can really shoot the ball. Would be a nice guy to come in off the bench if they need to extend the defense. NBA Comparison: Best Case: Ryan Anderson : Worse case: Ryan Anderson

This would give the Warriors a chance to build through the draft.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Jeremy Lin
SG Alec Burks - Reggie Williams - Charlie Bell
SF Perry Jones - Dorell Wright - Al Thornton
PF David Lee - Ekpe Udoh - Nikola Mirotic
C Andris Biedrins - Lou Amundson

That's some deep thinking. Nice research!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:19 pm
MGasol has been a real disappointment this season and I think something wrong is going on there in relation to him and his situation. He was much better last season and I don't see why such a drop off. As is, I am over wanting him, he has just dropped too much and it is dangerous getting him as he is I think. I'd prefer to go for BLopez, b likely he's near untouchable now that the Nets have Deron to go with him. Really hard to think of a big man that is attainable and probably would fit in well here, though Horford is up there for me.

I don't want another rookie, let alone trade our best asset, Monta, for one

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:25 pm
migya wrote:MGasol has been a real disappointment this season and I think something wrong is going on there in relation to him and his situation. He was much better last season and I don't see why such a drop off. As is, I am over wanting him, he has just dropped too much and it is dangerous getting him as he is I think. I'd prefer to go for BLopez, b likely he's near untouchable now that the Nets have Deron to go with him. Really hard to think of a big man that is attainable and probably would fit in well here, though Horford is up there for me.

I am with you there, i don't think trading our best asset for a rockie would be a good idea. Even more so considering your not getting a sure thing like other years where you had B. Griffin, or Rose as the #1 overall picks. The #1 overall pick this year won't be as good as previous years.

I would rather us use our first round pick to trade for a center. Or try and see if we can get someone with promise via free agency such as Oden, Dalembert or Chandler. I like udoh, but I think he would be best at PF spot.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:19 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
migya wrote:MGasol has been a real disappointment this season and I think something wrong is going on there in relation to him and his situation. He was much better last season and I don't see why such a drop off. As is, I am over wanting him, he has just dropped too much and it is dangerous getting him as he is I think. I'd prefer to go for BLopez, b likely he's near untouchable now that the Nets have Deron to go with him. Really hard to think of a big man that is attainable and probably would fit in well here, though Horford is up there for me.

I am with you there, i don't think trading our best asset for a rockie would be a good idea. Even more so considering your not getting a sure thing like other years where you had B. Griffin, or Rose as the #1 overall picks. The #1 overall pick this year won't be as good as previous years.

I would rather us use our first round pick to trade for a center. Or try and see if we can get someone with promise via free agency such as Oden, Dalembert or Chandler. I like udoh, but I think he would be best at PF spot.

Oden, if he comes cheaply, which I don't think he will, would be a good try, if just to see what he can do. I'd rather TChandler, but for no more than 6 million a year and no more than three years, I just think that guy is going to regress

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:29 pm
Its rather easy to say this or that about getting a center, but the truth is, a team isn't going to let go of a "good center". A good center is a highly sought after commodity in this league which is why teams pay a guy like Joel Pryzbilla $7M a year and someone like Andris Biedrins gets $9M a year. Look at the recent paydays of guys like Dalembert, Kaman, Dasagna Diop, or Nazr Mohammed and you'll see that all those guys aren't really worth their paychecks. Maybe Kaman if he wasn't always injured, but we'll be talking about $12.5M next season. In fact, the shortage of centers have teams playing power forwards in the middle. Houston has a 6'7, Chuck Hayes playing center. Then you have guys like Stoudemire, Horford, Noah, Aldridge, Nene, McDyess, Wilcox and Al Jefferson all PFs playing out of position. Some have been successful and others like Stoudemire, Horford and Aldridge are just waiting for their teams to get a center.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:50 am
Ellis
D Wright
Udoh

to Bulls

for

Deng
J. Noah

curry / jenkins
klay / r. williams
deng / al thornton
d lee / jeff adrien
noah / amundson / j.tyler

D Rose
Ellis
D Wright
Boozer
Asik
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:21 am
rockyBeli wrote:Ellis
D Wright
Udoh

to Bulls

for

Deng
J. Noah

curry / jenkins
klay / r. williams
deng / al thornton
d lee / jeff adrien

D Rose
Ellis
D Wright
Boozer
Asik

They won't do it. Also, I don't want a rookie as the starting SG. The team will go backwards with a rookie starting unless the rest of the starting five were real good

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:52 am
migya wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:Ellis
D Wright
Udoh

to Bulls

for

Deng
J. Noah

curry / jenkins
klay / r. williams
deng / al thornton
d lee / jeff adrien

D Rose
Ellis
D Wright
Boozer
Asik

They won't do it. Also, I don't want a rookie as the starting SG. The team will go backwards with a rookie starting unless the rest of the starting five were real good

Curry/Deng/Lee/Noah would be "real good" ... don't get what you're saying?
PreviousNext

Return to Trades