D. Lee earning his keep?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:17 pm
If he can star consistently putitng up double doubles, we will start wining for sure. And we won't hear to many poeple complain about his contract.... hopefully. Here is him on NBATV after the win vs. jersey.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2011/01/17/20110117_arenalink_lee.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2#
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:If he can star consistently putitng up double doubles, we will start wining for sure. And we won't hear to many poeple complain about his contract.... hopefully. Here is him on NBATV after the win vs. jersey.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2011/01/17/20110117_arenalink_lee.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2#

(humm... i'm qouting my self... that is funny).

I'll give David Lee this, he sure is the best talker on the team. He could have a career as a Media guy after his playing days are over.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 pm
As of right now I would say no, but I think that's mostly due to fitting in with a new team and even moreso dealing with that elbow injury. I am hoping he'll improve as the season goes along. Good chemistry guy though, hard not to like him.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:56 pm
David Lee is coming around no doubt and we need that, the injury did set him back. Plus am also certain he was not 100% after he came back but look good now.

What I have noticed is this, the warriors are going to him in the post more often and with favorable results, he is able to convert or dish out to open shooters. Even his jumper is coming around, I think they over-paid a bit, but as long as the team is winning that's all that matters really.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:54 am
I'd have to say YES after that great performance against the Thunder--is 21 points and 19 rebounds enough? He has looked good in the few games I've been able to watch-the team seems to be in a good groove when he's in hitting the boards and as was noted earlier his shot is coming around. Both Ellis and Curry really looked impressive, it was nice to see the Dubs get a win against Oklahoma City. They hung in there tough in the last minute and did what they needed to do to win. I agree, if Lee performs consistently and gets those double doubles we should be winning alot more after the all-star break.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:09 am
I like david lee. He isn't the problem. Beans is. And a quality bench is what is lacking. We cannot rely on 46 minute nights from Lee, Curry, and Ellis.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 am
dlee is fifth among PFs in double-double category and that including his after injury play plus adjusting to smaller role after NY. also he's a good passer. thus offensively he's really very good. with udoh on defense together with him, his play on that end can be acceptable or (deficiences) hidden.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 pm
I really like how Curry and Lee have been playing together lately. They seem to have a good report with each other with the pick and rolls and kick outs. Monta isn't quite the passer that Curry is but he is also playing pretty well with Lee.

Of course the problem is consistency. It would not surprise me at all if Lee comes out tonight and does nothing, it just happens to most players on this team. Hopefully if he isn't hitting his shots he can at least get some boards, hopefully 10 or more. That is what this team needs more than scoring: tough, consistent rebounding.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 pm
Yeah, consistency is a huge issue - play well against a tough opponent one night, then get your ass handed to you by a mediocre team the next. The Thunder game was a awesome glimpse into what we are capable of. Let's hope Lee continues to rebound, Ellis keeps up the scoring, Curry limits his TOs and the bench can contribute.

I really like Lee's midrange jumper, we need to be looking for him in those cold streaks.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 pm
I wouldn't expect games like OKC every night. They have one of the weakest if not the weakest frontcourt in the NBA. However, he is definitely our best PF since Webber left. I like his passing and bbiq but would like to see him at least challenge some more shots on defense, or improve his man to man defense by funneling his players into our shotblockers more.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:06 pm
Trade him along with one or two others for a real PF, one that plays defense as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:07 am
David Lee's numbers in the DEFENSE are quitely popping up in the boxscores.. It's been appearing as of late his been getting multiple steals & blocks.

But still that doesn't make up for the fact that He will let a guy like Lamarcus Aldridge walk right by and put in a quiet 35 points and double digit rebounds.

David Lee rebounds with the best of them, pity he's like a turnstile to the bucket!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:39 pm
migya wrote:Trade him along with one or two others for a real PF, one that plays defense as well

No team would take David Lee's $80 million contract in any trade.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:15 am
uptempo wrote:
migya wrote:Trade him along with one or two others for a real PF, one that plays defense as well

I disagree, he has value and quite a fair bit. It's worth trying and trying hard, but the team invested in him so they'll likely keep him

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 am
migya wrote:
uptempo wrote:

I disagree, he has value and quite a fair bit. It's worth trying and trying hard, but the team invested in him so they'll likely keep him

I, too, like David Lee; however, his $80 million contract ties up too much money into one player who does not address the need for an inside player.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball