Game Thread: Boston Celtics @ Warriors 2011-02-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend to a four game winning streak?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 pm

YES
70%
NO
30%

Total votes : 10

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 pm
This team is still a long ways off. The celtics are a great team and they are much better than the warriors, so it's not as if the warriors should have won this game. As long as the warriors can get it together and put another win streak together they will be alright.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:32 pm
Guybrush wrote:
fullmetalx wrote:Again Celtics def is good overall team defense all five of their starters can play team def. They don't steal the ball but they always front the players they are guarding, challenge the shots throughout the game. Warriors def can't handle PG who can run the team with pieces around the PG. David Lee is not an all star Stern put him in for reserve an under size PF who gives you hustle I like it, but not for what we are paying for his contract. He can't guard bigger 4 who is athletic and have the same Rebounding mentality as him.

Warriors are often off position on defense, cause of double teaming (which is a lot of times uncalled for), and because they are trying to jump the ball. That's why we can see Ray Allen standing all alone in the corner waiting to sink one more three pointer.

And, I like Lee, I really do, but somehow, I'm getting more and more pissed. Two reasons, first one being that he's unable to score from the inside when there's someone just near him, and the second, that he can't grab rebounds consistently. I saw more 5 rebound games from him than 10+.

Acie Law played way too much, Smart better have let Bell in for some time, cause Law gets lost/crazy after a while. Radmanovic played too little, but for some reason, he was in when the game was on the line, Monta was off, Reggie as well.

I like David Lee, but I'm not in love with him he is a good complementary player who getting paid like he the best or second best player. He an under size PF who gives you hustle, consistency, and rebounding better than the previous PF like Randolph. The only problem is he can beat PF like Jeff Green, but against PF like Garnett who bigger and can slow or neutralize David Lee. Maybe Warriors thought AB would recover and help out David Lee out, but AB is not doing much playing like a bench player. Warrior def is good, but against good PG who can run the team and has weapons to pass they will stink. Warriors need a starting Center, SF, and another big guard who can play def.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm
i think this was lost on the coaching end. strangely, why would you have curry run offense when the one he passes to is acie law who can't hit **** to save his life? should be another way around. ellis seemed out of focus. maybe rumours that he was offered for aldridge (which portland declined) got to him. nad yeah, celtics are better, especially when we can't hit shot in 8+ minutes. should have run more and got easier buckets in second half (multiple times) to get them young guys going.

p.s. the two usually easy layups for monta that went off was a huge morale killer.

tough bitches are those celtics.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:02 am
fullmetalx wrote:
Guybrush wrote:
fullmetalx wrote:Again Celtics def is good overall team defense all five of their starters can play team def. They don't steal the ball but they always front the players they are guarding, challenge the shots throughout the game. Warriors def can't handle PG who can run the team with pieces around the PG. David Lee is not an all star Stern put him in for reserve an under size PF who gives you hustle I like it, but not for what we are paying for his contract. He can't guard bigger 4 who is athletic and have the same Rebounding mentality as him.

Warriors are often off position on defense, cause of double teaming (which is a lot of times uncalled for), and because they are trying to jump the ball. That's why we can see Ray Allen standing all alone in the corner waiting to sink one more three pointer.

And, I like Lee, I really do, but somehow, I'm getting more and more pissed. Two reasons, first one being that he's unable to score from the inside when there's someone just near him, and the second, that he can't grab rebounds consistently. I saw more 5 rebound games from him than 10+.

Acie Law played way too much, Smart better have let Bell in for some time, cause Law gets lost/crazy after a while. Radmanovic played too little, but for some reason, he was in when the game was on the line, Monta was off, Reggie as well.

I like David Lee, but I'm not in love with him he is a good complementary player who getting paid like he the best or second best player. He an under size PF who gives you hustle, consistency, and rebounding better than the previous PF like Randolph. The only problem is he can beat PF like Jeff Green, but against PF like Garnett who bigger and can slow or neutralize David Lee. Maybe Warriors thought AB would recover and help out David Lee out, but AB is not doing much playing like a bench player. Warrior def is good, but against good PG who can run the team and has weapons to pass they will stink. Warriors need a starting Center, SF, and another big guard who can play def.

BINGO on the need for new C, Small forward, and big guard. Law helped in the run in 1st half, but WAY too many minutes for him. I'm on board with giving Udoh the Bulk of the minutes (as opposed to AB). The defensive intensity ratcheted WAY up when he was in. Energy and blocked shots really a noticeable difference. Beidrins gives practically nothing. So what if he becomes a way high-priced backup C? Won't be the 1st time it's happened to anyone (Maggette). Saw some good things but good teams can sustain that over longer periods. Going into look-forward-to-next-year mode, I think it's a lock Smart is gone. Not a brilliant strategist. Was disappointed in the way Lee clanked all those early close contested shots. Use your strong hand and try to finish. Worst that happens is it gets blocked. Don't take the 17-footer bait.
Previous

Return to Game Threads