Monta + our 1st Round Pick for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:55 pm
Chum wrote:
migya wrote:Saying all that, the Centers I'd prefer are MGasol, Love, BLopez or AJefferson, probably in that order, since AJefferson may well not recover from his injury and surgery

That's exactly what my list looks like. Same order and same view on Big Al.

The only way we have a shot at Gasol/Love/Lopez is by trading Monta and probably our first round pick. I think most would say we are overpaying, maybe, but that's the only way we are getting one of those guys. Al could maybe come with Monta plus another player like Azu or Morrow.

You know what, if we can't trade without giving up more than we get, NO TRADING.

I'm not for making other teams better.

Truth is that any of the mentioned good bigs, MGasol/Love/BLopez/AJefferson, would instantly make the team better. Heck, their current teams are all pretty bad and they have as much talent if not more on those teams than our team had this season with all the injuries, so that shows they are not instant changers themselves.

I'd prefer to go with what we have right now, with less injuries ofcourse, rather than give alot for less

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:15 pm
Iggy+ 2nd. Wait nvm.
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 pm
monta and randolph for gasol and mayo. get randolph's replacement at #6.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:44 am
warchief wrote:monta and randolph for gasol and mayo. get randolph's replacement at #6.

I'd actually pull the trigger on this trade. Even more so if it was a sign n trade with Gay instead of Mayo. But the original thought still stands. Even if the person we pick at #6 needed time to develop, Gasol at 4 and Biedrins and 5 is pretty sick when you're looking at it as an opposing squad. Or we can even use the pick to try and get a SF to back up Maggs, whether drafting them or trading the pick.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm
Chum wrote:Monta + Our first round draft pick
for
Marc Gasol + OJ mayo + Hamed Haddadi

This trade should work. Would you take this trade?

I know this thread is ancient, but...
Think I read something the other day that the Nets have our next kajillion conditional 1st round picks, so we can't trade a first-rounder till 2014? Will try to dig up where i read that, but it was something they said Mullin did while he was here.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
for

Think I read something the other day that the Nets have our next kajillion conditional 1st round picks, so we can't trade a first-rounder till 2014? Will try to dig up where i read that, but it was something they said Mullin did while he was here.

They got or 2012 draft pick when we aquired Marques Willams. What a horrible trade since he never played for us. We cannot trade 2 consecutive draft picks so that is why the next 1st round draft pick we can trade is the 2014 one.

THe pick is top 7 protected, meaning if we are one of the bottom seven teams going into the draft, we keep the pick.
I doubt we will be that bad, we might even make the playoffs next season, so that draft pick hopefully won't even be a lottery pick. If we do manage to get worse and are one of the worse teams, then we keep our pick, and they get the following years pick.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
for

They got or 2012 draft pick when we aquired Marques Willams. What a horrible trade since he never played for us. We cannot trade 2 consecutive draft picks so that is why the next 1st round draft pick we can trade is the 2014 one.

THe pick is top 7 protected, meaning if we are one of the bottom seven teams going into the draft, we keep the pick.
I doubt we will be that bad, we might even make the playoffs next season, so that draft pick hopefully won't even be a lottery pick. If we do manage to get worse and are one of the worse teams, then we keep our pick, and they get the following years pick.

As sh%tty as this year's class is reputed to be, this could work out best if we are not a lottery team and the pick goes to the Nets this year as opposed to down the road then, right?
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:26 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
for

As sh%tty as this year's class is reputed to be, this could work out best if we are not a lottery team and the pick goes to the Nets this year as opposed to down the road then, right?

It is not this years 2011 draft they get. They get the draft after next season, 2012. Becuase of that we can not trade the 2011 or 2013 draft picks. On draft day we can pick someone and then trade him, essentially using that to create space with experience that we would like. Or we can keep him and then just use the mid level exception to add another pieces to the bench.

The good thing is that the season after this we will probably be a playoff team, so what ever the pick is, it won't probably be anything significant.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
for

It is not this years 2011 draft they get. They get the draft after next season, 2012. Becuase of that we can not trade the 2011 or 2013 draft picks. On draft day we can pick someone and then trade him, essentially using that to create space with experience that we would like. Or we can keep him and then just use the mid level exception to add another pieces to the bench.

The good thing is that the season after this we will probably be a playoff team, so what ever the pick is, it won't probably be anything significant.

To quote Kris Kristofferson in Mel Gibson's "Payback", "You're one hell of an optimist"!!!! Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS?!?!?!...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 am
I don't know if people check this thread often, but what about playing off of the trades that just happened in Denver? I read that the Nuggets are going to try to shop around both Felton and Gallinari. I think Felton would be a great fit for the Warriors. He is a true point guard and would actually try to create for other players on a consistent basis. I know we have Monta and Curry but neither of them are true PG's and I don't think this team can last too much longer with both of them playing together. I think we could shop Monta to Denver for Felton and maybe try to get Gallinari as well. I know we have a lot of 3 point shooters but this guy is also tall and can get his fair amount of rebounds. He is also a young, coveted talent and would be valuable to possibly shop around to other teams down the line. I also know that the Nuggets want to use Lawson and Affalo at their guard spots and would maybe give up Felton for a bargain price. Please let me know if this logic is way off, I'm not well versed in trade economics.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:11 am
WarriorHawk87 wrote:I don't know if people check this thread often, but what about playing off of the trades that just happened in Denver? I read that the Nuggets are going to try to shop around both Felton and Gallinari. I think Felton would be a great fit for the Warriors. He is a true point guard and would actually try to create for other players on a consistent basis. I know we have Monta and Curry but neither of them are true PG's and I don't think this team can last too much longer with both of them playing together. I think we could shop Monta to Denver for Felton and maybe try to get Gallinari as well. I know we have a lot of 3 point shooters but this guy is also tall and can get his fair amount of rebounds. He is also a young, coveted talent and would be valuable to possibly shop around to other teams down the line. I also know that the Nuggets want to use Lawson and Affalo at their guard spots and would maybe give up Felton for a bargain price. Please let me know if this logic is way off, I'm not well versed in trade economics.

Personally I wouldn't replace Curry at PG unless we got a better PG in return or at least one that is pretty good and another great player coming with him. Denver has noone else that would do for us in any trade involving Monta or Curry, which ever way

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 am
migya wrote:
WarriorHawk87 wrote:I don't know if people check this thread often, but what about playing off of the trades that just happened in Denver? I read that the Nuggets are going to try to shop around both Felton and Gallinari. I think Felton would be a great fit for the Warriors. He is a true point guard and would actually try to create for other players on a consistent basis. I know we have Monta and Curry but neither of them are true PG's and I don't think this team can last too much longer with both of them playing together. I think we could shop Monta to Denver for Felton and maybe try to get Gallinari as well. I know we have a lot of 3 point shooters but this guy is also tall and can get his fair amount of rebounds. He is also a young, coveted talent and would be valuable to possibly shop around to other teams down the line. I also know that the Nuggets want to use Lawson and Affalo at their guard spots and would maybe give up Felton for a bargain price. Please let me know if this logic is way off, I'm not well versed in trade economics.

Personally I wouldn't replace Curry at PG unless we got a better PG in return or at least one that is pretty good and another great player coming with him. Denver has noone else that would do for us in any trade involving Monta or Curry, which ever way

Don't wanna stray too far off the actual topic, but let me throw this out there and it can be moved if needed. We've had a season and a half to evaluate. Do you continue with the Monta and Curry backcourt? Because to me it still looks (MOST OF THE TIME) like we have 2 shooting guards with one playing out of position. That's not taking into account the defensive liability of two players around the 6-foot mark in the backcourt. Monta still sems to be the piece that most people are willing to part with, but I gotta say and I have been a past Monta detractor that the on-the court results this year have Monta as much more valuable than Curry. Would be interested to get you guys' thoughts on this as you all really seem to have your shite together as far as keeping perspective through up and down runs with this team.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 pm
I know Monta is "old" and Curry is the young, attractive player on this team, but honestly, Monta is better for this team overall. Monta is only a few years older than Curry and he has proven he can be a good scorer and defender when he's trying to be. I'm beginning to think that Curry may not be the player we all thought he was going to be. He seems to be in foul trouble almost every game now and his nagging injuries never seem to go away. I don't want to jinx Curry or anything but he may be a potential NBA bust, I don't know if his game will translate to this level very well and his durability will seemingly always be an issue given his stature.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
migya wrote:

Don't wanna stray too far off the actual topic, but let me throw this out there and it can be moved if needed. We've had a season and a half to evaluate. Do you continue with the Monta and Curry backcourt? Because to me it still looks (MOST OF THE TIME) like we have 2 shooting guards with one playing out of position. That's not taking into account the defensive liability of two players around the 6-foot mark in the backcourt. Monta still sems to be the piece that most people are willing to part with, but I gotta say and I have been a past Monta detractor that the on-the court results this year have Monta as much more valuable than Curry. Would be interested to get you guys' thoughts on this as you all really seem to have your shite together as far as keeping perspective through up and down runs with this team.

Curry looked like a real PG last season, but now seems like he has fallen into the me first attitude somewhat, at least not playing like a PG like he should. I still do think, if he is motivated and told to do so, that he'll be a great PG again, that's why I'd rather trade Monta, that and Monta has much higher value right now.

I still think trying to trade Monta for Chris Paul is the way to go, if it can be done, but even Curry and filler for Paul would be great. I mentioned such trades for Paul last season and now maybe it is more realistic

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 am
migya wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
migya wrote:

Curry looked like a real PG last season, but now seems like he has fallen into the me first attitude somewhat, at least not playing like a PG like he should. I still do think, if he is motivated and told to do so, that he'll be a great PG again, that's why I'd rather trade Monta, that and Monta has much higher value right now.

I still think trying to trade Monta for Chris Paul is the way to go, if it can be done, but even Curry and filler for Paul would be great. I mentioned such trades for Paul last season and now maybe it is more realistic

Do you not feel like the fix is in and he already intends to go to the Knicks as soon as he's free? Just has that Heatles conspiracy feel to me with 2 of 3 pieces already in place. Don't know how it works money-wise at this point.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades