Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am
PAWNO wrote:OMG.. Al Davis has still got it.

Did anyone see his press conference where he accused Tom Cable of flying in women on the night before away games. HE painted him as a dirty pimp!

I love AD, The dudes a Cheater yet so Classy in the same breath.

CLASSY!?!? You can't be serious. Most people who saw the presser, feel the complete opposite. All of that personal talk about cable was embarrassing to al himself, completely unprofessional and should have never been mentioned. The whole scene was disturbing. I'm left to wonder whether you even saw the presser or question your definition of the word classy is... Al Davis = classless.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 pm
My question is does Al have a son, or somebody that will take over soon ? I mean we can't live forever.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:39 pm
Yeah he has a son, for the raiders' sake, hopefully he isn't nearly as arrogant.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:21 pm
JREED wrote:Yeah he has a son, for the raiders' sake, hopefully he isn't nearly as arrogant.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

[-o< I can only pray, but that saying goes like father like son.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:44 am
I met Mark Davis last year... very cool guy!

From what I heard, He's not as interested in football (he likes a drink and party) We will be ok with him at the helm. he will take a backseat by all indications.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 pm
Al Davis worlds greatest owner... has just inked Rod Woodson to be our new DB coach.

Im ****ing so stoked for this. It helps us keep Nnamdi in uniform as Rod was the O.G who influenece nnamdi development.

I just hope this doesn't mean old man willie is sent to the scrap heap!!!

But the Raiders DB's will transform from a cover orientated backfield with Willie Brown to a hard hitting/helmet flying backfield with Rod Woodson!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:12 pm
Money will be the only thing to keep nnamdi around. And @ al being the worlds best owner - *facepalm*
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:18 am
Im probably feeling a bit modest (best owner reference).. . anyways, i think there's a good chance Nnamdi ends back up in Oakland Colours cause of Rod Woodson & even if he does leave, there'll be some young talented pup/Free Agent who'll looks at coaching staff and reflects back to there childhood and was like Rod was a awesome player, i'm gonna sign a contract to learn from one of the best!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:50 pm
pain in the ass looked at Al throw stupid money on Routt....
give me a break $31 millions for 3 years....this guy only worth $4 millions peryear at most....
i rather pay nnamdi $17 millions than barely good CB
nnamdi is proven CB...one of the best in the league....
The way Al giveaway money like water it makes CBA things more complicated.....
Thats mean owner make a lot of money but they insist said not really...
I just hope no lockout fot next season or i will shoot myself with purple drink
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:21 pm
u got no issue with me here GSW UNITED...

I think it's awful contract. But in saying that least we got Richard Seymour & a good pass rush can make a average cornerback look great.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:27 am
I can't believe how many Wide Receivers & Cornerbacks we took in this draft... Maybe i just think Nnamdi will be back... But good insurance policies in Van Dyke & Chibawa??

The Barnsdale pick we took with New Englands 3rd Rounder justs adds more youth to our line. The WizJr & Barnsdale with Bruce & Veldheer means potentially 4 of 5 youngsters holding the reigns (Jason better hope they gel otherwise he's going to see a lot of sacks.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 pm
yeah, for not having a first rounder, it was a decent draft.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:55 am
payroll scenario aint perfect for the raiders... miller. Aso and Michael Bush all up for paydays.

i think Bush is the msot likely to go.. He and DMC have been a tight running corpse but if Bush lands in a scenario where he is the feature back.. He potentially could be a top 5 or top 10 runningback... I like what the raiders did with this Offensive Line. We got Barksdale and Wieskinewksi as young compotent plug ins and then the emerging sophamoires in bruce cmpbell and jared veldheer.. But if we wanna be a insane running game we need to keep zach miller services.

if Nnamdi stays it will be on less money.. He is the kind of cornerback to do that.. Ive heard he might end up a jet but they got their own salary cap issues with trying to resign santonio holmes and branden edwards. The nfc east is intriguing.. Nut that division leader is always such a seasaw effect year after yeafr.. You never know which team is going to own the divison leader. Ultimatwly... Im bout 60-70 feeling he will stay with Oakland.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:56 am
@Bush - yeah let him go you guys have other options and over paying for a RB is just stupid these days.

@Miller - He's been the most consistent thing you guys have had on Offense over the years, so you need to keep him + good all around TE's are hard to come by these days.

@Nnamdi - 1/100 chances he stays - there is no way a guy that has been seriously low balled by the Raiders will stick around for even less money. How do you figure that he will stay for less money!?! Didn't he opt out or something very close to that effect? Some think he'll become the highest paid defensive player in history - there is no way he doesn't go for his big payday.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:55 pm
JREED wrote:@Nnamdi - 1/100 chances he stays - there is no way a guy that has been seriously low balled by the Raiders will stick around for even less money. How do you figure that he will stay for less money!?! Didn't he opt out or something very close to that effect? Some think he'll become the highest paid defensive player in history - there is no way he doesn't go for his big payday.

Wow bro.. You obviously don't know Nnamdi then.

I think ultimately he will leave, but not just my raider loving ass... there's been proper ESPN. SI media people who say "Nnnamdi's been paid, he might reward Al by coming back at a cheaper price and competing for the division"

I think I've read tweets this offseason by Skip Bayless & Michael Lombardi to that affect... They mentioned he could go to the highest bidder, but there's always the chance that he sees Oakland on the way up.

I'd take the money.. Gotta put my self in the best situation for life after football.. then again I am not Nnamdi who's already superrich & might have other priorities in life like winning a division and a title.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board