YES
43%
NO
57%

Total votes : 7

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:34 pm
WarriorHawk87 wrote:This is sad, this team is not ready for the playoffs any time soon.

They have no heart, they take way too many games off. I don't know how many times they have completely not shown up for a road game because they know they are out-matched. It's like they don't even think they can win.

This is why this team has trouble keeping fans and gaining popularity.

These spoiled, overpaid players need to realize that playing in this league is a privilege and you show up EVERY NIGHT because it is your job.

Until this team learns to play hard every night they will never have real success.

Warrior have good players not great players that can push the team to the playoffs. FO either draft a great player or FA or add more good players on this team for depth. Which player on this team makes the game easier for everyone else on Warrior roster every night?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:09 pm
fullmetalx wrote:
WarriorHawk87 wrote:This is sad, this team is not ready for the playoffs any time soon.

They have no heart, they take way too many games off. I don't know how many times they have completely not shown up for a road game because they know they are out-matched. It's like they don't even think they can win.

These spoiled, overpaid players need to realize that playing in this league is a privilege and you show up EVERY NIGHT because it is your job.

Until this team learns to play hard every night they will never have real success.

Warrior have good players not great players that can push the team to the playoffs. FO either draft a great player or FA or add more good players on this team for depth. Which player on this team makes the game easier for everyone else on Warrior roster every night?

Yeah, unfortunately I have to compare this team to a child with down syndrome (or the equivalent)...just because the child was born with mental retardation doesn't mean you give them away or trade them for another child (team)...so I guess I'm stuck with them. :-o
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:11 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:
fullmetalx wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately I have to compare this team to a child with down syndrome (or the equivalent)...just because the child was born with mental retardation doesn't mean you give them away or trade them for another child (team)...so I guess I'm stuck with them. :-o

..and I don't mean to offend anyone or their friends/family..just wanted to make that point.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27 am
my recap.
first: disclaimers in favor of warriors.
back to back after running fiesta with denver.
phoenix has been playing winning basketball lately and has a very good coach.
on the road.

which leads to: keith smart playing zone, because most probably thinking we have no legs for one on one with this rested phoenix team, which is veteran like fast. zone which, and this is on smart, without legs is dead sentence against great three point shooting team. you simply can't zone without fast rotations, and that was precisely what happened - open three pointers all night long for phoenix.
strangely, i start to believe that our players, when tired, and they were tired from start, lose all their swagger, if they have any. i just can't think that they do not go out to play, it's just that they lose the desire very fast, because you can't do much only by willing if you are not a superstar player and depend on quickness. thus, 'motion offense' keeps on leading nowhere since moving doesn't produce an advantage, but only kills attack timing. this could be on smart (i still think his motion offense is very bad, because it rarely ends up with players being in a positon to shoot, they still have to create their own shot in the end, which, well, is not what any set of plays should deliver), but maybe, also, on fatigue. and, given our bench, fatigue is inevitable, unless we would be tanking.
phoenix also has been playing good defense lately, which means they allow low percentage of opponents shots, and since we relied on jump shots from motion offense, it only took us that far. i think there were too little legs to drive to the hoop, and too little offensive ingenuinity to have open looks for tired players.
as for timely trash time, we saw what we have in our bench. beides udoh, and some moves from bwright, there's really nothing worthy of an nba bench. lin and bell are terrible. i would easily beat lin in horse game, he has an ugly shot. like someone said in other blogs: lin makes biedrins look like a shooter. charlie bell? he hit as good as he ever could, that is 2-6. usually he would go 1-7 or something like that, waste of space. radmanovich, man, after some month of good basketball he's back into oblivion, still he could contribute from bench in defined role as a four in certain mismatches. the bench played not too ugly, but phoenix being in big advantage didn't make them play as if something was on the line. so, besides, some obvious things, this bench play was of no significance.
except for udoh. he needs to play more. and not because we need him develop (which we do, of course), but because he simply helps us to play better. it's sad that our frontcourt best defender and soon to be adequate offender is a rookie. or maybe encouraging - after randolph/wright fiascos.
bwright, weel i think he can play against second/third strings of another team and provide some quick shots/points. otherwise, i don't see him being good enough to warrant more playing time.

and, yes, i still think that curry in motion offense is a fish in a tank.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:14 am
I dont understand why everyone is so excited about this Udoh guy. Against Suns he played a decent time, scored 16 points which were useless anyway because rest of the team didnt want to play and eventually team lost. Yesterday he scored zero points, played some 12 minutes and the team won.
I think Smart knows what he is doing, and Udoh's time on the court is more than decent. I am just surprised that everytime after these kind of nights everyone here is saying that he or she is so tired of Smarts way of coaching or tired of GSW starters game, and saying that Udoh is the solution to all of the problems.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:46 am
well, simply because when udoh plays we seem to stop other team from scoring so easy. he is already better defender than biedrins even though the stats don't show it, and the nuggets game, where his line was zeros, showed that - when he was in the game warriors managed to make a run. and he was much better against nene than biedrins. granted it's small sample sizes when he plays 10+ minutes, but events on the court seem to show that he is very positive on overall team defense. and us, being so defensively overmatched, it seems like a good thing, don't you think?
also, i've been saying i'm tired of smart's coaching after many games, even after our win against nuggets, so it's not only these games.
udoh is not a solution to all the problems, but to some of them. at least to a black hole in our paint zone, that is biedrins+lee, both of whom are quite bad defenders, most probably because in need to help our guards and each other too much. with udoh you don't have to double team in the middle and he is maybe only one on our roster who tries box out, thus letting other forward to get a rebound.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 am
Well you are probably right on some points regarding Udoh's capebilities. Still I dont see how can anyone be so sure that he could be a turnaround for this team. He's promissing, showing some quality, but nothing more. I dont think that it could do any good if he would be the sixth man or even a starter. The team has some deeper problems to solve and Udoh is just another scenario for this team. Ok, he could make some changes in defence that are now the so called weaknesess of this team, but we might get weaker in other aspects of the game. You win some, you lose some. It just too early to experiment by pushing his minutes up. Let the guy play his 10-15 minutes and we'll se what happens next season.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 am
Shed wrote:I dont understand why everyone is so excited about this Udoh guy. Against Suns he played a decent time, scored 16 points which were useless anyway because rest of the team didnt want to play and eventually team lost. Yesterday he scored zero points, played some 12 minutes and the team won.
I think Smart knows what he is doing, and Udoh's time on the court is more than decent. I am just surprised that everytime after these kind of nights everyone here is saying that he or she is so tired of Smarts way of coaching or tired of GSW starters game, and saying that Udoh is the solution to all of the problems.

In regard to Smart, I think he knows what WANTS to accomplish but he is not being realistic with the personnel he has (i.e. running slow down and a lot of set plays on a team set up to run and gun). I think Udoh will develop into a good player; will have to go back and look to see who else coulda been selected to make more immediate impact but name Landry Fields immediately jumps to mind. Hard to luck out on diamond in the rough thru the draft, but Warriors more consistently completely bust with their draft picks.
Still comes down in coaching pro's to who can get best effort out of team consistently (example Doc Rivers) and Smart is not. It's not like they're old like the C's and can't handle a back-to-back physically; this is not being ready to play. That happens to everyone but WAY too often to Warriors and that constitutes a bad team.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 pm
Shed wrote:Well you are probably right on some points regarding Udoh's capebilities. Still I dont see how can anyone be so sure that he could be a turnaround for this team. He's promissing, showing some quality, but nothing more. I dont think that it could do any good if he would be the sixth man or even a starter. The team has some deeper problems to solve and Udoh is just another scenario for this team. Ok, he could make some changes in defence that are now the so called weaknesess of this team, but we might get weaker in other aspects of the game. You win some, you lose some. It just too early to experiment by pushing his minutes up. Let the guy play his 10-15 minutes and we'll se what happens next season.

Nobody is sure that he is a sure-fire fix to the 5 spot's problems, but we all know that he will do a hell of a lot better than Biedrins. Udoh scored 16 points on offense (which is basically more than Biedrins has scored this entire season, bar one or two games), while getting rebounds, blocks, and playing great D.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:35 pm
bigdaddyfunk wrote:
Shed wrote:Well you are probably right on some points regarding Udoh's capebilities. Still I dont see how can anyone be so sure that he could be a turnaround for this team. He's promissing, showing some quality, but nothing more. I dont think that it could do any good if he would be the sixth man or even a starter. The team has some deeper problems to solve and Udoh is just another scenario for this team. Ok, he could make some changes in defence that are now the so called weaknesess of this team, but we might get weaker in other aspects of the game. You win some, you lose some. It just too early to experiment by pushing his minutes up. Let the guy play his 10-15 minutes and we'll se what happens next season.

Nobody is sure that he is a sure-fire fix to the 5 spot's problems, but we all know that he will do a hell of a lot better than Biedrins. Udoh scored 16 points on offense (which is basically more than Biedrins has scored this entire season, bar one or two games), while getting rebounds, blocks, and playing great D.

I hear Ralph Sampson's available...oh yeah. Already tried that.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:57 pm
Giving up Warriors basketball...for a week at most...then I'll come back and see how they're doing...maybe two weeks. :)
Previous

Return to Game Threads