Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2011-02-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back with a win against the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:50 pm

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes : 6

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:25 am
Reggie & D Wright hit some big shots. Ugly but it's a win.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:09 am
Biedrins got the same amount of rebounds as Lee did, and Lee played almost twice as long as Biedrins did. He is important to us when it comes to rebounds. Ekpe didn't have any statistics, except 2 fouls. But I guess he did play a good defense, never the less.

There are two things I don't like to see. First one being Curry's nights when he gets less assists than the most of our other guys. I want him to prove that he can be a true PG, and that requires a lot of assists.
And the other thing is that our team depends, pretty much, solely on three point shoots. If we have a good night when it comes to shooting 3 pointers, everything indicates to another Warriors win. If not, on the other hand, 99% that we are going to lose. We can't depend that much on one game segment.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:02 am
Guybrush wrote:Biedrins got the same amount of rebounds as Lee did, and Lee played almost twice as long as Biedrins did. He is important to us when it comes to rebounds. Ekpe didn't have any statistics, except 2 fouls. But I guess he did play a good defense, never the less.

There are two things I don't like to see. First one being Curry's nights when he gets less assists than the most of our other guys. I want him to prove that he can be a true PG, and that requires a lot of assists.
And the other thing is that our team depends, pretty much, solely on three point shoots. If we have a good night when it comes to shooting 3 pointers, everything indicates to another Warriors win. If not, on the other hand, 99% that we are going to lose. We can't depend that much on one game segment.

it's strange how ekpe changes the game, without getting any statistics often, i was hoping that biedrins gets fouls so ekpe can come into the game in the second half, appearantly that is what it takes to get him on the floor in second halfs, smartisimo effect.

as for curry, the way smart runs this offense - this motion flex **** - curry just brings the ball, passes it up to wright or ellis and really is seldomly involved back in the play. worst thing about this offense is, that it leeds nowhere (beneficial) on so many possesions, but only changes the place of the ball and handler, who just jacks up a shot in the end, being guarded, great if our shooters are on, but in essence it's very uninspiring offense, especially to start the game. remeber chicago game? where we started running and pushing and so got everyone involved on energy level (notwithstanding the fact, that it gets some easy buckets which raises confidence). i believe this is necessity at the start of both halfs, then, and only then, smart should be allowed to try his strange idea of half court offense and - if it does not work, which is too often - get back to more running game. another troubling thing - there's still very few picks and rolls. this is very very disturbing to me, because pick 'n' roll is one of most efficient basketball plays ever. again, curry is very underused in smart's system, or at least curry as we know him (to be) able to pull out plays of the hat in more jazzy (improvised) system.

win is a win, but not too encouraging.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:We didn't win this game... Denver lost it. We did not play well. We were lucky that Reggie was shooting geat and some of our shoots were going down. But we lacked energy and defense looked sloppy again.

Agree that Denver lost the game as opposed to the Warriors winning it, but am occasionally encouraged by the Warriors ability to close the close games. That I believe will take time as far as where thay go when they need buckets to maintain leads to close out games. Dorrell Wright, GREAT game. Obviously Monta too. I don't like the reliance on jump shooting from distance when need buckets to match while opposition is making the inevitable run; if Smart insists on slow-down majority of game, how about drawing up something designed to get something closer to the bucket in crunch time? If we don't get superhuman efforts from key people from perimeter, we don't win those type games. Make it simpler!
Previous

Return to Game Threads