The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:12 pm
Maybe they wanted someone from Pittsburgh or Green Bay for a HC all along, so now they just screwed Fisher, because all the other teams got their HCs for the next season.

They're just gonna wait for Superbowl to pass and then take someone from those two teams, in my opinion at least.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:38 pm
JREED wrote:
Kind of crazy that the elite running backs of this generation (beginning with LT now on to CJ) will probably never win a SB... says something about the style of football that wins these days.

Don't forget your boy Frank Gore.

I would classify him as ELITE!!! :wink:
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:24 am
Yeah, I had him in mind when I wrote that, AP and Turner are other notables .that will likely never get rings. If Ray Rice continues to have a good career and stays healthy, he and the Ravens could potentially break this trend. Of course LT is just as likely, although he is far past his prime.

Anyone even going to watch the prowbowl tomorrow? I might check in and watch a quarter or so, but can't say that I care in the slightest.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 pm
pro bowl is not on ozzi tv. Damnit.

Only time every year i get to see a raider play. They did show oak v jax this year which was cool.

Btw andy lee and shane lechler have the cruisest weekend in hawaii. They punt about 2 times and hold the kick snap.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 pm
so...packers!!!!!!!!!!!!
~LilBallerx~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm
PAWNO wrote:pro bowl is not on ozzi tv. Damnit.

Only time every year i get to see a raider play. They did show oak v jax this year which was cool.

Btw andy lee and shane lechler have the cruisest weekend in hawaii. They punt about 2 times and hold the kick snap.

Lol, yeah going to the prowl must be a bigger deal for punters and kickers - they make much less money on average so the free vacation probably means a lot more and for them it is much more like a vacation since they probably don't have to do ****.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:54 am
As it draws nearer the more excited I am getting about the up coming Super Bowl game, Steelers vs Packers, one of the top offensive teams going against one of the best defensive, but both teams capable of performing at both ends of the ball. Actually this will be a game about defense, it will be interesting to see if there will be many big plays that go off, or will it be smash mouth football, definetly on the steelers side but am sure Greenbay is going to let it fly but how much so is the question.

Couple things stand out for me for the packers, the emergence of Aaron Rogers starting his own legacy after being in Brett Favre's shadow, and while the talk and buzz is about the packers passing game they also have a stout defense, that blitzes cornerbacks in excess, a new trend that am sure in the future more teams will implement.

The big question mark for the packers will be at the RB position, rookie rb James Starks has come out of nowhere to stabilize that position for them during the playoffs,but will it continue and against such a great defense.

Big Ben, first person that comes to mind when they mention Steelers, what an interesting season he has had for far, personally as well as how it reflected to his team, from the allegations of rape to missing the games in the beginning of the season. But look at him now, in the Superbowl, he still has alot o haters out there, but the guy is at the top now.

The Steelers defense, seems like nothing changes much year after year, its a way of football year after year, its crazy how they can maintain this type of culture year after year.

Their coach Mike Tomlinson, when hired was only the 10th black coach hired, now joins Tony Dungy, and Lovie Smith as black coaches that have won superbowls and is now looking for his second. Important because of how many few black coaches where interviewed in the past years, but seems like that stigma is passing and more minority coaches getting a chance at coaching.

Can't wait to see the game.

Really not sure who will win this one.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:56 am
warriorsstepup wrote:

The thing with the Steelers is they went into Superbowls in the 20 Century and had 2 cakewalk teams in Seattle & Arizona...

I think Seattle had double digit wins, but Arizona of 2008 was a team who was battling it out with San Francisco and Seattle in 2008 for a wildcard position.

I think the Packers are one of the most complete opponents the NFC has to offer.

Score i think will be 30 range for Packers and late teens/early twenties for the Steelers.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:01 am
PAWNO wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

The thing with the Steelers is they went into Superbowls in the 20 Century and had 2 cakewalk teams in Seattle & Arizona...

I think Seattle had double digit wins, but Arizona of 2008 was a team who was battling it out with San Francisco and Seattle in 2008 for a wildcard position.

I think the Packers are one of the most complete opponents the NFC has to offer.

Score i think will be 30 range for Packers and late teens/early twenties for the Steelers.

You make a good point Pawno, the Packers are as balanced the Steelers will face in a recent Super Bowl and on a great streak, now definitely leaning to the packers, bet placed can't wait to watch this game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:37 pm
I think Greenbay got this... Ben will have a easier day throwing passes now that Woodson is off the field. But the Greenaby Defense is still solid in all other parts of the Secondary.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:29 pm
What a game... Packers fanbase easily sounded like they had the crowd backing....

As the Dallas & Niners fanbase both have 5 wins to there Lombardi names. I think both those fanbases were cheering on A.Rodgers as the Steelers record of 6... isn't that far out of reach!!!

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:00 am
well, that means the packers are now ahead of the raiders.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:well, that means the packers are now ahead of the raiders.

Not a big concern for me pal...

We are only 2nd behind the Steelers in the AFC WEST!!! (in terms of rings & percentage)

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:28 pm
PAWNO wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

Good call Pawno, the scary thing is this the packers are the 2nd youngest team in the league, and the other scary thing the halftime show by the black eyed peas.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:31 am
Looks like the NFL lockout could end some time in the next couple of days and open up free agency by next week - excellent news! Especially excellent news for our two bay area teams that have a lot of discussions to make roster wise and have new HCs that need to get to work - particularly the 9ers who have an entirely new coaching staff (except 4 returning coaches).

Lets open up the FA and trade discussion...

What do you guys think about the McNabb to Minny rumors? I don't see it happening, in fact I don't see any team going after McNabb right away - I think he'll be the last resort of a bad-marginal team when all of the other decent-good veteran QBs have signed elsewhere.

What happens to Carson Palmer? I think we all know, by now, that he will not be playing for the Bengals and one thing the Bengals owner has shown in the past is that he doesn't give in to players. It's hard to imagine a team just letting a guy like this retire without getting anything out of the deal - I feel bad for Bengal fans - their owner obviously doesn't want to do what it takes to win and is too stubborn to do what is best for the team.

Will TO find a home? Some say he wont but for the first time in his career, the pundits aren't claiming that it's because of his personality, rather his injury and it's obscurity. I think that there are far too many teams that need a solid WR - Rams, Seahawks, Bears, etc - not to mention that I think TO could still be better than basically any no. 2 WR in the league.

Randy Moss?!?! If the label of "locker-room cancer" ever applied to anyone at any one point in time it would be what Moss did last season, his stint with the Raiders and towards the end of his first stretch in Minny, but to my surprise, insiders like ESPN's Adam Schefter, believe he is in for a big pay day.... wait what!?! are you serious?
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board