The FML thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:25 pm
Having a bad day or just heard some bad news? share them here....

i've been going to school for the last two years to finish prerequisites to get into kaiser's sonography program (sonograms).... i turned in my application to kaiser last month and there was a discrepancy with my official transcript... the bad news was that the i was missing a single unit (yes... 1.0 worth of units) of medical terminology, but the good news was that the lady told they extended the deadline from october 29th until january...

not too long ago, i went to my professor and she changed my grade from an incomplete into an A... i requested another official transcript and was going to turn in today.. they told me that they are no longer accepting application and that i would have to wait for the next application cycle which is next year, but the kicker is that the program doesn't start until early 2012...

might not seem like it, but i torn right now... i was planning to get into this program ever since i started taking the prereqs for it... i worked hard and got a 3.5GPA average, but now i have to wait a year and a half to start what i'm suppose to start this coming april...

fuk..... my..... life..... :cry:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:04 pm
man 8th ave... that is awful dude. I am so sorry to hear about that. School administrations these days are changing deadlines consistently to confuse students and have less applicants. It seems like you were a victim on a scheme.

What do you plan on doing in between? working?

Hopefully it ends up being a blessing in disguise. Who knows right? Just keep your head up high and hopefully better days are right around the corner.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm
Damn. Find the head of the program ASAP. The president, founder, someone. Write them a letter and explain the situation, you'd be surprised what kind of exceptions people make. Hope it works out bruhskie

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:54 pm
Man that sucks, but stay with it 8th, your performing at a high level, fight it to get that early enrollment, the time lapse if you don't is pretty ridiculous.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:13 pm
Me and my girl of 2 n half years broke up in mid October and believe it or not am only getting over it now. I broke up with her and she immediately replaced me (1 week later) with another dude. The thing is she moved about 2 hrs away to another city a year ago, since then things went down hill.

Me and her went on an arguing spree, saying things that were super insensitive, more on my part, so I broke up with her. After she started dating this new dude I went nuts, and lost it, started blazing, lost my job but got reinstated some weeks later, my grades in school slipped, all bad, am sure I had some of depression.

I felt I lost a part of my man hood, fast forward to now. I finally got over things, works going well, school going well, looking back I feel she was a distraction to me reaching my goals, and a stress to my life.

She has been calling me lately wanting to get back with me, while tempting I like were am at now.

* She had the biggest behind the perfect shape maybe that's why I was so stuck. lol.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:27 pm
Breakups can be rough, I know that I've had my fair share of them over the years - some pretty ugly too. Glad to hear your doing better, sometime these thing can be a real positive. I know after every breakup I've had, I slumped for a while and then came back new and improved. A big behind can be a vary powerful thing, lol.

The worst is when they move on with someone else before you do, I've been there before too and know that it can put some crazy thoughts into your head.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 pm
JREED wrote:Breakups can be rough, I know that I've had my fair share of them over the years - some pretty ugly too. Glad to hear your doing better, sometime these thing can be a real positive. I know after every breakup I've had, I slumped for a while and then came back new and improved. A big behind can be a vary powerful thing, lol.

The worst is when they move on with someone else before you do, I've been there before too and know that it can put some crazy thoughts into your head.

Glad you understand thanks, I see the positive part of the break-up now after almost 3 months, its allowed me to be more focused and more strong willed than before so I will take that.

And so true a big behind can be a powerful thing but I know no better. lol
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 pm
I understand you as well, bro. I broke up with my girlfriend about the same time you did, and I was with her for almost 6 years. Though, I don't think mine has found a new one yet, cause she still wants to meet with me whenever she comes here.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that the problems started when she went to her birthplace. We didn't see each other a lot, she was unhappy, cause it's a small and boring place, and somehow all the frustrations she got she took out on me, and blamed me for a lot of things. In the end she was telling me a lot of stupid things, so meaningless, that I'm quite sure she doesn't know what she wants.

I don't know if I'm still over her, I guess that part when she comes here, and when she wants to see me is bugging me. Like you, I realized a lot of good things after that, that I changed a lot during that relationship, and that I was somehow losing a little bit of myself, but I still miss her. She says she still does love me, and she's avoiding texting me or talking to me, but then wants to see me, even when she comes for a couple of days. I guess it will just take me a little bit longer than you, I mean 6 years are a bit more than 2 and a half. :)

Though, I do have a feeling that she's testing me a bit, like to see if I'll change something she didn't like now that I know how it looks. Though, I also did realize that I can get some hot girls, and that chicks do like me, lol.

Don't know why I shared my sad story, but there you go. Hopefully you'll choose whatever you think is right, Warriorsstepup.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm
Thanks for the input and story Guybrush, stories are so similar minus the years difference. 6 years is such a long i can imagine the bond and attachment in that relationship. Distance is a killer in relationships, both persons have to be strong willed and patience which can ware of quickly. The best thing I think is if u love her enough get her as close as possible to you, or try with the long distance but it won't be easy. Or dating other girls is never bad specially hot ones.

It will take time to figure things out, during that time things will be tough, all relationships are so different but some how end in similar paths.

WoW 6 years is massive, and here I thought 2 n half was a long time..lol
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:41 pm
No problem, mate. It's already 8th of January here, so it's hers birthday, I had a feeling I need to write something, lol.

I think it is a distance, no matter what else we both said. We're still in good relations, if you count out the fact that we usually talk when she gets here, or exchange message or 2 for birthdays and New Year. :)
I'll see what to do, I'll see her soon enough.

And yeah, 6 years is a lot,even worse it was mine and hers first relationship. I grew up with her basically, from my 19 to my 25 years. Almost quarter of my life. So, it is a lot, and it is tough, cause you have a lot of memories.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 am
Get another woman! Plain and simple, that works as it fills the void so to speak.

You need to start hanging out with old friends who meet or hangout with women, then you'll be around more women and will get one at some time. No point worrying about things, it does no good for you. It is easier to say than to do, I know, but you have to tell yourself that every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to sleep

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:00 pm
Warriorsstepup... show me some flicks Brother. I want to see what a big behind and perfect shape looks like.

If you don't wanna advertise all over the internet then just add me on facebook.com/oscarthomas and i'll just stalk out your photo albums homie!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:50 pm
PAWNO wrote:Warriorsstepup... show me some flicks Brother. I want to see what a big behind and perfect shape looks like.

If you don't wanna advertise all over the internet then just add me on facebook.com/oscarthomas and i'll just stalk out your photo albums homie!!!

lol Pawno I can add you on facebook but i deleted her as a friend including the pics, ill post a pic sometime down the line, she won't never know, hopefully.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:53 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Thanks for the input and story Guybrush, stories are so similar minus the years difference. 6 years is such a long i can imagine the bond and attachment in that relationship. Distance is a killer in relationships, both persons have to be strong willed and patience which can ware of quickly. The best thing I think is if u love her enough get her as close as possible to you, or try with the long distance but it won't be easy. Or dating other girls is never bad specially hot ones.

It will take time to figure things out, during that time things will be tough, all relationships are so different but some how end in similar paths.

WoW 6 years is massive, and here I thought 2 n half was a long time..lol

I hope you don't mind if I comment pup and guy. I have been married for 25 years. Only about 22 of them have been great. :mrgreen: The longer you are in a relationship the harder it is to break-up. There really is no right or wrong way to feel about it because no 2 people will feel the same way. I think it is best to keep busy and try not to spend to much "lone time". The mind thinks of awful, sad, and negative things when it is allowed to sit idle. The problem is that the world keeps on turning whether you are in step with it or not. So do whatever you think you should do to keep on going. The baseball player David Justice divorced Halle Berry. Martin Lawerence x-wife married Emmitt Smith. Things will get better, they always do. Hang in there bro. There are beautiful, lovely women everywhere just waiting for you.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:15 pm
Of course I don't mind, I welcome your advice. Though, my mind already knows that, it's just that you got used to some things, and it's hard to let go, that part is worrying. :)

But I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with friends, though, sometimes it's not helpful when you see a friends with his girlfriend, and you used to go out together, for instance. But yeah, I know what you mean. The hardest part is when you're alone at night. That's why I'm able to watch all the Warriors games even here, because I can't sleep at night, lol.

And, of course there are a lot of beautiful and nice women out there, it's just getting harder to find them, cause in my case, I think I'm gonna compare every single one of them to my ex, which is not fair, I know, but I guess it takes time. And you always have those flashbacks when you are thinking what wen wrong, and what changed so badly that someone who was your closest friend among other things changed opinion of you so drastically. Which is not the case, it just looks that way, because that person still has feelings for you, just trying not to show them.

This is definitely my thread. I wanted to write two sentences and I end up writing autobiography. :)
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum