Game Thread: Warriors @ Orlando Magic 2011-01-03

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors make this game close in Orlando?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:09 pm

25%
YES
1
75%
NO
3

Total votes: 4


All Star
Posts: 1189
» Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:09 pm
Golden State Warriors (13 - 20) @ Orlando Magic (21 - 12)

Start time: 4:00 PM PST @ The Amway Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Louis Amundson
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Orlando Magic:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Dwight Howard
PF - Brandon Bass
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
SG - Jason Richardson
PG - Jameer Nelson

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (25.4) | D. Howard (21.1)
RPG - D. Lee (10.0) | D. Howard (13.0)
APG - S. Curry (6.1) | J. Nelson (6.8)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.4) | G. Arenas (1.3)
BPG - E. Udoh (1.2) | D. Howard (2.5)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:46 pm
this should be a fun one to watch
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1027
» Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:28 pm
Have a bad feeling that Dwight will manhadle this game. Udoh, step up.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:47 am
LilBallerx30 wrote:Have a bad feeling that Dwight will manhadle this game. Udoh, step up.

i'd rather see dwight managing it than fricking refs
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 130
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:31 pm
so far so gudd, +5
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:13 pm
can we PLEASE have a good 3rd quarter... PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSEEE
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:29 pm
sigh******* what more can i say..........................................................................
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 2442
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 pm
What's happening with our team in the second half?! We actually used to have good finishes until that Lakers game.

Oh, and one more thing...I just can't believe it that one Hedo Turkoglu had a triple-double against us.

Rookie
Posts: 193
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:38 pm
It is sad that this team keeps blowing leads late in games. It is a sign of bad leadership and mental toughness. I'm also very disappointed to see so many players not playing in most of the games. What was wrong with Lee? With Biedrins out we needed Lee badly in this one, it is almost like the coaches already conceded that we would lose this game and decided not to risk him. This mentality seems all too common for this Warriors team. So many players are "playing it safe" and costing us games. Somewhere along the line you have to start thinking that you can win every game and put your best team and effort on the court.

This teams need to start treating every game like it is important or they will never improve as a team and never make it to the next level.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:45 pm
Guybrush wrote:What's happening with our team in the second half?! We actually used to have good finishes until that Lakers game.

Oh, and one more thing...I just can't believe it that one Hedo Turkoglu had a triple-double against us.


of course you can't believe, he's a turk 1 you don't like them, do you, after this summer? :mrgreen:

seriously if anyone can get anything ridiculous it's only against us.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:47 pm
our warriors have no fricking heart. couldn't watch them. no try, nothing. going through the rape like it's next bext thing. sad. no toughness. for all their potential, they lack manhood.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1027
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:20 pm
KIETH MOTHERFUCKING SMART
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 2442
» Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:50 pm
martin wrote:
Guybrush wrote:What's happening with our team in the second half?! We actually used to have good finishes until that Lakers game.

Oh, and one more thing...I just can't believe it that one Hedo Turkoglu had a triple-double against us.


of course you can't believe, he's a turk 1 you don't like them, do you, after this summer? :mrgreen:

seriously if anyone can get anything ridiculous it's only against us.

Well, if you wanna go back to history, go even further and you will see that we were in war with them for quite some time. ::razz:
So, that's not the point, and even though, Hedo speaks Serbian and he's a very good friend with Divac and Stojakovic, those should be pluses. ::lol:

The point is that now he's an average player, even that is questionable, and he managed to get a triple-double against us. Smart needs to think of something, I have a feeling that he's not rotating players in a good way again.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1119
» Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:06 pm
Guybrush wrote:
martin wrote:
Guybrush wrote:What's happening with our team in the second half?! We actually used to have good finishes until that Lakers game.

Oh, and one more thing...I just can't believe it that one Hedo Turkoglu had a triple-double against us.


of course you can't believe, he's a turk 1 you don't like them, do you, after this summer? :mrgreen:

seriously if anyone can get anything ridiculous it's only against us.

Well, if you wanna go back to history, go even further and you will see that we were in war with them for quite some time. ::razz:
So, that's not the point, and even though, Hedo speaks Serbian and he's a very good friend with Divac and Stojakovic, those should be pluses. ::lol:

The point is that now he's an average player, even that is questionable, and he managed to get a triple-double against us. Smart needs to think of something, I have a feeling that he's not rotating players in a good way again.


His first half rotations looked good. But I do not think they adjusted well in the second half. It is like they follow the game plan going in well, but when the defense adjusts to the offense, they need to adjust the offense accordingly too. That is were they fall apart. It is when the oposing defense changes strategy, they are not capable of adjusting their offense to make them pay in other ways. Then that leads to turnovers, which leads to fastback points and/or fouls and they get us in transition. It throws the game out of wack.

The need to be able to adjust. If they are staying home on the shooters, then throw it down to the low block. If they change how the are playing pick and roll defense, then run something else. The problem was we were gettting into the driving lanes and kicking out to open shooters in the first half, then in the second Orlando limited the lanes, and the help defense came from the low block, so the shooters weren't open. They took contested shoots and much harder shoots. The only one who could create shoots from himself was Ellis, and he was having trouble driving because the help that came from the low post, and when he dumped it off to Lou, that often resulted in a block, or turnover. And because most of the shots were perimeter, we were pretty much one and done. They need to learn how to run better low block plays were you pass it in on the post, and run some plays from there. Or even hight post plays were you clear a side for two players and then run some plays like they did last year. Or even pushing the ball off of makes and misses and speeding up the tempo so the other team doesn't have time to setup their defense. It is adjusting to the different matchups and strategies that they need to get better at. It is a work in progress. I like what I saw for the first 2 quaters.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests