James says contraction could be good

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:30 pm
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/b ... ?eref=sihp

Interesting comments.. He mentions Love on Minnesota, or Lopez and Harris on NJ, how much deeper the league would be like it was in the 80's where really good teams had 3-4 all-stars, even hall of famers... True..

But like any good business and you have big success you find ways to expand the operation.. that is what the NBA has done here in the USA with mixed results, and have even thrown around the idea of having teams overseas... I think overseas could work, but we'd definately have to contract teams here in the states. NBA could be immensely popular in some European regions. Here in the States, some markets arent meant for an NBA franchise.. Proof is in the attendence of teams who put a winning product on the floor and still cant come close to selling out.. Take Atlanta for example.. The Hawks or the Braves can barely sell playoff tickets! How they have an NHL franchise I don't know..

Warriors are soo fortunate to have fans that show up rain or shine. We've sucked a majority of so many years, yet we have one of the best basketball markets in the league. That is unbelievable!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:53 am
Well said.

The nba has done great the last 25 years or so, definately made alot of money. The nba, if it is to expand properly, has to go to marjets/cities/places where it is viable and Europe could be an option

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:19 pm
migya wrote:Well said.

The nba has done great the last 25 years or so, definately made alot of money. The nba, if it is to expand properly, has to go to marjets/cities/places where it is viable and Europe could be an option

I don't see that being possible .. the travelling would drive people crazy.. the ridiculous time zone changes. There definitely shouldn't be more than 28 teams.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:40 pm
I don't think the league needs to reduce the number of teams, but I would like for them to allow teams to get back to a more physical style of basketball. The physical style of basketball is what helped make the rivalries.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:01 pm
JSU2004 wrote:I don't think the league needs to reduce the number of teams, but I would like for them to allow teams to get back to a more physical style of basketball. The physical style of basketball is what helped make the rivalries.

I agree!!! The NBA needs to grow a pair and let them play. No more baby fouls... especially to benefit star players.

yeah, i am sick of the pansy fouls that are called in the NBA... if you watch college bball or european basketball, it is more physical than the touch fouls in the NBA. Like yesterday, the refs set the tone in the Heat v. Lakers game when Ron Artest was called for two quick fouls (guarding LeBron), both which were pretty light.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:29 pm
I couldn't agree more with you when it comes to those laughable foul calls. You know that start players (or even not star players when they play some weaker teams) are going to go to the free throw line if you stand in front of him and actually try do play some defense.

And that Kevin Martin is a story from himself.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:31 pm
The fouls that piss me off are the ones where the defender is actualy moving away, and the the guy who has the ball runs into and they call it a defensive foul.... I mean seriously? It shouldn't be a foul just because the guy on D is moving, specialy if it is the guy on offense causing the contact.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:40 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:The fouls that piss me off are the ones where the defender is actualy moving away, and the the guy who has the ball runs into and they call it a defensive foul.... I mean seriously? It shouldn't be a foul just because the guy on D is moving, specialy if it is the guy on offense causing the contact.

yep, and to go off of Guybrush's remark, Kevin Martin is notorious for this... he purposely goes out of his way to find a defender to bump, goes to hit him, and gets the foul called every time. No surprise to see that he led the NBA in Free throw attempts per gam the last few seasons.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
JSU2004 wrote:I agree!!! The NBA needs to grow a pair and let them play. No more baby fouls... especially to benefit star players.

yeah, i am sick of the pansy fouls that are called in the NBA... if you watch college bball or european basketball, it is more physical than the touch fouls in the NBA. Like yesterday, the refs set the tone in the Heat v. Lakers game when Ron Artest was called for two quick fouls (guarding LeBron), both which were pretty light.

THANK YOU

CLOSE THREAD =D> =D> =D>
I have two NBA teams: The Golden State Warriors and whoever faces off against the Los Angeles Lakers because I'm a 100% Warrior fan and a 100% Laker Hater

Return to NBA Forum