2010 spurs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:25 am
So im a huge Warriors fan, and as you all know the last 10 years or so they've whupped us up over and over again relentlessly.. Last year they still did, but it seems like age and injury were catching up to them.. Duncan didnt seem as strong, Parker was frequently hurt.. Jefferson didnt seem to mesh well.. Now they are 25-3... WTF? I don't have a chance or have gotten a chance to watch them play ball but does anybody have any incites on how all of the sudden they are so dominant? (granted the year is still young).. Can they be considered a Championship favorite over the Lakers or the Celtics?
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:06 am
They have one of the best coaches in the game. Now, instead of trying to feed Duncan with balls, they switched their game to more perimeter shooting, and started including a lot more players, bench, rookies, and started playing more and more as a team, without one star player to wear everything on his shoulders.

I didn't watch a lot of their games, but that's what I got a feeling they did.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:07 am
Spurs are the most interesting story to me so far among teams. They seem better than ever and Duncan is doing less than ever. They are definate championship contenders

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:22 pm
I can't stand Tony Parker or Richard Jefferson.... But absolutely love Manu's game and Duncan's cosistency. Also I think Greg Popivitch is the best coach ever. I place him above Phil Jackson because he never had the tools that Phil had (aka Jordan+Pippen / Kobe+Shaq / Kobe + Paul). He has done it by developing a team concept.

This year is the perfect example of how he has coached this team, there is no one superstar. No one is putting up gigantic numbers, and each player is filling his role to perfection. That being each player has a role, understands and was taught how to be successful performing their role. .... most teams have trouble getting guys to understand or accept their role, let alone be able to teach them how to be successful doing it.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:14 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I can't stand Tony Parker or Richard Jefferson.... But absolutely love Manu's game and Duncan's cosistency. Also I think Greg Popivitch is the best coach ever. I place him above Phil Jackson because he never had the tools that Phil had (aka Jordan+Pippen / Kobe+Shaq / Kobe + Paul). He has done it by developing a team concept.

This year is the perfect example of how he has coached this team, there is no one superstar. No one is putting up gigantic numbers, and each player is filling his role to perfection. That being each player has a role, understands and was taught how to be successful performing their role. .... most teams have trouble getting guys to understand or accept their role, let alone be able to teach them how to be successful doing it.

I think Jerry Sloan has done more with what he's had than any other coach in nba history. Popovich is not far behind, to me.

Spurs are doing it as a team and that is the best way to do it, that way there is no one player to shut down

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum