Game Thread: Warriors @ Sacramento Kings 2010-12-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Maybe the Warriors can win one in Sacramento?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:06 pm

YES
3
60%
NO
2
40%
 
Total votes : 5


All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:56 pm
well, thank you kings
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:57 pm
rockyBeli wrote:heyyyyyyy alright we won one. Monta showin some toughness in the last minutes but still Monta being Monta the guy refuses to pass on a 3 on 1 fast break lol.

i think he was afraid of making a turnover and rather take responsibility shooting free throws, this, or a desire to overshadow vlad the saviour and king the mercy
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 pm
I know a lot of you probably don't listen to metal bands, and won't like this stuff, but I find it quite fitting for this game. :mrgreen:

Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Location: Eureka, CA - Humboldt
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:02 pm
rockyBeli wrote:heyyyyyyy alright we won one. Monta showin some toughness in the last minutes but still Monta being Monta the guy refuses to pass on a 3 on 1 fast break lol.

He tried but Greene had good position and bumped him - he almost lost the ball.

Great finish to another ugly warrior game. The FT shooting is embarrassing and has been the difference in far to many games this season.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 pm
It's not only free throw shooting. We were again out rebounded, and that's mostly because we're always late to pick up on rotation, and we have usually just one guy below the basket. Too many fouls, FFS Amundson fouled out in a less than 13 minutes. And I said before what we don't do on offense a lot, no tactics, just hand it to Monta style of play won't get us through.

And of course, Smart...why did we play with just 8 players? Carney, Gadz...even Bell could have came in a little bit, just to rest those 4 that never leave the game, if not for any other reason.
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Guybrush wrote:It's not only free throw shooting. We were again out rebounded, and that's mostly because we're always late to pick up on rotation, and we have usually just one guy below the basket. Too many fouls, FFS Amundson fouled out in a less than 13 minutes. And I said before what we don't do on offense a lot, no tactics, just hand it to Monta style of play won't get us through.

And of course, Smart...why did we play with just 8 players? Carney, Gadz...even Bell could have came in a little bit, just to rest those 4 that never leave the game, if not for any other reason.

Yeah, I was wondering why Carney wasn't put into the game.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2425
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 pm
One more thing, I really like how Udoh is playing so far. He didn't score, but he gets a lot of rebounds, and is a great blocker. He could turn out to be a great pick in the end.
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 am
Guybrush wrote:It's not only free throw shooting. We were again out rebounded, and that's mostly because we're always late to pick up on rotation, and we have usually just one guy below the basket. Too many fouls, FFS Amundson fouled out in a less than 13 minutes. And I said before what we don't do on offense a lot, no tactics, just hand it to Monta style of play won't get us through.

And of course, Smart...why did we play with just 8 players? Carney, Gadz...even Bell could have came in a little bit, just to rest those 4 that never leave the game, if not for any other reason.


Real ugly game, but again in the 4th quater we played well. You can see a big difference when they are actually trying in the last quater from the rest of the game.
It is like they are saving the stregnth for the end in anticipation for playing a lot of minutes. The reason Carney and Gad didn't play was due to injury i believe. I know Gadz wasn't in uniform and Carney has had the foot problem. It realy hurts us to have the smaller Lou play against the bigger guys, I think Lou does best coming off the bench against the not so big 4's and 5's.
Ekpe was nice, hopefully he can start looking to assert him self in the offense early in the game. He is playing the high post which kind of clogs the lanes.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:43 pm
Location: Foster City, CA
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:35 am
Went to the Sharks game last night, I guess I missed all the fun. LOL Nice win, and a needed one. Hopefully Curry is back for Xmas game.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:00 pm
I missed this in the game, but this makes me laugh.... could Sac be our natural nemisis for the future... maybe:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_16920642



SACRAMENTO -- Lost in the Warriors' unreal comeback victory over the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night was some ill-advised, late-game taunting from Kings rookie center DeMarcus Cousins.

It started when the Warriors' Reggie Williams missed the first of three free throws while trailing 98-93 with 19.3 seconds left. That prompted Cousins to step into the lane, grab his neck and send a "choke" signal Williams' way.

Williams made his second free throw, but missed his third attempt. The Warriors, though, got the rebound and Dorell Wright was sent to the free-throw line after getting fouled.

Wright also missed his first free throw and was reportedly treated to the same choking signs from Cousins.

As karma would have it, it was Cousins' failure to secure a rebound with two seconds left in regulation on an intentionally missed free throw that led to Vladimir Radmanovic's desperation, game-tying 3-pointer at the buzzer.

The Warriors went on to secure a 117-109 overtime victory that ranks as perhaps their most thrilling win of the season.

Cousins, on the other hand, wound up scoring just seven points on 3-for-13 shooting with four costly turnovers and a big bowl of wrong for his post-game meal.


Last edited by GSW Hoops Fan on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:07 pm
HAHA, Karma is a BITCH!

http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2010/12/cousins-benched.html#ixzz18tTDkj2S

Cousins benched, fined for .... what?

DeMarcus Cousins has his anger issues, but apparently, so does his coach. After Wednesday's practice - which I missed while monitoring a live chat for the Bee - Paul Westphal announced that his rookie center had been fined and removed from the starting lineup for making a right-handed choke sign during Wednesday's loss to Golden State. At the time, the Kings led 98-93, were 19.3 from a victory, with Warriors swingman Reggie Williams at the free throw line. Cousins, who was fined Nov. 12 after clashing with an assistant and team trainer, flashed a grin and placed his right hand around his throat. Williams missed two of his three attempts.

The punishment is reminiscent of Westphal's benching last year of Spencer Hawes. The former Kings center had publicly complained about the player rotations, and when he arrived for the next game, discovered he had been de-activated and his uniform removed from the locker room.

Westphal's latest disciplinary move seems even more extreme. It would have been different if Cousins had flipped somebody off or engaged in similarly offensive behavior. But this was nothing more than a silly, boyish display. A scolding would have sufficed. And in the scheme of issues ailing the Kings, this is a major overreaction.



Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/ar ... z18teJcX4e
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:19 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:HAHA, Karma is a BITCH!

http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2010/12/cousins-benched.html#ixzz18tTDkj2S

Cousins benched, fined for .... what?

DeMarcus Cousins has his anger issues, but apparently, so does his coach. After Wednesday's practice - which I missed while monitoring a live chat for the Bee - Paul Westphal announced that his rookie center had been fined and removed from the starting lineup for making a right-handed choke sign during Wednesday's loss to Golden State. At the time, the Kings led 98-93, were 19.3 from a victory, with Warriors swingman Reggie Williams at the free throw line. Cousins, who was fined Nov. 12 after clashing with an assistant and team trainer, flashed a grin and placed his right hand around his throat. Williams missed two of his three attempts.

The punishment is reminiscent of Westphal's benching last year of Spencer Hawes. The former Kings center had publicly complained about the player rotations, and when he arrived for the next game, discovered he had been de-activated and his uniform removed from the locker room.

Westphal's latest disciplinary move seems even more extreme. It would have been different if Cousins had flipped somebody off or engaged in similarly offensive behavior. But this was nothing more than a silly, boyish display. A scolding would have sufficed. And in the scheme of issues ailing the Kings, this is a major overreaction.



Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/ar ... z18teJcX4e


Ailene Voshine is the worst sports writer in the world... Sacramento residents (whether fans of the Kings, Warriors, whoever) all agree that she is an awful sports writer.
Previous

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron