Magic trade for a new team

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:21 pm
In a couple moves, the Magic will have a new lineup that looks something like this:

pg: Nelson
sg: Arenas
sf: J-Rich
pf: Turk (I think Stan Van will play psychology and start him over Bass, in hope for the 2007 Turk)
c: Howard

Bench: Redick, Bass, Q-Rich

IMO, this is a quality lineup.

The benefit of this trade for the Magic is that they create several different lineups, as Arenas, J-Rich, and Turkoglu can all play multiple positions decently. The potential hazard for the Magic is that they are taking the risk that they are getting the 2007 versions of Turkoglu, J-Rich and Arenas, and not the 2009 versions of these players. Only time will see how it plays out.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:40 pm
I found only this about the trade (it's not like I was looking too hard ::razz: ):
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18/magi ... index.html

And it doesn't mention J-Rich or Hedo.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:43 pm
Wow, Phoenix has really disassembled their team, is Nast next??

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm
It would be smart for them to blow up. The team is going no where any time soon. Nash can bring some good pieces in return. A team like the Nets could try to get Nash if they are interested in also getting Carmelo. Even with a 7-20 record, the nets are only a few games behind the 8th spot in the east. The nets could trade Harris and a pick for Nash in Phoenix, while Favors, Murphy's expirer, Morrow, and a pick to Denver.

If they do trade for Nash and Carmelo (which they very well have the pieces to trade for them). A trio of Lopez, Nash, and Anthony would certainly be a playoff team in the east.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:07 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:It would be smart for them to blow up. The team is going no where any time soon. Nash can bring some good pieces in return. A team like the Nets could try to get Nash if they are interested in also getting Carmelo. Even with a 7-20 record, the nets are only a few games behind the 8th spot in the east. The nets could trade Harris and a pick for Nash in Phoenix, while Favors, Murphy's expirer, Morrow, and a pick to Denver.

If they do trade for Nash and Carmelo (which they very well have the pieces to trade for them). A trio of Lopez, Nash, and Anthony would certainly be a playoff team in the east.

Don't speak too loud Mr. C...

this forum barely ever sees you anymore with how much school work you got on the plate. I must say that Gruber or Lacob might be reading and you could be snapped up as the next GM and then we'd never see you. 8)

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:12 pm
this is surprising to me from phoenix's perspective.. They are playing .500 ball.. They just got turk from toronto right? And j-rich was their 2nd best player behind nash.. They get Gortat(backup C) and an aging VC, a late 1st rd pick and 3 million cash.. Unless there's something else going on I don't see how it really benefits PHX other than cap relief if VC's contract is up relatively soon..
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:42 pm
Magic, if all goes well, could be a top 4-5 team again, that's how much talent they now have. All the best to them, but Arenas is real risky.

Suns have always been a desirable place for players to go and they'll have to attract free agents, because that team has close to nothing and is playing at their best. They need a couple of stars to be anywhere near a contender again

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:04 pm
PAWNO wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:It would be smart for them to blow up. The team is going no where any time soon. Nash can bring some good pieces in return. A team like the Nets could try to get Nash if they are interested in also getting Carmelo. Even with a 7-20 record, the nets are only a few games behind the 8th spot in the east. The nets could trade Harris and a pick for Nash in Phoenix, while Favors, Murphy's expirer, Morrow, and a pick to Denver.

Don't speak too loud Mr. C...

this forum barely ever sees you anymore with how much school work you got on the plate. I must say that Gruber or Lacob might be reading and you could be snapped up as the next GM and then we'd never see you. 8)

hahaha... man, being a gm in fantasy sports is fun... couldn't even imagine as a real gm... a dream! [-o<

as for my activity, I got two weeks of vacation starting today... you will be seeing much more of me these next 15 days. :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:15 pm
Nash=old for a rebuilding team, if im phx i trade him and get as much value in picks or young talent as i can. apparently the magic feel bass can play enough backup C, and feel they can out perimeter teams with beef like the celtics. As everyone well knows, playoff basketball is a grind, so it'll be interesting to see.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 pm
warchief wrote:Nash=old for a rebuilding team, if im phx i trade him and get as much value in picks or young talent as i can. apparently the magic feel bass can play enough backup C, and feel they can out perimeter teams with beef like the celtics. As everyone well knows, playoff basketball is a grind, so it'll be interesting to see.

I really think that that Magic team has alot of firepower and can outshoot and outslash most teams potentially. As long as Dwight does what he does and the others shoot well, it's like they were two years ago

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:51 pm
Yea, but what is pheonix trying to do.... the move shure seems to be the start of something else... like rebuilding. They got rid of Hedo's long term contract, next up Josh Childress.

Who are they going to try to build around for the future? Dragic and Lopez?
I bet what they are going to try and do is collect as many 1st round picks as possible.
I like Gortat as a backup Center, wonder if they would be willing to trade him again?
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:01 pm
This would be nice:
GSW gets Gortat and Childress.
Pheonix Gets Gadzuric, Ekpe, Amoundson, a 2014 first round pick.

They get expiring contracts, get rid of their long term contracts and pickup Fan Favorite Amoundson, and rookie Udoh, plus a future first round pick.

We get a good Center and a backup wing player.

I would much perfer if we could send B. Wright in the deal, but I doubt anyone wants him with his bagage.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 pm
I don't see phoenix trading Gortat (sp.)... i really do think he will be better utilize in phoenix.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:34 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:This would be nice:

They get expiring contracts, get rid of their long term contracts and pickup Fan Favorite Amoundson, and rookie Udoh, plus a future first round pick.

I would much perfer if we could send B. Wright in the deal, but I doubt anyone wants him with his bagage.

Don't need Childress and that would be giving too much for Gortat.

And we still don't know what we have in Ekpe
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:14 am
Beast Mode wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:This would be nice:

Don't need Childress and that would be giving too much for Gortat.

And we still don't know what we have in Ekpe

Not that I wanted Childress, but somtimes you have to take something to get to the real prize, that being Gortat.
Anyways we will just have to wait to the trade deadline to see if we do anything with our expiring contracts.
Probably not, we will keep them and maybe get something in the Free Agency.

Maybe if we are lucky we will also get a nice talent in the lottery too.

Next

Return to NBA Forum