TV Shows

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:23 am
Just curious if anyone else on here has been watching this show - it's amazing! I've always had an obsession with zombie movies and I've been a avid follower of many weekly dramas (Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Dexter, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc) so this show was a home run for me! They just aired the 6th episode (I think season finale) and it was awesome. If you haven't seen the show, download it, rent it, buy it, watch the reruns - whatever you have to do. The Acting is on par with the other shows I mentioned, the production as well, but the epic nature of the story is unrivaled, asides the lame network series' like lost.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 am
Looks interesting, I love that kind of shows. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:31 pm
DUDE JREED, I have been watching this show. I just saw the finale. I thought the finale was ok, but there should have been a real cliff hanger.

Oh well, i can't wait 10 months until season 2 begins.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:35 pm
yeah, but I thought that the finale was a decent way of wrapping up a short 6 episode season. I think they'll be heading to France at some point.

I think i might just change this thread to a "weekly dramas" theme - i just watch the season finale of Dexter and was pretty disappointed with the whole season. I hope that they make up for this seasons' writing next year...

Another show I just cleared off my DVR is Boardwalk Empire... DAMN! This show is really good, again if you missed season 1, do whatever it takes to watch it. Though the series starts out kind of slow, the payoff in the season finale is just enough, but the hook is monster. Probably the smartest and most clever show on TV.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm
JREED wrote:yeah, but I thought that the finale was a decent way of wrapping up a short 6 episode season. I think they'll be heading to France at some point.

I think i might just change this thread to a "weekly dramas" theme - i just watch the season finale of Dexter and was pretty disappointed with the whole season. I hope that they make up for this seasons' writing next year...

Another show I just cleared off my DVR is Boardwalk Empire... DAMN! This show is really good, again if you missed season 1, do whatever it takes to watch it. Though the series starts out kind of slow, the payoff in the season finale is just enough, but the hook is monster. Probably the smartest and most clever show on TV.

Its funny because I have never heard of boardwalk empire until earlier today when a student of mine was telling me about it. Now that I see you saying it is amazing, I will have to check it out. It's odd i never heard of it before today. I consider myself a TV guru.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:23 am
I've stopped watching Dexter at some point during season 3. But I still think it's a good show. Or at least was...because I'm not sure about what season you've watched, JReed.

And good reminder for Boardwalk Empire, I promised that I would get that for my cousin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 am
As a history teacher, I really want to get into Boardwalk Empire... my classes just finished with the Roaring 1920's (which I believe is the setting of the show), and currently are discussing the Great Depression. It now makes sense on why a couple students asked me if I had watched the show.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 pm
Lol, from what I recall you teach elementary right? Boardwalk is really adult for kids that age - lots of sex and violence. But it is a great show, can't believe anyone hasn't heard of it by now.

I just finished season 5 of dexter. if you haven't seen season 4, you need to, it was the best.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:26 pm
No, i teach sophomores, juniors, and seniors in high school... It probably took so long for me to know about it is cuz i don't have HBO
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:01 pm
I forgot to say that I watched the first season, and I have to say that I really liked the show. Definitely worth watching, in my opinion. At least if you like post apocalypse kind of shows and movies. Nice casting as well...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:39 pm
Yeah I can't wait for the new season - if they follow the comics, it's going to get crazy. Right now is an awesome time for these types of on-going series - Entourage, Breaking Bad, I'm not a massive fan of True Blood, but it's worth watching.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 pm
JREED wrote:Yeah I can't wait for the new season - if they follow the comics, it's going to get crazy. Right now is an awesome time for these types of on-going series - Entourage, Breaking Bad, I'm not a massive fan of True Blood, but it's worth watching.

Man Entourage is such popcorn tv.

It's not like your going to meet a chick in a coffee shop and start talking about the character friction between Vinny and Drama.

Where as Breaking Bad is a thinking mans drama... there's enough cool script, cinematography in that show to get the mind thinking.

If your into Post Apocolyptic shows... has anyone checked out the Steven Speilberg sci-fi "Falling Skies" very well worth the watch.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:35 am
I watched Falling Skies, but its cut from the same cloth as 90% of the network series'. I agree that Entourage is not even in the same league as these other shows, but its still far more entertaining than most the other crap on tv and this season is actually exploring some turmoil. Madmen is another excellent show. AMC is really doing their thing right now with these original series, all the major networks could learn from them and HBO instead of trying to find the next lost which was complete garbage.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:47 am
JREED wrote:I watched Falling Skies, but its cut from the same cloth as 90% of the network series'. I agree that Entourage is not even in the same league as these other shows, but its still far more entertaining than most the other crap on tv and this season is actually exploring some turmoil. Madmen is another excellent show. AMC is really doing their thing right now with these original series, all the major networks could learn from them and HBO instead of trying to find the next lost which was complete garbage.

Whachu talking bout Willis...

You didn't like LOST??? I loved it bro. I guess I've been a sci-fi/fantasy fan for a long time and it's easier to get involved with the show when your a fan of the genre.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:24 am
I couldn't watch Lost even for about 20 minutes. I don't know, I guess you other get hooked up to it real bad, or you can't stand it. I can't stand it.

Though, I'll see what Falling Skies is all about, sounds interesting. Might be worth watching. Jerricho is also the same type of a show, though a bit older. I mean post apocalyptic type.

And also, I really love watching The Big Bang Theory, that's a type of humor I like. And Parsons is stealing a show there.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum