GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:08 am
I've been having my worst fantasy year since I began doing fantasy sports in 2002... maybe its because I'm working a lot now (versus before), or bad luck, or something. I am lucky to be where I am at in my fantasy leagues. I should be much lower.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:58 pm
Looks like I'm gonna sneak in and take the 6th spot in the playoffs ... *most likely Team Orton's spot*

Guybrush's team appears to be out of contention as well but goddamn what an effort after such a shitty roster to begin with *thank chum for that* ... nice work Guy.

oh, and pick up of the week *couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him in FA...* Chris Ivory ... 21 points already!
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:18 pm
Yeah, I'm out. My WRs played awful today, and I had great WR corps. They carried me so far, but Collie is injured, Lloyd didn't do anything today, and Bowe joined him doing the same thing, Manningham was a good backup, but he didn't do anything cause Eli sucked today (and just my luck, Eli is my starter as well), so guys that were my best players, failed in the end. I fixed my RB problem, that I had since day 1, by getting Blount and Tolbert, but I fell at the finish. And I can't believe it that Ivory was available, I didn't even check, cause I was sure someone had him. Nice job Beast.
And thanks, I did as much as I could to make this team competitive, and more fun for everyone, by not getting thrashed every week. It was a fun ride, I was in the PO hunt until last week, and I certainly wasn't expecting that.

Good luck to all of you guys in playoffs.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 pm
1st place and 1st round bye, of course I can't take all of the credit since only one draft pick was made by me.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 pm
Guybrush, don't forget about the consolation play-offs. You need to fight for 7th spot. That's what I'll be doing after going from 1st to out of the play-offs in the span of about 6 weeks.

What a disgraceful effort by my team. But maybe it's deserved, because even with my 7-6 record, I have one of the lowest POINTS FOR records in the league. But all the same, screw you Beast!

I will have to turn my attention to Crackerz' fantasy football league, where I am sporting a 12-1 record (thank you very much), and fantasy basketball, where I sit comfortably in second, and get to verse Coooach in the upcoming week. Good times!
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:15 am
aussiebiedrins wrote:Guybrush, don't forget about the consolation play-offs. You need to fight for 7th spot. That's what I'll be doing after going from 1st to out of the play-offs in the span of about 6 weeks.

What a disgraceful effort by my team. But maybe it's deserved, because even with my 7-6 record, I have one of the lowest POINTS FOR records in the league. But all the same, screw you Beast!

I will have to turn my attention to Crackerz' fantasy football league, where I am sporting a 12-1 record (thank you very much), and fantasy basketball, where I sit comfortably in second, and get to verse Coooach in the upcoming week. Good times!

auto pick... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 am
JREED wrote:
aussiebiedrins wrote:Guybrush, don't forget about the consolation play-offs. You need to fight for 7th spot. That's what I'll be doing after going from 1st to out of the play-offs in the span of about 6 weeks.

Yeah but seriously he played that well... Set Values high & then everyone was Scroogemode when he had a lineup of Rice, CJ, MJD & Brees.

It was probably my mistake to trade Calvin Johnson for Greg Jennings... But what made me pull the trigger back then is Ray Rice has a incredible stretch W14,15&16.

@TEXANS
VS SAINTS
@ BROWNS

Going into the start of the season i would of expected that week 16 Game against the Browns as a deal clincher... But straight up Money the Browns have been this season!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:04 am
aussiebiedrins wrote:Guybrush, don't forget about the consolation play-offs. You need to fight for 7th spot.

Oh, right. Thanks, I would have forgot about that.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:08 pm
Guybrush wrote:
aussiebiedrins wrote:Guybrush, don't forget about the consolation play-offs. You need to fight for 7th spot.

Pretty motivating stuff, right? =P~

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:51 pm
JREED wrote:

It wasn't really autopicked, because as Pawno said, I preset all my values before the draft, taking a certain strategy into account. And also, I've made like 60 moves on the waiver wire, and have picked up a number of good players along the way. I clearly am the dominant team :mrgreen:

Anyway, who's the favourite to win the GSW league? Warriorsstepup? JReed? Crackerz? Any prizes besides individual glory?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:17 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
Guybrush wrote:

Pretty motivating stuff, right? =P~

Oh, you have no idea...I'm ready for some serious ass kicking. ::razz:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 pm
Glad I picked up Deion Branch ... already got 20 points between him and Tom in the 1st Q
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 am
final 4 .. lets go

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:09 pm
Not too mad, but this team disappointed me, I mean I had Adrian Petterson, and Adrian Foster, but everyone had career games against me. I did not pick the players on the team but i have to admit I got attached, lol. Next year its on, with one year on the belt.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:28 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Not too mad, but this team disappointed me, I mean I had Adrian Petterson, and Adrian Foster, but everyone had career games against me. I did not pick the players on the team but i have to admit I got attached, lol. Next year its on, with one year on the belt.

The Arian Foster pick was ridiculous...

That kid was between 6-10th round talent that played himself into a top 3-5 pick next year. (MJD, Peterson, Foster, Hillis, Turner)

Allthough i believe the Texans became weaker as a whole by leaning on Foster & the Run this year... I just hope next year they focus on being a pass 1st team.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum