Game Thread: Warriors @ Oklahoma City Thunder 2010-12-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors snap out of this losing funk in Oklahoma?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:11 pm

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes : 4

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:11 pm
Golden State Warriors (8 - 11) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (13 - 6)

Start time: 4:00 PM PST @ The Ford Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Oklahoma City Thunder:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Nenad Krstic
PF - Jeff Green
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - Thabo Sefolosha
PG - Russell Westbrook

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (24.2) | K. Durant (27.3)
RPG - A. Biedrins (10.4) | S. Ibaka (6.9)
APG - S. Curry (5.8) | R. Westbrook (8.6)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.5) | R. Westbrook (2.2)
BPG - B. Wright (0.9) | S. Ibaka (2.2)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:52 am
huge LOSS by double digits
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:12 am
I'm really disappointed after this game. It can't be that we have the best back court in the NBA and a huge gap on the other positions! 68 points from Curry and Ellis and nothing else! Hope the new owner will do something with it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:15 pm
nrm wrote:I'm really disappointed after this game. It can't be that we have the best back court in the NBA and a huge gap on the other positions! 68 points from Curry and Ellis and nothing else! Hope the new owner will do something with it.

Don't get too discouraged. Although us fans want immediate results, remember that we played without true bigs most of last year, and D. Lee has missed several games and this season (and was hurt preseason). Our team as a whole needs to learn how to get the big guys more involved. Right now they only to Beans like 2 or 3 plays in the begining everthing else fro the bigs is either rebounds or late in the shot clock.

David Lee is showing he has a great basketball IQ, making some nice passes and you can see some chemistry between him and beans, but that is not consistent. As time goes on, and as Lee can start hitting that 15 footer again, things will start clicking. The pick and pop will be better, and the pick and roll which we have been so eager to see will start to open up.

Again, I think as fans we are tainted because we had a great start to the season when we faced easier teams, but the good teams (and as the season goes on, teams are getting better), have made us look bad and exposed our weaknesses. It doesn't help that we don't have a strong bench. Got to remember that the best guy off the bench right now is regie williams... and he is a second year player who is also trying to learn to fit into a new role. He does show some good stuff though, and I like him a lot on this team. There is no backup PG, and the other guys are not playing well. Jeff Ardien is playing well... for an undrafter rookie, but shouldn't be the first big off the bench.

There were some nice plays and nice stretches of the game that looked good. This team will be much better if they can stay healthy and get some quality playing time together. My pre-season prediction was 36 wins.... if they pass that, I don't think it will be by much.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 am
Totally agreed with you, I think I got misled by the good start of the season. I was expecting too much.
We have a very young team and a lot of injured bigs. Hopefully Monta and Steph will keep playing well and the rest will pick up their game.

Return to Game Threads